Zone of death - off map

Wow, I can't believe all the hoarders on this thread.

Just so people are clear: The edge of the map is when the grass and trees disappear. Thank god Arma 3 will be an island map, so we can shut up some of these hoarding carebears. The sad part is, the hoarding carebears probably complain about the "CoD carebears" or the "anti-pvp carebears." When in fact, these hoarding carebears are exploiting the fact that they found a vehicle (and can easily travel much further off the map) to protect their giant piles of loot.

For those of you saying "oh yeah well in a real zombie apocalypse we would be able to travel further away into the wilderness," What makes you think that off-map would actually be wilderness? There's an international airport within a few KM of the map boundary... What makes you think there isn't a large city or more towns just outside the playable area? Sounds like you're living in a fantasy world to me.

It's cheating, plain and simple, and anyone that says any different most likely has their own off-map tent city with a couple vehicles, and really wants to protect it against the actual players of the game.

I vote that off-map tents and vehicles don't save, and any currently saved off-map tents and vehicles get wiped with the next update and (in the case of vehicles) respawned at their original locations.

Im pretty sure that this "off map" are that is completely empty of everything is a product of ARMA itself, and used so that players in jets can turn and bank without running into an invisible wall.

It is obvious to anyone who wants to apply critical thinking to the issue that this area is NOT intended to be used as a play area. This is obvious because nothing is programed there, not even grass.

The argument that "in real life you could get away and go into the wilderness" does not apply here because "in real life" this area would not be empty as it is now, there would be towns, houses, roads, heck even trees and grass, and zombies. The reason these are not there is that the game could not simulate the entire world.

So in summary: The empty zone is a game mechanic from ARMA to allow jet movement to occur. It was not intended to be a valid infantry play area. Therefor moving tents and vehicles to this no mans land is using a game mechanic in a manner that is contrary to its intended purpose, which is the very definition of exploiting. And since this game mechanic can not be used for its intended purpose (no jets in Day Z), the borders should be locked and an invisible wall erected, or in the alternative disable the ability to save tents and vehicles that are off-map and make them despawn if left alone for more than 15 or so minutes.

from original post

I agree off map should be stomped out.

How its stopped I don't care as long as it is :)

lol @ the people defending the legitimacy of the debug zone

An argument to remove the debug zone, or the accessibility of it, is not the same as an argument against carebears. Feel free to take to the hills and hoard items and vehicles... INSIDE THE GAME WORLD. I'd even agree with you that the world should be made bigger, and have more wilderness far away from towns to hide in. But the debug zone has still got to go.