lloydy24

Dayz Character not saving

Hi there,

I realise there has been a variety of topics previous to this one to do with character not saving.

I have seen all of the potential solutions to do with playing on specific servers and swapping between regular and hardcore servers.

I do not believe this to be a solution to my issue, all of my friends on play on the exact same servers with me at the same time always keep there gear.

Some potential suggestions people said was something to do with my steam id or my hard drives.

After a dayz patch I seem to keep my character for a day or two, but after that I never have a character EVER. Has occurred for about 2 months now which limits my life to when the server resets which is normally 2-3 hours which is a bit annoying.

I know it is in alpha but i doubt that is the reason and this is not going to be patched, I think it has something to do with my end of the game but I'm not knowledgeable enough to know a solution or the cause of the problem.

Any potential suggestions to this problem of mine would be useful thanks.

Your character is not linked correctly to the server data hive. So, your going to keep getting reset if not connected properly, another thing is, are you usually playing on public official servers or non-official?

Are the official servers DayZ GB ones at the beginning? 
We generally play on them but we do sometimes go on the un-official ones. My friends do not seem to have an issue with either though.

You got any idea how I can potentially get my character to link correctly?

Thanks for the quick response by the way  :)