BRCojones

Unbearable dysnc on stable

Long periods of inability to interact with gear and then entire servers freeze for 2-3 minutes followed by mass disconnects good job DICE... I mean bohemia =O how in the world this patch got through experimental yet again is beyond me

Long periods of inability to interact with gear and then entire servers freeze for 2-3 minutes followed by mass disconnects good job DICE... I mean bohemia =O how in the world this patch got through experimental yet again is beyond me

Most de sych issues are caused not by the servers but by your own internet speed or ISPs own settings

It got through experiential because they probably didn't have these issues

I've not had any problems with de sych, the occasional few seconds of lag now and again but nothing like yours

So I'm gonna say it's your internet causing the problems

I would agree except that this problem just started I have 50 down and 10 up playing a local US server (ping ~100). The problem is that they improperly passed this patch through experimental. I'm not the only one having this problem my whole squad is as well.

You remember you are playing in an alpha...right? You *have* read the disclaimer that pops up every time you launch the game too, right? The one where you have to click the button that says "I Understand"?

Sorry bout your luck, but aside from some strange, unplanned server restarts- on multiple servers, not just my own- myself nor any of my squad have experienced what you are. Your subscribed internet package, as claimed, is nice and speedy- but they only tell you what the network is capable of, not what kind of throughput youll actually be getting. You could have local congestion slowing you down and causing your lag.

But remember- it's alpha. Shit breaks.

I have some of the worst Internet my country of very poor Internet has to offer I lag way less with this patch. Sorry to hear you lag more. I'm sure if it's not your Internet things will get worked out in the future, try back later I guess. Tho this is unfortunate it's to be expected with an alpha build

I used to get really bad desync prior to the latest patch.  I wouldn't even get the broken chain for minutes while I was desyncing.  It made it really hard to stick with my buddies because they would just end up vanishing because of it.  Try reporting this in the http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/forum/126-troubleshooting/ section and hopefully a more tech savvy person might be able to help you out.

The patch did make desync and lag issues worse imo.  I feel like their guaranteed messaging system isn't sending enough messages or something now, and then the server tries to catch up or something.

It's not individual connections, although those issues can exasperate the problem, because the servers lag up for everyone in my group at the same time and we all see each other running in place etc.  Individual desync is worse now because I think your client sends slower/fewer messages, resulting in the player warping around a lot harder than in previous patches.

I think they'll work it out and it's probably a matter of adjusting how often their guaranteed server messages occur.  Obviously I have no fucking clue what I'm talking about and it's just my theory based on what they've said =P

It is currently worse though in many regards.

I've not really noticed the big advantage of the guaranteed message system.

I still rubberband, I still get massive desyncs that seem to be even worse now.

Nope, not liking it one bit.

Here is what I think. Before, you would lag/desync and you wouldn't always notice, as the server kind of 'worked with' the client and guesstimated what was happening and where you were going. Now, I sometimes get CONSTANT yellow and red chains. Though, other times it's okay. When I do get real bad, I swap over and my ISP connection seems fine to other parts of the net. I mostly play the multiplaygame servers, which should be ok on server stability. Not sure if they just bog down at time when the load is high or what else might be going on.

Most de sych issues are caused not by the servers but by your own internet speed or ISPs own settings

It got through experiential because they probably didn't have these issues

I've not had any problems with de sych, the occasional few seconds of lag now and again but nothing like yours

So I'm gonna say it's your internet causing the problems

ive been having more problems with lag and desync since new update, it is nothing to do with internet or anything else anyone might suggest, its to do with the new update.

problems interacting with equipment, needing to log out and back to be able to eat, etc

Before, you would lag/desync and you wouldn't always notice, as the server kind of 'worked with' the client and guesstimated what was happening and where you were going. Now, I sometimes get CONSTANT yellow and red chains. 

Hm yeah, I've also noticed a lot more red&yellow chains then before.

For me the game was super smooth before they introduced loot spawning testing on experimental.

Before that, it was super good for me.