Sign in to follow this  
Bambiboy

Arma2_ka52

Whenever I try to play dayz it comes up with: Addon 'CA_CommunityConfigurationProject_E' requires addon 'Arma2_Ka52'. It's really annoying because I just fixed another problem and now this one appears! So please help any answers appreciated!

Saw tha in another post about the problem

the arma2_ka52 is part of arma the only thing i can think of is the install didnt go properly corrupt file (i think this is air2.pbo) or combined operations isnt running have you tried running dayzcommder and seeing if that launching it right you may need to set the path in the settings the other thing is it could be an error similer to the gog version where it puts an extra slash on the path maybe if you take a look at your registry

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE > SOFTWARE > Wow6432Node > Bohemia Interactive Studio > ArmA 2

and

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE > SOFTWARE > Wow6432Node > Bohemia Interactive Studio > ArmA 2 OA

and for each of the MAIN and DATA check to see if at the end of the path it puts a backslash

ie

D:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead\ <-- remove this if it is there

Saw tha in another post about the problem

the arma2_ka52 is part of arma the only thing i can think of is the install didnt go properly corrupt file (i think this is air2.pbo) or combined operations isnt running have you tried running dayzcommder and seeing if that launching it right you may need to set the path in the settings the other thing is it could be an error similer to the gog version where it puts an extra slash on the path maybe if you take a look at your registry

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE > SOFTWARE > Wow6432Node > Bohemia Interactive Studio > ArmA 2

and

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE > SOFTWARE > Wow6432Node > Bohemia Interactive Studio > ArmA 2 OA

and for each of the MAIN and DATA check to see if at the end of the path it puts a backslash

ie

D:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead\ <-- remove this if it is there

Ok well there wasn't any backslashes, but under DATA for OA looked like this

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead\ Expansion

So should the word expansion be there? And does the beginning letter make a difference? (Mine is C, yours is D)

I had a similar problem when trying to play the mod directly through steam.  For some reason, the dayz mod option in steam is broken (or it requires the Combined Ops pack, rather than A2 + OA).

I solved it by completely deleting the dayz mod from steam, verifying the integrity of my arma2 game on steam (which caused it to download a file), running arma2 and exiting, running OA and exiting, updating OA to the beta patch, then using dayz commander, downloading all necessary updates from the install section of commander.  This solved the problem for me.