Sign in to follow this  
AngelOfDeath (DayZ)

Session Lost

I have an issue where i get kicked "Session Lost" then a message that says "Files dta\bin.pbo etc...are not signed by a key accepted by this server. To play on this server, remove listed files or install additional accepted keys.

I played for about 15min last night no issues, now I get on this morning and I have this problem?

Anyone know how to solve this. I have not messed with anyfiles what so ever. Not sure why I have this message.

Thanks

Please verify your Integrity of the game by rightclicking the game in the Steamlibrary -> Properties -> Local Files -> Verify Integrity.

• Like 1

Please verify your Integrity of the game by rightclicking the game in the Steamlibrary -> Properties -> Local Files -> Verify Integrity.

Hey,

I did that, and it was a no go. Still the same message. I am now deleting the game and reinstalling. Hopefully that will work. If not, I am not sure what to do.

I've been having the same problem for a week before the patch and the patch didn't fix it either.  Perhaps I should try a re-install.

Well shoot.  Reinstall worked for exactly one session and ofc I was lazy and testing and didn't have my usb headphones plugged in so I restarted the game so they would work and now it is back to session lost.  Were you able to play multiple sessions?

Well shoot.  Reinstall worked for exactly one session and ofc I was lazy and testing and didn't have my usb headphones plugged in so I restarted the game so they would work and now it is back to session lost.  Were you able to play multiple sessions?

Yes until today, and then it happened again. I just joined a server immediately afterwards and I was able to get in. Must be server side.

Any fix for this ive just got it and its really bugging me:(

• Like 1

This recently became an issue for me as well - out of nowhere really.  I have had decent luck at getting DayZ to run, and have only standard desync issues that everyone has occasionally.  Now, every server I join - full, empty, west coast, central, east coast - they all give me "Session Lost" and return me to the server browser 2-3 minutes after loading in.  No changes were made to my system or settings before this started happening to me.

Things I have done:

• Verified the integrity of my steam files (3 times, trying to run the game and join servers after each time).
  • Deleted all local content and reinstalled the game.  Tried several different servers in different regions of the US, both empty and full.  Different providers as well.
  • Made sure graphics, sound drivers are up to date.
  • Ran multiple tracert and 3dtracert to west coast, east coast, and chicago servers.  No packet loss, stable ping, standard numbers of hops.
  • I have tried deleting my C:\Users\Name\My Documents\DayZ\ Config and settings files.  They are recreated after I launch the game, but even with new files (and losing keybinds and graphics settings) I am still stuck with Session Lost.
  • Waited 7+ hours to give any passing issues a chance to resolve if by chance it was server side.

Things I have noticed:

• My client is communicating with the servers - I can load in, view my inventory, and stay connected to a server for about 3 minutes.  During that time the game acts as if I'm desynced.  However, I have none going on.  If I drop an item on the floor, nothing seems to happen immediately until I get kicked from "session lost".  If I log back in, I find that the item is indeed on the floor and out of my inventory.  Same for opening/closing doors.  Same as well for running any place.  If I run to another location, lose my session and log back in, I load in to the place where I ended up, rather than rubber banding back to my original location.
  • I can see other players in the server in player list.  So I am also getting that information from the servers.
  • Weather comes and goes normally during the 3 minute window I am on before lost session.
  • The game seems to function completely normally, my client is just unable to maintain stable communication with any server and I know it's not the internet connection.

I definitely understand this game is alpha - I'm just confused how this came about since no updates were posted, I was able to play successfully for over an hour after maintenance, and I made no changes to my system or settings and up to this point I've been able to play with no lasting issues.  If anyone has any fixes I could try that I did not already, I'd appreciate some input.

Edited by Blackridge