Sign in to follow this  
Izziee

I have ALOT of questions :p

Sorry but this is somethings that have been bugging me for a while now and I'm still none the wiser

1: I see on videos people talking all the time, but I have NEVER seen anyone say anything. I've seen a few people (some just run up to me and say nothing). What's the deal? I've usually played on EU servers but I've played on US ones also

I've tried selecting "Direct communication" with the > button then press / and type something (close to someone) and I've pressed caps lock and tried speaking in my mic (I see a little mic icon appear, this is correct is it not?)

2: Are there bots? I found what I can only assume to be a city and there were loads of people running around together. Some ran at me (I was miles away dunno how they saw me) and I kept trying to hide until they just seemed to home in on me. The first one who got close I axed to the face in panic (sorry) and he died, then another ran up to me, I axed him (I'm sure he saw me kill his friend so I paniced!) and he ran off and jumped in some water. Later I found some guy sneaking up on me so I axed him too but no one said anything

3: I broke my leg (seem to do this alot :() and I had found more in this play through than any other so I tried to continue abit, was trying to get up some stairs then suddenly I could run. Does the leg automatically repair itself after a while with no morphine?

4: I was running from some zombies and DESPERATELY needed a RL pee, so I aborted. When I came back, I had full blood (I was on like 11000 or something) Bug?

5: I found a bus, I crashed it though, or well, I was driving a long and then it wouldn't move, I think the wheel fell off. In my last play through I found a location with tons and tons of stuff, toolbox, wheels, scrap metal, tank trap?, wire, engine and transmission(I think) and a few other things I've forgot, so two parts to this Q i) Is it worth carrying this stuff around with you? Toolbox and knife I guess but the rest? ii) There were loads of broken cars but none seemed to have any options to fix, how do I fix them up?

6: as my playthroughs are getting longer I starve a lot. I don't run through the coast but into the woods, never finding a gun though, is there a tip to find some beans?

I had more, but I've forgot and this is already too long people won't read :(

I'm seriously wondering about the chat though. I've not heard a soul. Is there a special option to turn it on or something?

THANKS FOR ANY HELP!

1. They're anti-social or don't have mics.

2. People are pretty crazy.

3. No idea. Mine's never fixed itself.

4. Not really a bug, but sometimes while going to another server you will be refilled of all your stats. Food, Water, and Blood.

5. I only take broken pieces if I know I am about to find a vehicle they fit with. Generally, probably not good to waste the space unless you use it.

6. "Look in houses" is the only real advice you can be given. It spawns in the random loot piles.

Most people don't seem to know how to use in game chat, or just dont. we do, and if you see the mic, it should be broadcasting about 80m away. text chat is only 20m.

Grocery stores have good food/water with guns, but are hot spots so choose a town that is not cherno/elek and you should be alright.

Thanks for the quick replies!

Strange thing, I just heard some russians in the lobby, this was the first time ever, but I asked if they could hear me and they ignored me, my little mic showed up so I don't know if its working or not :(

Oh, I just remembered:

I was searching around this place, and I found a ton of stuff, and I kept looking and found different stuff in areas I'm sure I had already checked. Does stuff spawn? Despawn? Is it random items and they can just appear

Also, sometimes I hear flies, I can't find any bodies though, do flies ALWAYS mean theres a body there or could it have despawned?

Lastly, I sometimes hear a single fly, high pitched, as though its following me, what does this mean?

Things can despawn.

There's currently a bug with dead bodies disappearing, but their flies not.

If there's a brief buzz, that's just ambient flies.

Ambience.

Depending on what your goals are the best things to come by are a water bottle, axe, box of matches and an axe. With thoes 3 things you can probably never, ever die again with a small amount of luck. Granted you will not really be playing the game at that point lol.

As far as food goes if you have the ammo find a town in the middle of nowhere, hope people dont show up and kill some zombies. Either I'm lucky or people dont give zombies enough credit as a quickfix to food/pop at the cost of a few rounds of ammo. Again, its a quick fix since ammo does run out. But it may get you through till you find a box of matches.

If you have a hunting knife, then you can just live off of the animals outside of town for food. You'll need a a fire to cook though, which the axe and box of matches will help with.

The only real reason to go to a town is for guns/ammo/medical supplies.

DOn't think there are any BOTS in the game, I could be wrong but their AI would have to be pretty dam good if their where. If people ran directly towars you they likly saw you (some servers alow you to see a players name by puting your cross hair over them) or it was coinsidence. Either way I imagine it would be kinda creepy lol. Best to shoot anyone who runs toward you without saying anything.

Not all the cars can be repaired. Most cars are obliterated beyond repair (by the atomic bomb explosion that never happened), some cars tho are repairable, you will notice when you find one.

It is unlikely you have found one yet, since its kind of rare to find one (not ultra-rare, just rare).

I just skype all the people I talk to in the game and never talk in direct unless we see someone to tell them to run. Also, a lot is two words.

The reason I asked about bots was for 3 reasons

1: about 5 guys were running standing up like weirdos along a road in the city being chased by zombies running in a strange pattern

2: Before I joined the server, there were slots taken by "AI" names

3: The first one to run up to me seemed to get stuck on fencing, ran into a house and ran "at me" through the window (he didnt pass through it, just kept running into the glass)