Hetstaine

SSD smashing the fps in cities

I've got 8gb on my laptop, not sure if I want to lose 4gb of RAM. I am looking at a new rig next year but it would be nice to clean up my bloated system in the meantime.

You need 6 gb for ramdisk.

I was always led to believe SSD just improved loading times... have I been lied to?

Yes and no. It doesn't increase fps per se but can smoothen out some of the issues like when you look away and zoom in.

Finally purchased an ssd, 

I have not even trimmed windows down yet or applied any cfg or launch settings to look for any more frames yet.

Happy times for under 160 bucks :)

I'm betting not many could go back to HDD's once they've tasted SSD speeds ;)

I don't remember if you have to manually disable defrag in W7 but should be disabled by default. Either way you can set it to ''maintenance''  every second day to get rid of junk that the SSD doesn't need to store any longer ( temp files and stuff )

Feel free to use CCleaner to get rid of error reports and other junk too as the windows one doesn't clean as deep as ccleaner.

If suits, right click on recycle bin, properties and select ''don't move files to recycle bin and remove them immediately'' option but you might want to keep the ''display confirmation dialog''

Windows 8 allow to revert to factory like settings without the need to have any ''Restore Points'' so it can be disabled as well but just throwing it out there as an another option to de-activate another unnecessary thing that takes up the precious space.

mQ8D93D.jpg?1         pUrFO7S.jpg?1

Seriously?? WHY can't we upload pictures directly from HDD??! SIGH

Edited by Colonel-Wicked

I'm curious Het, why 32 bit? I'm currently running a 64 bit system and want to do a clean install, but my recovery disk is long gone. I have a copy of Win 7 32 bit that was given to me a few years ago. What if anything would I lose going from 64 bit to a 32 bit os?

Back when i got win 7 i opted for the cheap option, idiot, hopefully 64, mobo and new processor soonish :)

Seriously?? WHY can't we upload pictures directly from HDD??! SIGH

Yes..it is quite painful :)