uptime

Radio stations in cities

Please don’t kill me for bad English- I use Google translator. I hope you are friendly ;)

I think it would be great to make in-game radio stations and radios (as music radio station). In some of the cities.

Players can find radios in homes and other places. They can switch between frequencies and find messages from other players.

Who controls the station can broadcast messages. It is desirable to make it possible to record a phrase and twist it around. For example "Chernogorsk is safe-zone! Come here, and we will make you happy!".

Of course, someone could use it as a trap, but anyone who would attract attention to themselves at risk, as many will know his location.

Each station has its own frequency. Sitting in the same city, the player can say that he is sitting in the other (to avoid being found). But if you know what city what frequency - you can find him.

Imagine you are sitting in the woods, switch radio frequencies, you hear a message that Zelenogorsk is safe. And you have to decide - whether to go there, or is it a trap. Maybe there you can buy something of value, or die.

Additionally, the game can add the rare random appearance of mobile stations (but they also need to fix, like all cars).

Perhaps there will be enthusiasts who will be broadcasting from the hidden mobile stations for hours, to advance some ideas and opinions, to report on ambushes in different places and so on. Or barricaded in urban radio stations with barbed wire).

Some teams will be able to create a "safe zone" and invite other players. It will help to bring into play another element - barter. And even the economy. For example, how much will it cost morphine? I would have changed it to night vision devices, if I had an extra morphine.

Of course, the "safe zone" is a convention. Someone should create a rules (for example: do not shoot in a safe area, or you will be killed, you can not take up arms) and try to control it.

Perhaps some teams and clans will fight for control of radio stations.

Edited by uptime

Hey, Friendly here!

I love your idea... opens up such a lot of fun and could add realism as well

i hope this is implemented in the future or atleast parts of it ..

I really love the idea, but there are two problems:

1.) Towns will never be safe, since zombies respawn and otherwise people can just loot the shit out of them.

2.) Modelling and placing the radio station might not be possible, although I'm not sure about it.

I really love the idea' date=' but there are two problems:

1.) Towns will never be safe, since zombies respawn and otherwise people can just loot the shit out of them.

2.) Modelling and placing the radio station might not be possible, although I'm not sure about it.

[/quote']

I think it is not difficult.

1) It's just a script. Now zombies can't respawn closer than 30 meters from the player (if I remember correctly). For cities, this distance can be increased. Then next to the radio will be more or less peacefully. Watcher will shoot the rest zombies from afar.

2) A simple version can be done quickly, I think. This is a simple house, inside which there is room. In the room should contain multiple panels that you can interact. Panels can be copied from the tower at the airport.

P.S.

Using the station might be (simple version):

the first option - to speak broadcast (hold enter)

the second option - enable / disable the repetition of the last message

I think this idea is quite nice. Imagine there is a safe city and some (7?) people went there for some suplies, teaming up and trading.

One starts to shoot on another player, because of claiming loot or whatever.

How do the other players react? Kill the aggressor? Running away? Or starting to shoot each other in a moment of chaos and confusion.

---

In general this promotes to stay on one server with your character. Right now only tents and vehicles do so right now.

I think this idea is quite nice. Imagine there is a safe city and some (7?) people went there for some suplies' date=' teaming up and trading.

One starts to shoot on another player, because of claiming loot or whatever.

How do the other players react? Kill the aggressor? Running away? Or starting to shoot each other in a moment of chaos and confusion.

[/quote']

They should kill the aggressor, I think. He is a threat to others.

I definitely like this idea. Keeps realism front and center, adds a new mechanic, new conflict point, etc.

+1.

Really good idea, it could work just like the demon's/ dark souls way of messaging people. You can use the radio to help people or be deceitful. While we're at it, how about adding generators that allow us to turn on the power in enterable buildings or even entire towns and cities! that would be really cool, imagine wandering in the dark until you see a bright light over a hill, you walk up to see what it is and you see a city with power. This city could be either a sign of hope or a sign of a trap and people will have to choose whether they wanna take their chances with the pure darkness or other players.

I like this idea, I just don't think it's quite the time to put stuff like this in the game.

That said, there are some really, really cool ideas already put forth, and that makes my mind boggle at how cool this mod is going to be when it's done. :)