hotcakes

Wear your helmets, folks

2 rounds of 5.56 later and I'm still alive.

a8uHpeL.jpg

Yet, I've been crouching while eating in a home, and a zed ghosted on me and swung for my head. Down I go, dead, dead, and dead. Pristine ballistics helmet. So yes, it might help against bullets, but zombies...they hit harder than bullets, or at least they do about 1 of 500 swings. 

I have a life its called playing dayz and killing idiots like you :D

Ah yes ^^ I see

B-but I like my boonie and baseball cap.

I stopped wearing helmets. I'll take the chance of getting headshotted in exchange for better camo and looking less smug. For some reason helmets make players look smug.

I can't give up my pilots helmet its a beaut.

Never tried but can you paint those? Dont fancy the bright white atm

What's a life?

That awesome thing besides gaming

Unless they make pink baseball caps armored, I wont have protection on my head! ;)

That's kind of the pot calling the kettle black

you obviously game since you are on these forums

or you are just on here for no reason whatsoever 

You've asked me a question, I gave you an answer and there comes the "."

I role with a booney hat and do not currently use a helmet. I love those booney hats.  I'm going for camo and stealth though and my current build or life is set up as a sniper. I shot from a far and don't go into towns or city's unless I need food or I'm grouped. I think next time I'm looting when I run low on food I'll make some room in my pack, to carry one to wear in city areas or high pop areas.  

In urban combat on a loaded server the helmet is not a bad idea at all, if you know there's good chance for a nasty fire fight or surprise encounter. Go as protected as possible it just makes sense. Almost dumb not to.

Edited by CJFlint

I always strive to have a fresh one on my dome, and one in my jacket/shirt for added chest protection of any degree.. 

Still have not been killed. (Once I was killed but it was on purpose on my part - approached bandit squad unarmed and flipped them off ;) lol)

According to the armor test vids I have seen, the more stuff you have in the pockets of a particular piece of clothing/backpack actually lowers its protection. If you fill a 6 slot item with 6 small items you actually lower armor by up to 15-20%. That surprised me as it seemed a bit backwards. So now I travel as light as I possibly can in the chest area and it does seem to buy me and extra M4 bullet or two.

Ive taken a Mosin to the chest and not even started to bleed. Given, at the time had a empty pristine jacket, chest holster and an almost empty backpack. They all got ruined but I survived with nary a scratch.

Large items still only counts as 1 item, so filling your backpack with protector boxes is the best for maximum armor protection from your backpack (FYI the hunting backpack and childrens case were the two highest armored ones).

Just found an anti stab vest!

According to the same test vids I mention above, all chest attachment clothing except anti stab vest give the same amount of protection. So it does not matter if you are using a Press vest, chest holster or assault vest. All that matters is quality.

The Stab vest is the only chest attachment that is worse then any of the others. Protecting up to 25% less. According to the vid, it does not even protect against knife stabbing better, worse then a chest holster does actually. Go figure.

Another fun thing shown in the vids was that it does not matter at all what kind of clothing you are wearing, be it civilian or military. It all gives the exact same armor values, except for the large Down Jacket that also suffers from less protection then anything else for that slot.

So a stab vest and down jacket is the absolute worst combo for protection.

Edited by Thadius

pTNE94v.png

But WOBO's videos are wrong. I've even posted a thread with ballistic testing on the press vest.

And you can't even wear a down jacket with a vest item. Moot point.

P.S Didn't post this, but the Press Vest completely negates at least one round of 7.62x51mm. It absorbs the entire shot, the damage doesn't spread to items behind the vest.

Edited by hotcakes

P.S Didn't post this, but the Press Vest completely negates at least one round of 7.62x51mm. It absorbs the entire shot, the damage doesn't spread to items behind the vest.

Interesting. They did some test shooting in one of the latest vids (I think) and it did not seem to do much extra absorbing of anything. But that was with a pistol. So maybe it does not matter what caliber the first bullet is, it will stop it cold without bleedthrough, but become ruined?

That would make it good vs single slow firing large caliber weapons (mosin), but not much for rapid firing guns mayhaps?

Just speculating.