Sign in to follow this  
Scarth

Potential player, no-zombie mod?

Hey

A bunch of my friends have DayZ (Standalone) and make it sound really fun.

I don't deal well with horror though, so I was hoping that someone has made a mod that replaces the meshes/textures (maybe sounds too) of Zombies with something else. I'm not fussed about rigging or quality, of course.

Thanks guys :D

Hey

A bunch of my friends have DayZ (Standalone) and make it sound really fun.

I don't deal well with horror though, so I was hoping that someone has made a mod that replaces the meshes/textures (maybe sounds too) of Zombies with something else. I'm not fussed about rigging or quality, of course.

Thanks guys :D

I don't really view the zombies as horror, just more of a nuisance ^^. I think it's be great to actually have DayZ without zombies. Though I doubt anybody would play it.

No mod support yet. Either deal with the zeds or wait, probably till after beta.

Thanks guys. Are the Zeds a slang term for zombies, or are there multiple types of zombies a la Left for Dead?

Thanks guys. Are the Zeds a slang term for zombies, or are there multiple types of zombies a la Left for Dead?

Slang. There are no special zombies unless you count the jobs they had in a previous life. (eg. soldier zeds which take a little bit more DMG due to armour).

Rocket and co have said that there will be no special infected.

Sounds like you should play wasteland mate.

Either in Arma II or III?

This does open up the question, whether or not we will actually be allowed to remove zombies through mods?

We dont know, they might restrict it for some reason.

Lovely, thanks man. Will pick up and wait warmly for mod support.

Granted that zombies currently are shit but...

You want to play a zombie game without the zombies? What shall we just turn them into flowers?

the-grove-carol-to-lizzie-just-look-at-t

Granted that zombies currently are shit but...

You want to play a zombie game without the zombies? What shall we just turn them into flowers?

He just wants something else instead. Another model which does the same as the zeds are supposed to.

He just wants something else instead. Another model which does the same as the zeds are supposed to.

Me too, I want my Zeds to be floating large bullseye models, in neon red so they glow in the dark, and make distinct alarm noises.

Changing zed models on server side for everyone might be fine, but I hope any client side changs to models and game files will hopefully be a BAN offense.

people say play wasteland, but wasteland aint shit.  Epoch with out zombies would make sense though.  Breaking point only kind of has zombies lol

yeah breaking point zombies are completely tame, there is lots of them. If they had that many zombies in standalone but with the better attacks/jump attacks and they weren't super fast it would be about right

people say play wasteland, but wasteland aint shit.

Then he should play it, if it "aint shit"...

i want a zombie only no player one (basically a private server)