Arhious

There And Back Again - A DayZ Story

There And Back Again
A DayZ Story by Aleksandr & Kyle
4/26/14

"Well, a friend and I decided to play together (he was up so early in our time because he's currently in Sweden), and he had to find his way to where I was, which was a big military airbase. We spent a good hour or so finding out where he was so I could give him directions and help him find his bearings. Eventually, we found out that he was directly west of the airbase, so I told him to go east. We met up, and I brought him back to a small, one-cell court marshal prison on the south end of the airbase where I had assembled some gear for him (1 M4A1 assault rifle chambered for 5.56mm rounds, 1 M1911A1 handgun without a magazine, 1 tactical vest, 1 ballistic helmet, 1 TTsKO (Soviet Russian) jacket, and 46 7.62x51mm rounds for his rifle). Having already looted the airbase all by myself, we decided to go south towards a place called Green Mountain. It's rumored to be haunted, because it's an old Soviet numbers broadcasting station erected during the Cold War. Whilst there, he glitched through a wall and fell to his death. This is where it really gets interesting. He's panicking, telling me to get his gear off of his character's body, so I did. We spent the next few minutes trying to find where he respawned so he could come and get his gear, but he was on the far east coat (Green Mountain is in the west province of the region). I said I'll bring you your rifle and all its ammunition so we can go back and get your gear safely. So he goes west and I go south, and we meet in a town after, what, a half hour of full on sprinting to get to our destination. After this, we go in the exact opposite direction I had come from to get back to Green Mountain, spending another half hour going back. Thankfully, when we arrived, his gear was all still there, and he recovered it. But at this point, we realized something. He had a defibrillator in his backpack that I could have used to revive him."

LOL, did the defib have batteries in it though?

Yes... we had three batteries on us, total.

Defibs dont revive dead people in the game, only unconscious. yes, its unrealistic, but whatchagonnado

Yes... we had three batteries on us, total.

Ill bring a defib with me and a note with something like "defib me if you killed me" obviously longer than that but along the lines of it in hopes my bandit killer will bring me back.....hasnt happened yet but i remain hopeful lol