Sign in to follow this  
Daemonkid

Bayonet Attack

So. I know this probably won't be added any time soon but I really wish they would add in the functionality of the bayonet and toss in a rifle butt animation. These should have been done and completed a long time ago.

What's the point of adding in weapon such as the bayonet and make it attachable to a weapon if you were not going to even add functionality.

I would take a placeholder animation at this point in time. Like, Arma 3 breaking point has it, hell even a few Arma 2 mods add that kind of functionality. 

So devs, this kind of feature would be super easy to implement even as a place holder and would make me and many other people very happy. 

Basically I want to stab zombies in the face with my SKS bayonet on the end of my rifle..

Please do dis for me, plz.

• Like 2

Actually, The anims are already in, If you can manage to bug out and hold an invisible rifle, Left click, You'll see both the Bayonet stab, and the Butt Strike.

Actually, The anims are already in, If you can manage to bug out and hold an invisible rifle, Left click, You'll see both the Bayonet stab, and the Butt Strike.

Then why can I not actually stab zombies and or freshspawns in the face with it? 

It makes me sad, it's already complete, but it's being withheld? Like, why? :/

Then why can I not actually stab zombies and or freshspawns in the face with it? 

It makes me sad, it's already complete, but it's being withheld? Like, why? :/

Not sure, I can't even think of a reason, But there would have to be, Probably something small that would violate the entire game/engine... Or, It could have just been forgotten.

I hope we see it soon though, And I hope it's not underpowered like 1 handed weapons VS players..

I can't possibly think of a reason other than they have forgotten.

I don't see how it would break the engine. Like I stated, Arma 2 mods have bayonet attacks as does Arma 3 breaking point (It can't be that difficult to code) I would even take a placeholder version of it for now, that just does the animation and whatever is infront of you takes damage, even if it's minuscule.

(It would help with the new zombies since precision quick attacks are the most effective way to deal with them now)