chibigoat

DayZ & The Walking Dead

Comparing the two, what are your thoughts? Should DayZ strive to be like The Walking Dead? Just finished season 2 so I'm into it at the moment. I plan on making a nice long video about this so if you have anything PRODUCTIVE or USEFUL to say about it, I'd really appreciate it. Also, is The Walking Dead already something that was looked at when it came to DayZ? I noticed things like the sounds of the flies being the same in the show and this game and a lot of situations were similar. Thank you.

Man all i can say is that if ye want to even think of comparing you need to get into the comics. And they'll need to introduce sex and torture with the next patch.

And they'll need to introduce sex and torture with the next patch.

rocket made some mention of "not ruling out" the possibility of romance playing a role in some game mechanics...

As for TWD, I love the atmosphere of the show but have admittedly not read the comic so I will speak from that perspective: as long as I have the option to be smarter than the characters written for the show, I'm happy - because they are a pack of bumbling fucking idiots I'll tell you what. So many of their decisions and actions in the show are complete and utter nonsense, not to mention their lack of basic survival strategies. I have trouble sympathizing with the deaths of characters in this scenario. I'm like "Yup, deserved it."

Like the scene where Daryl is injured in the river and trying to climb the steep hill back out to safety. Risking his life on a sheer hill face, climbing with an injury, clinging to unstable branches, nearly passing out from exhaustion and pain, slipping and losing his balance... the entire time I'm just shouting "Go down river 100 yards and the hill might not be as steep there you fucking ninny."

rocket made some mention of "not ruling out" the possibility of romance playing a role in some game mechanics...

It might go like this?

In Electro, at the ol' firehouse

this Zed, she was wearing no blouse!

since I was so lonely

I asked her, if only

I died too, would she be my spouse?

dayz is its own thing. no need for comparisons (especially to generic tv shows).

Like the scene where Daryl is injured in the river and trying to climb the steep hill back out to safety. Risking his life on a sheer hill face' date=' climbing with an injury, clinging to unstable branches, nearly passing out from exhaustion and pain, slipping and losing his balance... the entire time I'm just shouting "Go down river 100 yards and the hill might not be as steep there you fucking ninny."

[/quote']

Didn't Daryl post on the forums explaining that bug ?