rutok

Let players choose where they spawn.

Having random spawnpoints sounds nice at first. But after a while people start to favour certain spawn points.

Some will want to spawn close to cherno or elektro to run through citys, others want to spawn somewhere else maybe to meet up with friends quicker.

Giving players the option to either spawn at random points OR choose one of them on the map (or from a list) would cut down on the massive respawning you see everywhere.

No, that would suck and it would be too easy for bandits to get easy kills. Because all the noobs want to spawn at the best places and me personaly would not like that.

Agreed, would make it too easy, spawn where you died/best loot etc....no thanks I like to work for it.

I think I'd prefer random all-over-the-map spawns, not just along the coast.

If people could choose their spawn points everybody would spawn on the NW airfield, Stary Sobor, NE airfield, Berezino, etc.

They'd be the new Cherno/Elektro.

No thanks.

Having random spawnpoints sounds nice at first. But after a while people start to favour certain spawn points.

Some will want to spawn close to cherno or elektro to run through citys' date=' others want to spawn somewhere else maybe to meet up with friends quicker.

[/quote']

Aren't almost all of the spawns right along the south coast? From wherever you spawn it shouldn't be more than 20 - 30 minutes to Cherno or Elektro. Only spawn area I've seen up till now on the east coast is near Kamyshovo.

Against the suggestion btw because of obvious reasons. Actually some spawn points very close to the big cities should be moved away and placed in the area in the forests above Kamenka and west of Pavlovo.

Look, i agree with your points against it.. like it making the game easier and stuff. But just look at the reality. How often do you see "player xxx died" over and over again because someone is just looking for a certain spawn?

Just watch a few streams of dayz.. the ALL respawn until they find that one spot they like.

But spawn camping?? That doesnt make sense at all. And even IF someone was dumb enough to start camping this one spot.. how long do you think it would take you to notice that and just choose another spawnpoint? Its not like you got a lot to loose if you get spawnkilled..

Also, if you move (or remove) spawnpoints closest to the city people would still respawn to get the next closest spot..

I don't see how letting people select spawn points would change any of this? Instead of respawning for the "best" spot, they'd just select it and THEN it'd make sense for PKers to wait around the two or three most favourite spots, just to grief people.

Server lag is not helped by player respawning at locations they don't want to be at, because their friends w/e are miles away.

I have server admin experience and people coming in and out doesn't help the smooth running of it so I would say it's not a consideration, it's a definite need for this game to be able to select an area you want to spawn in.

Because every time someone respawns they have to make a new connection to the master server. Data is sent back & forth. I dont know how much data.. if its not that big of a deal then ok..

And how does it make sense to camp spawn points? They would kill you once, then you could just select a different spawn.

I just watched a stream of a guy that respawned 12 times just to get a certain spot...

Put a 5min timer on respawn and a 5min timer on people hiding in the lobby.

I think I'd prefer random all-over-the-map spawns' date=' not just along the coast.

If people could choose their spawn points everybody would spawn on the NW airfield, Stary Sobor, NE airfield, Berezino, etc.

No thanks.

[/quote']

Totally agree with that. Completly random spawn points all over the map would be really nice. Make it at least 300m from every town and zombie and it would be a great System imho.

I think I'd prefer random all-over-the-map spawns' date=' not just along the coast.

No thanks.

[/quote']

Totally agree with that. Completly random spawn points all over the map would be really nice. Make it at least 300m from every town and zombie and it would be a great System imho.

Old thread but in regards to these ideas, A mate was telling me today that he actually did spawn inland a few times. once was near the middle of the map a bit south a novy and second spawn was next to NW airfield, I dont know if this has been implemented by a patch or by the server itself. Haven't tried it yet but sounds interesting.

Why not use regions, ie spawn on north east coast, east coast, inland etc. maybe make the map into say 9 chunks at least youd know roughly where you are as its AMAZINGLY HARD TO PLAY WITH FRIENDS as YOU CAN NEVER FIND THEM.