gibonez

Thread in defense of banditry

Whats wrong with CS/BF/COD or the ArmA series itself for that purpose?

You might not like people who murder willy-nilly, I rarely murder people for no reason in this game and tend to look down on people who grief, but I don't like the idea of telling them to get out of DayZ. Even though it's taken to a ridiculous degree in this game, there would be people who choose to kill indiscriminately if law and order fell apart.

Whats wrong with CS/BF/COD or the ArmA series itself for that purpose?

I love fortuite pvp in this game, but I have this strong feeling that those like you who enter a game like this just to KoS people do it because it's the only way they can actually kill something, like an unarmed new spawn or someone unaware minding her own bussines. Because when it comes to equal chances and the hunter is also the prey, things go that well right? well, If you suck at fps pvp learn, dont go the easy way dude xD

This.

they are just KOS kiddies who watched to many frankie video's

Banditry is a general term applied to players that snipe the coast, grief others, and will kill anything they see.

KOS is a term that was applied to players that look for firefights, not survival sim/interaction/etc..

It really does not matter if you mix up that terminology. Only a KOS player would get upset, and any KOS player needs a good rustle every now and then. It helps fuel our fire to go out and kill some more. Its like caring when someone says mag over clip. Who cares? Jesus still loves you if mix it up, so I think I can deal with it too.  :lol:

No, it isn't. You're talking about the way people misuse the term bandit, not what a bandit is.

If I don't have anything to gain by killing or robbing you, I don't risk it because I'm a bandit, I'm using a valid, but slightly morally bankrupt method to prolong the life of my character.

A sniper sitting above electro shooting newspawns is not a bandit, he's neither gaining anything or improving his chances of survival: In fact, he's reducing them since real bandits are likely to come along and take his sniper rifle away, since he's discharging it haphazardly. 

Being a Bandit is playing DayZ a certain way, KoS is *griefing* DayZ.

People need to learn the difference, It could save your life if I ever need your fireaxe or can opener.

Edited by TheScruffyBandit
  • Like 2

This.

they are just KOS kiddies who watched to many frankie video's

Where does this line of though come from ?

What makes you think we are children ? I find it is usually the younger players who wish to join others and group up.

I can assure you I am far from a kiddie and I enjoy shooting people for no apparent reason.

KoS and banditry is much different.

If you loot my body, that's fine. Good for you. 

If you're just shooting people cause lulz...well...I don't like you..but I suppose there's not a lot to do once geared.

If you're shooting people because you've died before and you're too much of a baby to deal with it...well you may be playing the wrong game.

• Like 2

Didn't you make this thread the other day?

Get head shots and you don't have to worry about it. Also it will be balanced later on, the fact that some stuff doesn't get ruined shows that they are at least attempting that.

Where does this line of though come from ?

What makes you think we are children ? I find it is usually the younger players who wish to join others and group up.

I can assure you I am far from a kiddie and I enjoy shooting people for no apparent reason.

It's childish.

how exactly is it childish ?

Because you're ruining everybodys' day for lulz.

C'mon, at least loot us.

Or get creative and actually rob someone. (You get better gear.)

You're not even a bandit. You disgrace the name of banditry.

Edited by Geckofrog7
  • Like 3

It's quite terrible for me at the moment.

1 shotgun blast to the chest of an enemy , ruins everything including every piece of clothing and item within the clothing.

We need a detailed system where clothing items do not absorb any damage but the bullets hit location determines what item gets damaged.

heart shot hits so the item that is in your shirt in the top right corner gets damaged.

I had the same thing a few times. What they need to do is have random slots take a "hit". If you shoot a player in the chest with 7.62, you hit his chest rig and shirt. a random slot in those items should then be ruined (maybe two-three in a cluster) and the chest rig and shirt damaged (1 hole, who cares, but the blood definitely does damage). With a shotgun, chest rig and shirt are riddled and thus ruined, but not every single item should be hit. 3-4 random slots (seperated, not a cluster like 7.62) should be ruined.

C'mon, at least loot us.

I don't do it for the lulz.

I do it because I find fun and enjoyment out of making people start from scratch.

how exactly is it childish ?

C'mon, at least loot us.

There is no point in shooting someone for no reason.  especially if you are geared. There is no reason. Its like openly admitting you are terrible at the game and only get joy out of killing undergeared or unsuspecting players. Come play with the big boys in NWAF with all your gear and "skills" 

• Like 2

I do it because I find fun and enjoyment out of making people start from scratch.

Um....

That's like the exact definition of lulz.

It could be in the oxford dictionary.

Edited by Geckofrog7

Again, childish.

its ok hon, you are not alone in this sort of greifing childish behavior. There are millions of full grown children out there in multitudes of games who find griefing fun to. It is a valuable part of the game. It is just unfortunate that there are so many kos kids in this game when the game was meant to be abou zombies and survival. Not a grief mod of COD

Edited by Shaeg

Nothing wrong with banditry. but annoying that 95% of players you run into will just try to kos. I've met less then 5 people in 120 hours that were not like this. At least make it interesting, a robbery or something.

Yeah I try to just shoot players with guns - yesterday we made it interesting though - a new spawn was chasing me and accusing me of stealing his mosin from his last character (I had an SKS, so obviously false) - I shot him in the leg because I don't take lightly to accusations, bandaged him and left him in the woods - Then I tell my buddy where he is over teamspeak - My buddy finds him in the woods ten minutes later still crawling around - The broken leg guy has a friend with him that's trying to heal him.  His friend pulls out a pistol and tries to kill my friend.  My friend kills pistol guy.  Then he handcuffs broken leg guy, takes his clothes and force feeds and drinks him - and leaves him in the woods.

Is that interesting enough? 

• Like 1

Again, childish.

its ok hon, you are not alone in this sort of greifing childish behavior. There are millions of full grown children out there in multitudes of games who find griefing fun to. It is a valuable part of the game. It is just unfortunate that there are so many kos kids in this game when the game was meant to be abou zombies and survival. Not a grief mod of COD

Cmon man pvp has always been and will be the main attraction in Dayz.

Zombies were an after thought and a cheap gimmick, survival is absolutely atrocious at the moment and when fully fleshed out will still take a backseat to pvp.

People buy dayz because of the pvp not the zombies.

The good arma 2 pvp is the only reason dayz mod took off and became such a big hit. For many it was the first time they ever played a large world pvp game with "realistic" guns and ballistics they were hooked on this new experience.

• Like 1

Zombies were an after thought and a cheap gimmick, survival is absolutely atrocious at the moment and when fully fleshed out will still take a backseat to pvp.

The good arma 2 pvp is the only reason dayz mod took off and became such a big hit. For many it was the first time they ever played a large world pvp game with "realistic" guns and ballistics they were hooked on this new experience.

Wait...so why clog the Operation Arrowhead servers with the mod if the whole point of the game is to shoot each other?

Why not just play Wasteland, or vanilla ARMA?

Why is DayZ SA so popular if the point is to shoot each other? Surely there's other games with better combat.

Edited by Geckofrog7
  • Like 2

If you like beating up little kids, Have fun on the coast. If you like to fight people your own age. Play with us at the airfield.

There is a name for people who enjoy hurting others or seeing them suffer or enjoy griefing others,

Schadenfreude: is pleasure derived from the misfortunes of others. it is a German word.

Other cultures call them a Sadist. Usually the scum of society.

• Like 1

Wait...so why clog the Operation Arrowhead servers with the mod if the whole point of the game is to shoot each other?

Why is DayZ SA so popular if the point is to shoot each other? Surely there's other games with better combat.

Perma death + the mil sim aspects made the pvp more meaningful and thus more fun.

People loved the feeling they got when they saw another player, their heart racing, the fear of dying and losing all progress.

You don't get that from vanilla arma or wasteland.

Because in dayz not everyone is equally geared and people like this are usually terrible at FPS so they need the advantage to gank and grief fresh spawns/new players

You don't get that from vanilla arma or wasteland.

Wasteland is almost exactly DayZ just without zombies or any player-player cooperation.

You still have to gear up.

You still have perma death.

What's the difference to you?

Also, you have perma death in vanilla ARMA, as well as gearing up, depending on the type of weapons you need.

Edited by Geckofrog7
  • Like 1

Wasteland is almost exactly DayZ just without zombies or any player-player cooperation.

You still have to gear up.

You still have perma death.

What's the difference to you?

Also, you have perma death in vanilla ARMA, as well as gearing up, depending on the type of weapons you need.

There is no real struggle to get gear in wasteland, plus you have a team that helps you.

Tjhere are vehicles everywhere also.

Getting geared up and surviving in dayz is a pretty challenging thing at times and quite satisfying, this adds tension to the pvp and its why it is so popular.

In wasteland within 2 seconds of spawning you find a car, get a weapon and are on your way to your favorite pvp spot.

Meanwhile in dayz you have quite a bit to do before you reach that level.

In this thread we discuss the defense of a very valid playstyle and the bad game mechanics that the developers add that cater to care bears and that punish our playstyle.

Game mechanics that artificially try to change our playstyle but ultimately fail.

So go forth fellow bandits and display your distaste for crappy game mechanics that punish our playstyle such as items becoming completely damaged and useless when killing players.

And the countless other gamey mechanics that are in the game now or will be added in the future.

you already state the only reason why it does not need defending.

"In this thread we discuss the defense of a very valid playstyle"

it is valid and needs no explanation. New players coming in should really find out about this game if they complain about legitimate systems that are in place that allow sandbox style RP.