Sign in to follow this  
gianni001

In game video settings what do you use?

Hi all,

Very much trying to get this game to appeal to me more and more but one road block I keep hitting is the horrendous FPS in towns, some people tell me you just cant fix it so im reaching out, can you?

My PC specs are

i74930k @ 3.5

GTX780

16 gig ram

SSD

Asrock Mobo with liquid cooling

As far as I know, thats a pretty beastly PC yet on max graphics Id be doing well to pull 25 - 30 fps in large towns?

I run everything on Max / Ultra except for bloom, and PPA (the one that makes your shit blury?) I have also done all the fps 'tweaks' in the game files as listed in some threads I searched for.

The only way I get more frames is to drop objects down to low, but it fundamentally pisses me off that I have to do that.

Any advice, or is it just 'dayz' at the moment 

Don't put objects on anything below normal.

The game doesn't have proper occlusion yet so thats your problem, your pc is fine.

• Like 1

As high as I can.

Minimum.

By turning objects up, it increases the loot view distance, the view distance in general, and how far you can see people.

Don't put objects on anything below normal.

The game doesn't have proper occlusion yet so thats your problem, your pc is fine.

Whats occulasion? and why nothing below normal? (im assuming your going to tell me the same thing as shadows, makes it render of your GPU not CPU or something to that effect?)

With the computer in my signature I'm still getting 25-40 FPS in towns. We're doomed until they fix it. (;

Shit I wish i got 25-30 frames in town.  Most people I play with get about 10-20.

Edited by Bororm
  • Like 1

Shit I wish i got 25-30 frames in town.  Most people I play with get about 10-20.

My 955BE / r9 270 system doesn't really go below 20fps, which strangely enough is where my friends 2500k and 760gtx SLI system bottoms out, too.

Can't wait till they get the framerates sorted, well... IF they get the framerates sorted.

With the computer in my signature I'm still getting 25-40 FPS in towns. We're doomed until they fix it. (;

Alot of fancy stuff in your sig I dont get but it sounds expensive like alot of my stuff (i wish I knew more about computers, I just tell the guy 'give me the best shit') :P

I watched a road map thing of dean hall, does any of the stuff he mention in that pertain to increasing FPS? I couldnt care less for anything right now other than more frames..

Edited by gianni001

Whats occulasion? and why nothing below normal? (im assuming your going to tell me the same thing as shadows, makes it render of your GPU not CPU or something to that effect?)

When you look into a town, everything is rendered rather than only what is needed. This includes every building, interior, and piece of loot. The game also runs on directx 9.

It is true that Arma 2.5 is a CPU intensive game but you really need to read what devs (namely rocket) posts on the matter if you want the technical details. It is going to be worked on. I recommend reading the DayZ reddit wiki.

If you turn objects lower than normal you are not going to be able to see people. :D

I get about 25-30 frames in most towns and like 80 everywhere else, turning off and on high anti-aliasing has no effect on it so I know its not a GPU limitation. I have a Core i5 750 overclocked to 3.2 gHz just for this game.

Edited by teapot

I have an alienware M18X, with an nvidia 660, and I have mostly everything on low/off, except a few things.  I find putting clouds up a notch or two makes the world look nicer, and I find playing on low detail levels reminds me of playing games on my old 486.

I sacrifice FPS for slightly better gfx, but I find we sacrifice a lot for little gain here.

Why not? ;)

People wont render past 600m or so it might be lower .