Sign in to follow this  
commiedic (DayZ)

-_- Zombie spawn...

So my main server was about to restart and I made my way to the NE AF (small one) to get my hands on some goodies.

I stay about 1km out so that I can kind of make my way in there safely. I come in from the SE and as I get up to the coms tower I see a road flare by the most western hanger. (About 1-2am)

After seeing nothing in the comms tower that would be useful I go to the top and walk around the glass and use my binoculars to get a good view of who else is looting. Two guys it seems. One in cammo the other in civ clothing. One using a M4A1 CCO and the other a G17 pistol with flashlight.

As they clear the first hanger they throw another flare and along the way they are clearing all the zombies. I wait for them to get to the base of the comms tower and clear out the zombies before I raise to a crouch and shoot the flashlight guy first and knock him out. Then I shoot the 2nd guy with the CCO M4A1. He hits me once, but I kill him with my M4A1.

I go to bandage myself and the 2nd guy stands up. I proceed to finish the job and kill him. Then I go to use a bandage and all of a sudden I am getting hit in the back by zombies. I turn around and there is like 10 of them. So not only did they spawn in they also never made a noise until they were bashing me over the head. They literally got up there in like 15 sec.

I really wish they would add normal movement sounds to zombies. No way they climbed the stairs as fast as they did. They must of climbed the ladder and it would be nice to hear someone/something climbing the ladder.