Sign in to follow this  
Deathlove

A Way To Fix Gamma Exploiting

Don't get me wrong i love guns. Give me every single gun on the planet in game. But i agree ppl are to trigger happy in this game at the moment. Make the game play like 2017 and i guarantee you ppl would be KOSing ALLOT less because loot is very scarce and you need to save the bullets you find to hunt food with rather than waste on pvp since there are no full cans of food in any town.

I doubt that would work. I played 2017 in the mod and all people did was KoS. I think the problem will sort itself out when zombies are more numerous and become a threat. As to gamma, i say make all servers run on a 1hr cycle for 1 day and i think people will stop with gamma as it will get tiresome changing every 30min. 

I doubt that would work. I played 2017 in the mod and all people did was KoS. I think the problem will sort itself out when zombies are more numerous and become a threat. As to gamma, i say make all servers run on a 1hr cycle for 1 day and i think people will stop with gamma as it will get tiresome changing every 30min. 

Well i came in recently on the mod but no ones as KOS happy though at least now.

I think both solutions could work we just have to see what happens. :)

H1Z1 is doing something similar. You can check out their solution here: http://www.reddit.com/r/h1z1/comments/272f7n/another_major_issue_in_survival_games/

It has a trade off though - all nights will become pitch black.

I am for regardless, as I don't believe making brighter nights (as some suggest) will encourage most exploiters to stop upping their gamma settings. Exploiters exploit, simple as that. They do it whenever they can, if it gives them even a tiny advantage.

I'm also not sure how feasible the solution is for the DayZ engine, but since they are in the middle of redesigning their renderer, now is the best moment to look at this particular issue.

Hmm thanks for this post! That is definitely some interesting stuff. :O

Or just not let people change gamma when connected to a server. Changing gamma will require you to go to the menu.