[Outcasts]Massacre

Soooo about Hardcore

Hardcore is awesome... better imersion

I just built a head tracker, when I finish getting it calibrated and working properly its going to be insane. I was dorking around in arma 3 with it its crazy fun.

I hope they won't add in more "hardcore" features. My main reasoin to play HC is that 3rd person feels very awkward to me and I generally prefer to play in 1st person. I think most people play it for this reason actually.

On the other hand... while I'd hate to see bullets doing double damage on hardcore servers, a more challenging survival experience (harsher environment, sickness, etc) may be interesting.

Right now everything seems easy to do... But also not much is fully in play yet.. I believe at some point we are going to be running around with a extra pair of shoes because they are suppose to wear out heh...

I dont think they will ever get to deciding how difficult to make something til all the kinks gets worked out in beta..

I just built a head tracker, when I finish getting it calibrated and working properly its going to be insane. I was dorking around in arma 3 with it its crazy fun.

a head tracker?

are you talking about using hacks?

a head tracker?

are you talking about using hacks?

:facepalm:

No he is talking about something similar to TrackIR :)

• Like 1

I have been playing the game now for around 3 weeks, on the first couple of days i was trying to get used to controls and my trackir in game before i tried the hardcore server. As soon as i felt ok with the way i set up, i went into a random hardcore server and all i can say is that i crapped myself the first few times getting attacked by zombies lol and it is very hard to spot them, not so hard other people but i think thats to do with the fact that zombies can see through walls? maybe. You can make great vids to watch on youtube in 3rd person but the challenge is just not there tbh. 

I love my track IR, I won't play without it.

I love my track IR, I won't play without it.

I almost bought one. After trying it for 2 days, I could not get used to it. When I wanted to turn head ingame, I often looked too much to the side, so basicaly outside of the monitor. I felt like a dumbass O_o.

That, and the fact that it costs almost 200 EUR in here, made me rethink.

Edited by Hombre

I almost bought one. After trying it for 2 days, I could not get used to it. When I wanted to turn head ingame, I often looked too much to the side, so basicaly outside of the monitor. I felt like a dumbass O_o.

That, and the fact that it costs almost 200 EUR in here, made me rethink.

You can build one for less than $30 AUD and it sounds like you didn't calibrate it properly. You can make it so you turn your head less than 15 degrees and you are looking over shoulder.  

Please. 2/3rds of my fun in Standalone is checking out my sweet outfit from multiple angles as I run.

Please. 2/3rds of my fun in Standalone is checking out my sweet outfit from multiple angles as I run.

Then play regular you dirty peasent :D

You can build one for less than $30 AUD and it sounds like you didn't calibrate it properly. You can make it so you turn your head less than 15 degrees and you are looking over shoulder.  

I'm not saying I set it up correctly, just that it felt weird.

Anyway I can't get one for 30 AUD, that I am sure of, not in Czech republic anyway.

The stuff that's imported from US is often almost 50% more expensives due to taxes.

And not sure what you mean by building one? Something MacGyver style?

I just switched from regular to hardcore and I have to say...

This was the most exciting, heart pounding, DayZ session ive played to date, and I got close to 200 hours in standalone.

The no 3th person view really enhanced the paranoia and makes the game a lot tenser.

Whats your motivation to play on hardcore?

Ye. Hardcore is definitely the better game.

It does not favour the silly camping style of lamers who sit somewhere, 3rd person lurking over walls (or even through them), while the one that is moving and playing dynamically is at a huge disadvantage. When I watch the 3rd person camera-expoiting videos, I just leave it. I go by the thinking of: if you want to see, expose your head. If not, stay in cover, but also do not see me. 

The narrowness of your field of vision makes me use the spin head option, which can lead to really tense moments when you actually spot something by turning your head, but you turn on and then you spin back and try to find it again. It's almost like in reality when you brain realizes something a moment too slowly. And then it is gone. And you go: "Damn... what did I see? Is something there?"

I also think that there is less mindless KOS and generally less idiots on Hardcore servers. I have had better non-violent interaction on hardcore servers and less KOS.

Last but not least, my frames are better in 1st person.

Edited by cuddly_rabbit

Despite having a fully equipped character in normal mode and just loving the ability to see yourself I only play Hardcore by now. No looking over walls, no wall glitchers. Much more fun overall.

It could be even more hardcore for me. Like server persistent equipment so you cannot server hop and things like that.

Hardcore ftw - will be even more awesome if they do add in stances a la Arma 3. 

HC + TrackIR = win!

The only thing that bugs me about hardcore is that I can't look at myself while on those long journeys. For the rest I think HC is a huge improvement over regular. It soothes me that players can't look at me without me being able to see them.

Key part on hardcore is like others have said, if you can see me I want to be able to shoot you.  Where your eyes see you should be able to shoot and be shot simple as that.  Regular servers take away all the risk of scouting an area.  Going to go in a door, just look without ever exposing yourself to being shot.  I never understood that and the only reason I don't say get rid of it completely is because some people really get motion sickness from first person (I use to and still do on some games, DZ I can adjust it so it works for me in first person).

While I love the idea of Hardcore the main problem is that the view area is much more restricted than actual human sight and the times I have played on it I have been screwed over by zombies running through walls or buildings and hitting me before I knew they were there.

I will though play 100% hardcore once you make zombies into actual zombies instead of wall phasing ghosts.

• Like 1

I hate it. Its immersion breaking for me. The 1st person view is just clunky and un-realistic. Yeah so is 3rd person but I can at least play the game. Until they add arma 3's stance system 1st person will be undesirable to me.

just because it isn't GTA and you can not see your character all the time doesnt mean it is clunky and unrealistic. 3rd person is unrealistic because it is basically having a wallhack. Stop trollling, no one buys your shit here. If you want to see your toon all the time, go play GTA and Sim City or warcraft or whatever. DayZ was always about hardcore survival, not cheating pusymode 3pp. If people like you played at least 10 hours in hardcore they'd  realize that 3pp is clunkier than 1pp. I never switch to 3rd person even in regular servers, because it is just awkward and blocks actually my field of view in some situations. Also looting in 3pp is horrible.

Get your facts straight, baby.

Edited by MaxRain

MaxRain, on 05 May 2014 - 09:21 AM, said:

just because it isn't GTA and you can not see your character all the time doesnt mean it is clunky and unrealistic. 3rd person is unrealistic because it is basically having a wallhack. Stop trollling, no one buys your shit here. If you want to see your toon all the time, go play GTA and Sim City or warcraft or whatever. DayZ was always about hardcore survival, not cheating pusymode 3pp. If people like you played at least 10 hours in hardcore they'd  realize that 3pp is clunkier than 1pp. I never switch to 3rd person even in regular servers, because it is just awkward and blocks actually my field of view in some situations. Also looting in 3pp is horrible.

Get off your high horse TROLL. First person is much more limited than human vision and leaves you very vulnerable to zombies that can run straight through walls at you.

So stop your lying (yes I am calling you a liar) about how you never ever playing in third person.

Okay first of all. Stop trolling? I'm stating my opinion. Secondly, I don't play GTA/Simcity/warcraft. Thirdly, DayZ was always about hardcore survival, which is why zombies are magical and can run through walls and 1st person is like normal human vision but with two blinkers on your head giving you tunnel vision. I don't use 3rd person to play "pusymode" or wallhack. I use it because in 1st person I can only see things as if I am holding toilet roll tubes against my eyes. Its not amazing or hardcore to use 1st person mode over 3rd. Its common sense to use the less pain in the ass one. I can attach two angry crabs to my ballsack when I play and yell at you about how you don't and that makes you a pussy but it doesn't mean I'm right. 

Also get your facts straight? What facts did I quote?

I'm not saying I set it up correctly, just that it felt weird.

Anyway I can't get one for 30 AUD, that I am sure of, not in Czech republic anyway.

The stuff that's imported from US is often almost 50% more expensives due to taxes.

And not sure what you mean by building one? Something MacGyver style?

Here's the software http://www.free-track.net/english/ and there are about a million vids on youtube on how to make the head piece...

You are welcome lol

First person is much more limited than human vision and leaves you very vulnerable to zombies that can run straight through walls at you.

Thats just a crux you use to justify your position, 3rd person provides much much more vision than human vision and yet you decide to take the easy route. All you need to do is adjust your FOV to about halfway and it is brilliant and provides more than enough vision. 

Thats just a crux you use to justify your position, 3rd person provides much much more vision than human vision and yet you decide to take the easy route. All you need to do is adjust your FOV to about halfway and it is brilliant and provides more than enough vision. 

But it still sucks nothing stands out all that well earlier I got killed by a guy in a high rise like 3 times because I just couldn't make out what window he was at, if he moved then it would have been easy sure but in real life a person aiming at you through a broken window is pretty damn easy to see.

In DayZ however it is not.

It's not so much "hardcore" as it is limited and bullshit.

Adjusting your FOV just makes the perspective look broken everything seems freaking tiny.

I've long wished for a game where your vision got less and less detailed the further to the edge of your peripherals it got, you can't read a poster on the wall at the edge of your vision but you can see it's there.

In any FP game though the whole thing is there so I don't find it "immersive" at all.

Plus having to turn completely round to look at things is stupid, I'm not buying some gadget just to have a human feature in the game.

First person just makes DayZ unnecessarily hard, realistic my ass.

Add to that that you can't hear peoples footsteps or anything until they're right behind you essentially, if your in game senses actually worked to a realistic capacity I'd play hardcore.

I just love when people act like this game perfectly mimics real life and that playing hardcore makes you better at the game.

But it still sucks nothing stands out all that well earlier I got killed by a guy in a high rise like 3 times because I just couldn't make out what window he was at, if he moved then it would have been easy sure but in real life a person aiming at you through a broken window is pretty damn easy to see.

In DayZ however it is not.

It's not so much "hardcore" as it is limited and bullshit.

Adjusting your FOV just makes the perspective look broken everything seems freaking tiny.

I've long wished for a game where your vision got less and less detailed the further to the edge of your peripherals it got, you can't read a poster on the wall at the edge of your vision but you can see it's there.

In any FP game though the whole thing is there so I don't find it "immersive" at all.

Plus having to turn completely round to look at things is stupid, I'm not buying some gadget just to have a human feature in the game.

First person just makes DayZ unnecessarily hard, realistic my ass.

Add to that that you can't hear peoples footsteps or anything until they're right behind you essentially, if your in game senses actually worked to a realistic capacity I'd play hardcore.

I just love when people act like this game perfectly mimics real life and that playing hardcore makes you better at the game.

Lol absolutely none of that is true. Nice strawman.

• Like 1