Sign in to follow this  
blunce

Have Door Resets Been Implemented?

Hi all,

Rocket stated in the Rezzed presentation that eventually, the game will reset the doors of houses in quadrants, so that you can't tell whether a house has been looted or not. So the idea is that even though doors appear to be closed, the building may have still been looted.

Me, recently, I've been experiencing the reverse scenario; I've come across a handful of houses lately with all doors open, that seem to have been untouched. I typically find plenty of stuff inside. Anything ranging from multiple food items to an M4 & mags.

I wouldn't say that this has been happening more often than not, as most houses with open doors that I come across have been whiped clean. But again, I've just experienced the former a lot more lately.

So as the title states, I'm curious if this feature has been implemented yet. & if so, is that how it's suppose to work? The server will not only close the doors to some houses, but will open the doors to some as well regardless of whether the building has been looted or not?

Could be shear coincidence, or I could being giving myself a placebo effect after watching the Rezzed presentation.

Any feedback is appreciated

Thanks in advance

• Like 1

Hi all,

Rocket stated in the Rezzed presentation that eventually, the game will reset the doors of houses in quadrants, so that you can't tell whether a house has been looted or not. So the idea is that even though doors appear to be closed, the building may have still been looted.

Me, recently, I've been experiencing the reverse scenario; I've come across a handful of houses lately with all doors open, that seem to have been untouched. I typically find plenty of stuff inside. Anything ranging from multiple food items to an M4 & mags.

I wouldn't say that this has been happening more often than not, as most houses with open doors that I come across have been whiped clean. But again, I've just experienced the former a lot more lately.

So as the title states, I'm curious if this feature has been implemented yet. & if so, is that how it's suppose to work? The server will not only close the doors to some houses, but will open the doors to some as well regardless of whether the building has been looted or not?

Could be shear coincidence, or I could being giving myself a placebo effect after watching the Rezzed presentation.

Any feedback is appreciated

Thanks in advance

You are probably going right behind me.. Im searching for some damn binoculars and really need nothing else. So it all goes untouched but I leave doors open and loot as fast as I can. I swear 3.5 hours in and still no Bino's to be found for me :(

All jokes aside, if you ever see this.. its a sign. There is a well looted player traveling ahead of you.. skip ahead if you like KOS or PvP and cut him off down the road. I do it a lot. When people leave signs of where they have been and also show me what they DONT need.. its a lot easier to track them down. Shut your doors people. :)

Edited by lrish

No idea.

As an aside, does anyone else purposefully close all the doors on buildings which you've already looted? Always wanted to know if more people did this.

No idea.

As an aside, does anyone else purposefully close all the doors on buildings which you've already looted? Always wanted to know if more people did this.

Yes.. always when at an airfield or high PvP area. Because I use open doors to track people and to see what they may be carrying on them by what they have left behind. Its highly effective if you know the map well, and I always try to "cover my tracks" when its important. Other more rare times I leave things open on purpose to draw people into a trap.. 

Edited by lrish
  • Like 1

I don't like to idea of re-setting doors.  Why?  Do doors magically close by themselves?  If a door is open, it should stay open until someone comes by and closes it.  There are so few mechanics in the game right now that every decision you make feels super important...including whether you leave a door open or closed.

I don't like to idea of re-setting doors.  Why?  Do doors magically close by themselves?  If a door is open, it should stay open until someone comes by and closes it.  There are so few mechanics in the game right now that every decision you make feels super important...including whether you leave a door open or closed.

It would be better if door states were persistent, but they're not.

A randomized open/close state like they plan on implementing is a good middle ground.

Oh for sure, I'm not saying right now.  At this point, whatever BI needs to do for development is fine, I'm just saying in the final build door states ought to be persistent.  Although, in a freshly rebooted server, in the final build (or now, if it's not too much trouble...;)) should have randomized door states.  In the zombie apocalypse, I don't think everyone will be so careful to lock up when fleeing their homes.

Spot on.. but for that sake, how is loot just going to reappear? I dont think doors should ever be affected, but they should start out on server restart in a random position so there is no way to tell if someone has been here or there.. etc.

No, the door change quadrant has not been implemented yet. That's in the Loot Respawn update, so I think that update is in late May or Q2.

Edited by DJ SGTHornet

I swear 3.5 hours in and still no Bino's to be found for me :(

Really? I've already come across 2 pristine pairs. One I found in the trunk of a cop car at the Elektro police station, & the other in one of the storage units in Cherno

Maybe I've been extremely fortunate :D

EDIT: also, thanks for the replies everyone

Edited by blunce