[Outcasts]Massacre

Soooo about Hardcore

I like the idea of everyone being in 1st person but until stances are added so we can peer over walls without the use of an all seeing magical eyeball floating above us I won't play it.

I believe Rocket said in one of his live streams that they are working on adding more stances, and it would be great if they did.

• Like 1

I like watching 3pp for YouTube videos or whatever, and I see the reason some people would like to look at their character.

From a competitive standpoint however, you lose all bragging rights playing on a 3pp server.

This game is, I'd say, 70% spotting people.

When you have 3rd person the entire point of the engine in which this game is built is thrown away. There's no real excuse to need 3rd person perspective. If you're used to 3rd person I highly recommend you make the switch.

At first it's going to be hard but soon you will realize that someone can only see you if you have the capability of seeing them. This makes it harder to die in all actuality.

I like watching 3pp for YouTube videos or whatever, and I see the reason some people would like to look at their character.

It's purely a matter of personal taste but I tend to turn off 3PP videos unless they're comedy videos. If I want to watch a pure gameplay video I tend to find 3PP ones boring because it's all corner peeking, with comedy videos and such though it's more like watching a Machinima.

From a competitive standpoint however, you lose all bragging rights playing on a 3pp server.

This game is, I'd say, 70% spotting people.

When you have 3rd person the entire point of the engine in which this game is built is thrown away. There's no real excuse to need 3rd person perspective. If you're used to 3rd person I highly recommend you make the switch.

Agreed on all these counts, though I do disagree with this one:

At first it's going to be hard but soon you will realize that someone can only see you if you have the capability of seeing them. This makes it harder to die in all actuality.

A player with a good sense of their surroundings and utilising cover properly will find it easier to get the drop on you, assuming you're not better than they are at doing the same and making sure your position is secure. In the end it's an equaliser that boils an encounter down to your wits against someone else's.

I read it I know, I was just stating it again haha.

Sorry. :P Edited by DarkwaveDomina

You quoted someone quoting me, thereby directly linking me with your reply. I see nothing there that omit's me from a 1st person fanatic lol.

it really wasn't meant to be, directed at you specifically and i apologize if you took it that way. I just see thread after thread full of snippy, narrow minded comments and felt compelled to keep another forum user from getting discouraged, seeing as he is a bit new...

• Like 1

...and this became yet another useless 1PP is superior to 3PP piece of shit thread.

1PP is far superior to 3PP because the immersion and intensity of the gameplay is much better in 1pp.

3PP long time players, I ask you:   just try hardcore for week and report back. Yes you will be tapping "enter" many times in sticky situations for the first day or two , then you will feel the true power.

As teapot stated above this game is %70 spotting things/people so when you have a magical unicorn periscope to ease the rainbow ride,  it takes the intensity and fun away. 

T

Edited by Big_T
  • Like 3

If they're going to remove the dot at least make things easier to point at and click on, finding that sweetspot just to close a gate, or trying to get that item that's placed in an almost unreachable place can already be frustrating enough not knowing where your "pick-up-point" is, so that isn't going to help.

Also, what prevents people from putting a small dot on their screen, like a small piece of paper and translucent tape? hence making it even more pointless (no pun intended)

I get the more immersion is better thing and I'm all for it but I never felt my little dot was that much of an immersion breaker :( .

Edited by DedicateDdos

If they're going to remove the dot at least make things easier to point at and click on, finding that sweetspot just to close a gate, or trying to get that item that's placed in an almost unreachable place can already be frustrating enough not knowing where your "pick-up-point" is, so that isn't going to help.

I agree that the dot makes these things easier, but I don't think keeping the dot is the solution. The way picking up loot and opening doors works needs fixing properly and hopefully they'll do so quickly if (or rather when, since it's confirmed) they remove the dot.
  • Like 1

Oh look its one of these horrible topics again.  Lets be clear, there will always be 3pp because people like it and nobody has to play like you want them to.  Just like there will always be a "hardcore" game type.  I get really tired when these threads pop up and go crazy bashing 3pp when that is a play style that appeals to some people.  Personally I have played both 1st and 3rd and honestly I prefer 3rd just because it makes the game more enjoyable for me.  And because it is a game that is why it doesn't matter.  People that think themselves more elite are being retarded when it comes to this because it is a game, what difference does it make whether I kill you in 1st or 3rd person, you are dead. 

Just a tired thread beating a dead horse of a topic.  Nothing will change, both will remain, get over it.

• Like 1

, what difference does it make whether I kill you in 1st or 3rd person, you are dead. 

Just a tired thread beating a dead horse of a topic.  Nothing will change, both will remain, get over it.

Because seeing me from over a roof top or around a wall because you were in third person and were able to pop out of the corner with your weapon out before I could even think is Bull. In 1p I would have had a chance. After dealing with people last night on the roofs of apartment buildings killing my group before we could even see them, I've completely sworn off Normal

blahh

Oh look its one of these horrible topics again. 

Before turning this thread into one of those discussions again we should all stop and think and read for a second. This is not about what players should play. It's merely Massacre's experience about Hardcore.

I wouldn't want to have to close the topic because of some people wanting to turn it into that again.

Topic cleaned. Carry on.

• Like 1

popd in to see elitist first person response ...check now i leave.

I'm not an elitist, I'm just better than you.

Jk; looking back yeah that was pretty elitisty.

I'm not an elitist, I'm just better than you.

Jk; looking back yeah that was pretty elitisty.

There's a reason hardcore is called "hardcore" and regular is called "regular". ;) :D

• Like 3

Same. I like the bushes and objects that block your view and force you out in open sight in many cases..

Grass is a hell of a drug on hardcore and will get you killed quick. ;)

I have no issue with 3pp, so as far as HC goes thats not my motivation. Its the view point being changed and the new tactics involved, lack of seeing your back at any point, BIS programming of interiors makes it cray-cray for CQB.. so many reasons why HC is fun. But also so many reasons why regular is too. Mainly I dont get sick ever on 3pp servers, where as on 1pp I from time to time get headaches or nausea and have to log out. And yes, my headbob always is off. Since day 1.

Exactly!  I can only tolerate the view on hardcore for so long before I get a headache - it's cool but I can play 3pp forever and feel fine

Exactly!  I can only tolerate the view on hardcore for so long before I get a headache - it's cool but I can play 3pp forever and feel fine

You might need to adjust your FOV. The default setting is not remotely sensible for a 16:9 (720p, 1080p etc.) monitor and, assuming you are using one, you will want to click twice to the right and centre the slider. This used to be a common problem with Source engine games.

I love hardcore servers for the reason(s) stated in this thread. Yesssss.

You might need to adjust your FOV. The default setting is not remotely sensible for a 16:9 (720p, 1080p etc.) monitor and, assuming you are using one, you will want to click twice to the right and centre the slider. This used to be a common problem with Source engine games.

ok cool I'll try this - thank you

I love both and believe that the two of them have their pros and cons. The pros and cons equal out IMO, so I really don't care about which is better.

Before turning this thread into one of those discussions again we should all stop and think and read for a second. This is not about what players should play. It's merely Massacre's experience about Hardcore.

I wouldn't want to have to close the topic because of some people wanting to turn it into that again.

Topic cleaned. Carry on.

ol34klB.jpg

Edited by Massacre

There's a reason hardcore is called "hardcore" and regular is called "regular". ;) :D

If you read over Brian Hick's comments when they first implemented hardcore servers.. You will see they want to add much more than just view to what hardcore is to be.

If you read over Brian Hick's comments when they first implemented hardcore servers.. You will see they want to add much more than just view to what hardcore is to be.

they why did they make it first person only if the first person camera isnt more realistic/balanced/hard to play on?

I prefer 1st person servers because:

- Suppression. If you pin your enemy in cover with gunfire, you and your buddies can move unseen for tactical advantage. It's ESSENTIAL. Can't do this in regular.
- Flanking. You flank by moving in cover/unseen while enemy is pinned. In regular, the floating camera nullifies this 90% of time as enemy still sees around. Speed is essential so no time for that 1km lap around the forest.

- Corners/doorways in QCB. Those are the most effective spots for engagement since irl you WILL expose your body --> die when you see around. Regular nullifies this along with any need for methodical, tactical movement in urban areas.

- Sneaking in for that stealth kill. In regular, even with enemy looking forward, they see you raise that axe behind them. It's bullshit. I love playing ninja.

All those things above are essential for me to enjoy my firefights and small unit tactics. If i'm unable to win fights using valid real world methods, then it's just not worth it for me. I'm a one man band for the most time and using my head, i find myself regularly surviving impossible odds that would just not be the case in regular.

I do agree that different people like different things so no need to argue anything here.
I'd like the possibility to wiew my char doing shit and surviving, but not at cost of enjoyable combat/survival.

Edited by Intactus
  • Like 5

they why did they make it first person only if the first person camera isnt more realistic/balanced/hard to play on?

Oh I wasnt saying it as a hit on 1st person view. Just saying theres more to be added to what hardcore will be supposedly besides view.

I enjoy hardcore servers for pvp.. But thats about it...

Edited by cels

I hope they won't add in more "hardcore" features. My main reasoin to play HC is that 3rd person feels very awkward to me and I generally prefer to play in 1st person. I think most people play it for this reason actually.

On the other hand... while I'd hate to see bullets doing double damage on hardcore servers, a more challenging survival experience (harsher environment, sickness, etc) may be interesting.