Sign in to follow this  
TranquilityEden

Why is everyone an A$$hole when playing dayz?

I have been playing Dayz for two weeks now and really enjoy the exploration and survival aspects of the game. In this time i have died about 10-15 times. Only 3 of those were due to zombies.... The others are experienced players fully kitted out, why are they shooting and killing new players on sight? It can't be for looting me as I often don't even have a shirt (having made it into rags). I can only assume that normal people become homicidal A$$holes as soon as the game loads.

I have heard people saying that non PVP servers shouldn't be allowed but why the hell not? To be honest i am getting fed up of the game. Why spend 3 hours to finally get some half decent kit when some a$$hole is gonna take it all just because they are better kitted out.

No one speaks to me, they don't even show themselves most of the time and often wait till I'm being attacked by zombies before shooting me. It's ruining the experience for me. Am I the only one who doesn't shoot humans on sight?

I understand some enjoy PVP but not everyone. Why not have some servers where it is banned?

The game has little to no content in terms of "longevity". 

Once elements such as

* Vehicles 

* Building

* Disease system 

are implemented into the game, people will prioritize on other goals, but atm there really is little for bandits to do other than shooting new spawns and fighting geared players around the new spawn towns.

For example : atm Berezino

Personally, I like to take hostages and rp a bit. But if I see fully geared players, it's simply "KOS".

Edited by Sobieski12
  • Like 1

I kill fresh spawns that come near me because fresh spawns are assholes with nothing to lose.

• Like 1

you're just obviously clueless to the fact that it takes about 1 -2 hours to become fully geared. Its not hard. Go play Zombie Simulator 3000 if all you want to do is survive and hide.

• Like 1

I kill fresh spawns that come near me because fresh spawns are assholes with nothing to lose.

It just ruins the game for me. Yesterday after god knows how much running i made it to the big airfield on what was called a "friendly server". I make it half way across the runway, miles from anything or anyone and bang I am dead. grrrrr

you're just obviously clueless to the fact that it takes about 1 -2 hours to become fully geared. Its not hard. Go play Zombie Simulator 3000 if all you want to do is survive and hide.

Screw you! This game is called DayZ you sod! Not Day-hunt-a-fucking-human! You moron

Edited by orlok
dont insult other members
  • Like 2

It just ruins the game for me. Yesterday after god knows how much running i made it to the big airfield on what was called a "friendly server". I make it half way across the runway, miles from anything or anyone and bang I am dead. grrrrr

If you went to the airfield, not expecting to get shot in the face, perhaps DayZ isn't the game for you.

• Like 1

When you get a gun, loads of ammo and a clear shot on someone after dying all that time you'll understand.

What you're talking about is typical DayZ, geared players are not necessarily experienced, you see, some of those geared newbies would shoot a freaking tree if it made noise, of course, everyone in the game has been a newcomer, you should join a group, that'll help you A LOT with player interaction, game knowledge and general skill, that's the way I did it.

Eventually you'll be able to kill an entire 8-10 man armed group by yourself (just like I did when my group was killed), and damn it'll feel good.

1 more tip: The M4A1 should be your most personal friend in this game.

• Like 1

When you get a gun, loads of ammo and a clear shot on someone after dying all that time you'll understand.

What you're talking about is typical DayZ, geared players are not necessarily experienced, you see, some of those geared newbies would shoot a freaking tree if it made noise, of course, everyone in the game has been a newcomer, you should join a group, that'll help you A LOT with player interaction, game knowledge and general skill, that's the way I did it.

Eventually you'll be able to kill an entire 8-10 man armed group by yourself (just like I did when my group was killed), and damn it'll feel good.

1 more tip: The M4A1 should be your most personal friend in this game.

Only had a m4a1 once.. Guess what happened... Before I even found any ammo!

If you went to the airfield, not expecting to get shot in the face, perhaps DayZ isn't the game for you.

exactly

Only had a m4a1 once.. Guess what happened... Before I even found any ammo!

you seem to be not that conversant with this game. after a while you will know where you get all you need very quik and safe. after that, you can defense yourself better. if i am on my plan, it takes 1-2 hours for me to be fully geared, enough food, ammo, healthy etc.

thats what the game is, you want to make some rp? keep away from any airstrip/berenzino.

you want to have some fight action? go to this places above.

Edited by newguyzombie
  • Like 1

you seem to be not that conversant with this game. after a while you will know where you get all you need very quik and safe. after that, you can defense yourself better. if i am on my plan, it takes 1-2 hours for me to be fully geared, enough food, ammo, healthy etc.

I am new to the game, looks like i need to learn lots, which I am happy to do, just wish I was given a chance to do so without re spawning all the time :(

Because lack of features

People get bored = kos for the lulz

Simply as that and I can't see this getting improved with time sadly, development too slow

• Like 1

I am new to the game, looks like i need to learn lots, which I am happy to do, just wish I was given a chance to do so without re spawning all the time :(

Don't expect mercy at a military base.

try to find a small group, to check the world. more enjoyable and much safer than beeing a lone wolf

Because lack of features

People get bored = kos for the lulz

Simply as that and I can't see this getting improved with time sadly, development too slow

hm idk if its so :) almost if cars and housing are implemented, these things would just improve my ability for gunfights in big cities :)

I get your points guys,

I just don't understand why the devs don't allow a few servers to be non PVP. All you homicidal nutters can play on the regular servers and leave us to learn the game on a non PVP server.

Edited by TranquilityEden

I have been playing Dayz for two weeks now and really enjoy the exploration and survival aspects of the game. In this time i have died about 10-15 times. Only 3 of those were due to zombies.... The others are experienced players fully kitted out, why are they shooting and killing new players on sight? It can't be for looting me as I often don't even have a shirt (having made it into rags). I can only assume that normal people become homicidal A$$holes as soon as the game loads.

I have heard people saying that non PVP servers shouldn't be allowed but why the hell not? To be honest i am getting fed up of the game. Why spend 3 hours to finally get some half decent kit when some a$$hole is gonna take it all just because they are better kitted out.

No one speaks to me, they don't even show themselves most of the time and often wait till I'm being attacked by zombies before shooting me. It's ruining the experience for me. Am I the only one who doesn't shoot humans on sight?

I understand some enjoy PVP but not everyone. Why not have some servers where it is banned?

Because in real life people are arseholes and life's a bitch. Get used to it ;)

I get your points guys,

I just don't understand why the devs don't allow a few servers to be non PVP. All you homicidal nutters can play on the regular servers and leave us to learn the game on a non PVP server.

You mean PvE servers... lol

Yeah that never existed on the standalone, but it did exist on some private hives in the mod.

But people eventually got bored of the PvE servers because the zombies have never been a threat, it's always another player.

Edited by Sobieski12

Enlight me on your development experience ..thank you.

ohhh the game not Holding your Hand ? Other People shoot at you ? cry me a river and man up...geezzz...or Play something casual... ;)

Edited by {Core}BlackLabel

I have not killed anyone and i have 400+ hours to my name - died numerous times to KOS - I have never actually met anyone who is friendly so far. I never played the mod or arma and I knew from the start this was going to be PVP yet I didnt realise that the majority of people here are real nasty when it comes to helping others even on this forum you ask a simple question and you get KOS in the replies.

Honestly the humanity among the replies I see is horrible and at some point this game will fold and all the nasty comments will be lost in the archives.

As you can see from the replies in this thread no one wants to be friends.

For new players who are struggling this is a very unfair community and they wont help you even if you just want 1 can of beans. The only suggestion is to do the right thing and hope one day these people who are KOS and just here to make your lives miserable will suffer computer failures and wont come back until their mummies buy them new computers.

I came to the game because I saw the game as being a good place to meet people help each other and blah blah blah be nice but I have to agree with the OP that there are no nice geared people out there - killing fresh spawns is purely being a-holes and when admins get released from this current control situation we will be making servers for people to learn how to play so they can find enjoyment in the world the devs created but no one cares about.

When most people are running scared or looking through the LRS at a fresh spawn they miss out on all the devs gave us like sunsets - real world stars - textures that to the designers are a labour of love etc. All their hard work is meaningless if people dont get the chance to see it other than the black screen 90% of the time.

I am a  PVE player I avoid contact with people as best I can - I carry a crossbow and an fire axe to kill zombies efficiently - I collect food and medical supplies which I drop near spawn points or make up food caches along the coast - I dont kill others for fun so my life is nice but a lonely existence which suits me fine thank you !

• Like 1

I have not killed anyone and i have 400+ hours to my name - died numerous times to KOS - I have never actually met anyone who is friendly so far. I never played the mod or arma and I knew from the start this was going to be PVP yet I didnt realise that the majority of people here are real nasty when it comes to helping others even on this forum you ask a simple question and you get KOS in the replies.

Honestly the humanity among the replies I see is horrible and at some point this game will fold and all the nasty comments will be lost in the archives.

As you can see from the replies in this thread no one wants to be friends.

For new players who are struggling this is a very unfair community and they wont help you even if you just want 1 can of beans. The only suggestion is to do the right thing and hope one day these people who are KOS and just here to make your lives miserable will suffer computer failures and wont come back until their mummies buy them new computers.

I came to the game because I saw the game as being a good place to meet people help each other and blah blah blah be nice but I have to agree with the OP that there are no nice geared people out there - killing fresh spawns is purely being a-holes and when admins get released from this current control situation we will be making servers for people to learn how to play so they can find enjoyment in the world the devs created but no one cares about.

When most people are running scared or looking through the LRS at a fresh spawn they miss out on all the devs gave us like sunsets - real world stars - textures that to the designers are a labour of love etc. All their hard work is meaningless if people dont get the chance to see it other than the black screen 90% of the time.

I am a  PVE player I avoid contact with people as best I can - I carry a crossbow and an fire axe to kill zombies efficiently - I collect food and medical supplies which I drop near spawn points or make up food caches along the coast - I dont kill others for fun so my life is nice but a lonely existence which suits me fine thank you !

Really... 400 hours and you've never meet a friendly... 

It all depends how you approach people.

Here is an example of me meeting friendly randoms in stary...

I meet more People that are willing to cooperate on hardcore Servers. Only have been killed ONCE the last 3 days and that was *suprise* in electro. If i meet anyone else anywhere it was mostly short Chats and then we moved our respective ways....

cuz the majority are some 12yo's with too much time! no Moral, full of fear, paranoid sociopaths

I can postulate a reason.

In society groups of people that communicate cause information exchange and organization.

Organization among the peasants leads to learning and exchange of ideas, sometimes against some feudal system.

So making games with less and less chat, or circumstances where you don't chat with others, can create a limit on the abilty for society to learn or interact with each other.

The safest society for a ruling security state is everyone in a cell, not able to speak or be heard by anyone else.  It is a common method in prisons, and a trend in some gaming.  And training hostile actioins to others could keep the peasants fighting amongst themselves in work and other enviroments in life also, if the mentality transfers over to real life.

If a game wanted to solve that, where it was not where everyone was out to steal from everyone else,

The easiest way would be to lessen the one shot kill, or first strike as the way to win a battle, and make 'using ammo' a decision, make it expensive, so there is a cost reward to such attempts.

Such a game could create a lessing of the KOS pvp, but if that was the intent, I would be at the taverns right now.(long story)

RedgeZat

Although with the voice chat, that probably is not the intent, but if there is reward for asshat behavior, and punishment for civilized behavior, society can move that direction, including in a game.

Edited by RedgeZat