ZeroGravitySE

US 104 Bans For Disconnecting During Fights.

Our server, US 104.

Bans people for disconnecting during a fight (PvP Only).

Its a cowardly act and we won't sit around and allow people to "exploit."

A bunch of us are always recording our gameplay and the server admins are usually around to take care of it when you get caught. If you can't handle the fact that you'll lose your gear in a "hardcore pvp" game. Then don't play the game. I don't even want to hear it either, because I've been nuked, and disconnected on only to have the guy come back in a new area and kill me because I couldn't cover a 360 degree view of the battlefield. Its an "exploit," and one that ruins the experience for people who like to PvP.

We at Wolves of War, as a clan, as a gaming community. NEVER disconnect to avoid player vs player death. I'm just making it clear that if you're caught and we have a recording of it. You will be banned on our server, and if you make a stink about it, we will publicly trash on you as we post the video of you being a little coward who is afraid to die in a video game. QQ

I am making this announcement being the owner of US 104. So that if people come on here after this in the future and complain. You'll know that we clearly warned people and they could of searched for a thread about this. As I have the title of the server in the thread and what the warning is about.

I have no clue what the dev team is doing to stop it, but for some of us it ruins the experience of PvP and PvP is indeed the center of what makes DayZ enjoyable for the majority of us. We play on other servers too, but there is nothing we can do about it on other servers. Cowards are going to be cowards.

If and when Rocket puts something in that combats this, we will then unban everyone. As the ban will then no longer hold any ground. Because it is then no longer an "exploit."

There are plenty of other servers. "We" as a group just don't want to play with you, if we "allow" you to kill us, and you don't return the favor by showing that you can play the game without "exploiting." Then don't be surprised when you can't connect a day or two later, or sooner.

We have about 10+ people that record video on the server. We only ban with evidence. So if you want to start crap over it. We'll shut you down pretty fast. Without evidence we don't act. So lucky is indeed lucky.

Tonic @ http://dayzmod.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=8302 said:

I'm here to address the issue with people killing other players when they join in the Debug Forest' date=' this whole thing has gotten out of control so we're going to start enforcing bans for all that are caught killing in the debug forest.

Using this exploit will earn you a min. of a one week ban, once your week ban is lifted and you continue to do this, a more permanent ban will be put in place.

[b']This IS considered an exploit therefor you will be punished for it. To be honest as to why people kill new players joining in through there is completely pointless as they do not have any gear on them.

Then Rocket @ http://dayzmod.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=8029 said:

I don't know why, but people are assuming that I think this is part of the game.

It's not. I posted in a thread that was talking about that, that META-GAMING is explicitly allowed. I.e. infiltrating teamspeak servers and groups etc...

Disconnecting to avoid death IS an exploit.

It will be patched out, very easily, in a future update. The update is ready to go and will be released when the Beta patch for ArmA2 is out.

Therefore.. it's acknowledged as being an exploit.. and they punish exploiters via bans. I don't see where the confusion comes in. It's only a ban on an individual server so it's not really even much of a punishment.. if they crashed and didn't DC most admins are willing to unban it and give you a second chance, but honestly unless you have a bunch of tents or vehicles on it not much care would even be given about being banned it'd just give the admin some sense of improving his community by reducing repeat offenders.

I support this thread.

Inb4 blacklist.

You are not allowed to ban for this.

Their are only two reasons why you' date=' as a server owner, should ban a player on your server. Those two reasons are: Malicious talk, and racism. You may not ban a user for stealing your loot, killing you, spying on you, etc.[/quote']

Our server' date=' US 104.

Its a cowardly act and we won't sit around and allow people to "exploit."

A bunch of us are always recording our gameplay and the server admins are usually around to take care of it when you get caught. If you can't handle the fact that you'll lose your gear in a "hardcore pvp" game. Then don't play the game. I don't even want to hear it either, because I've been nuked, and disconnected on only to have the guy come back in a new area and kill me because I couldn't cover a 360 degree view of the battlefield. Its an "exploit," and one that ruins the experience for people who like to PvP.

We at Wolves of War, as a clan, as a gaming community. NEVER disconnect to avoid player vs player death. I'm just making it clear that if you're caught and we have a recording of it. You will be banned on our server, and if you make a stink about it, we will publicly trash on you as we post the video of you being a little coward who is afraid to die in a video game. QQ

I am making this announcement being the owner of US 104. So that if people come on here after this in the future and complain. You'll know that we clearly warned people and they could of searched for a thread about this. As I have the title of the server in the thread and what the warning is about.

I have no clue what the dev team is doing to stop it, but for some of us it ruins the experience of PvP and PvP is indeed the center of what makes DayZ enjoyable for the majority of us. We play on other servers too, but there is nothing we can do about it on other servers. Cowards are going to be cowards.

If and when Rocket puts something in that combats this, we will then unban everyone. As the ban will then no longer hold any ground. Because it is then no longer an "exploit."

There are plenty of other servers. "We" as a group just don't want to play with you, if we "allow" you to kill us, and you don't return the favor by showing that you can play the game without "exploiting." Then don't be surprised when you can't connect a day or two later, or sooner.

We have about 10+ people that record video on the server. We only ban with evidence. So if you want to start crap over it. We'll shut you down pretty fast. Without evidence we don't act. So lucky is indeed lucky.

[/quote']

Well done, good luck with the crack down.

Inb4 blacklist.

Their are only two reasons why you' date=' as a server owner, should ban a player on your server. Those two reasons are: Malicious talk, and racism. You may not ban a user for stealing your loot, killing you, spying on you, etc.[/quote']

I have a feeling Rocket will add this to the "reasons for a ban" list fairly soon, especially if he is unable to personally fix the disconnect timer issue. I would be very surprised if a server got blacklisted for banning a member for this so long as they have ironclad evidence to back it up. Afterall, All these guys are trying to do is play the game as intended and not use exploits.

Inb4 blacklist.

Yawn.

Good luck with that; you will get banned, you will cry, the server wont get blacklisted.

Inb4 blacklist.

Yawn.

Good luck with that; you will get banned, you will cry, the server wont get blacklisted.

Why would I get banned? Where did I ever say I personally disconnect during a fight? Exactly.

Inb4 blacklist.

*sigh*

The majority of servers ban for this. Show me where one has ever been blacklisted for it?

the problem is that people might not disconnect on purpose, might get accused by people banding together and then abnned, or the admin doesnt like them, or someone gets shot while disconnecting and it appears through lag that he just disconnected BECAUSE of the fight

the problem is that you cant prove if someone disconnected during a fight or just disconnected, the server logs dont give away that info, and banning is a free-for-all

' pid='195883' dateline='1340718961']

the problem is that people might not disconnect on purpose' date=' might get accused by people banding together and then abnned, or the admin doesnt like them, or someone gets shot while disconnecting and it appears through lag that he just disconnected BECAUSE of the fight

the problem is that you cant prove if someone disconnected during a fight or just disconnected, the server logs dont give away that info, and banning is a free-for-all

[/quote']

You don't just "happen to crash" right after a gun shot hits you. Sorry, but not buying that one. Also, the proof is in the video. Shot at, disconnects. If you crashed come talk to me, and we'll talk it over. Not like I won't be chill about someone being innocent about it. If it happens a second time after that, ban.

There are a ton of servers to play on, we just don't want to play with you if you're going to crash to desktop every fight, and/or disconnect. I think it only fair that you go buy a new computer or fix the one you own then.

Inb4 blacklist.

Even though they won't blacklist for this. I think it funny people think Rocket will defend them when they get booted out of ONE server for something THEY DID WRONG. Sad part is, its proven through video. Not through logs. So you look like an idiot.

Lets say they did blacklist the server. All they did was prove to the community that they don't care about making DayZ a better game for people who want to play the game to its fullest without "exploiting" or "cheating." Paving the road for more people to just abuse the game to the point of APB:Reloaded's path. Great game, but many cheats later. No one cares to play no more.

Tonic @ http://dayzmod.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=8302 said:

I'm here to address the issue with people killing other players when they join in the Debug Forest, this whole thing has gotten out of control so we're going to start enforcing bans for all that are caught killing in the debug forest.

Using this exploit will earn you a min. of a one week ban, once your week ban is lifted and you continue to do this, a more permanent ban will be put in place.

This IS considered an exploit therefor you will be punished for it. To be honest as to why people kill new players joining in through there is completely pointless as they do not have any gear on them.

Then Rocket @ http://dayzmod.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=8029 said:

I don't know why, but people are assuming that I think this is part of the game.

It's not. I posted in a thread that was talking about that, that META-GAMING is explicitly allowed. I.e. infiltrating teamspeak servers and groups etc...

Disconnecting to avoid death IS an exploit.

It will be patched out, very easily, in a future update. The update is ready to go and will be released when the Beta patch for ArmA2 is out.

Therefore.. it's acknowledged as being an exploit.. and they punish exploiters via bans. I don't see where the confusion comes in. It's only a ban on an individual server so it's not really even much of a punishment.. if they crashed and didn't DC most admins are willing to unban it and give you a second chance, but honestly unless you have a bunch of tents or vehicles on it not much care would even be given about being banned it'd just give the admin some sense of improving his community by reducing repeat offenders.

I agree with this; I don't mind disconnect for zombie but disconnecting during PvP breaks the game.

Specially when people take pot shots at me and then when I start shooting back they log off. That pisses me off the most.

Hello. I'm just wondering how you know who it is who is disconnecting. I'm a relatively new server admin, and I would love to figure out how to know. Do you just look at the server log and correlate it with the time the person disconnects?

Or is there some setting that will show you when people connect/disconnect?

Hello. I'm just wondering how you know who it is who is disconnecting. I'm a relatively new server admin' date=' and I would love to figure out how to know. Do you just look at the server log and correlate it with the time the person disconnects?

Or is there some setting that will show you when people connect/disconnect?

[/quote']

There are a bunch of Peeps that run around with twitchtv recording while they play. So they have vidieo evidence to show Zero or meta. as to what the sever logs actually show a sever admin will have to address that one.

The servers webpage is spammed every 10 mins, feel unjustly banned? try appealing.

I'm a Wolves of War member, I also stream on twitch.tv when I play, please disconnect in front of me to avoid death, having video footage and a bunch of people watching you be a coward on my stream will be lulzy as Zero is perma-banning you.

As for knowing when we have someone doing this it's pretty easy to see who is doing it, when they pop in and out of the server in front of us like they are flipping a light switch, firing a shot, DCing, loading back in, firing a shot, DCing, there is NO EXCUSE, no "lag", no "bad interwebs", you are a fooking coward.

We had a case just last night of a guy doing this, recorded on 2 streams that were going at the time of him popping in and out every 30 seconds, firing a shot, and DCing.

Mad Support as well.

We ban for Disconnecting to Avoid Deaths. This includes Zombies Aggro.

Like last night when we were at the airfield some guy was running through the firehouse/barracks to get the loot, went out the firehouse, ran through sixity or so zombies and disconnects to drop them all to despawn.

Banned his ass in a second.

Sorry, but we do not want people like you on our server. This is considered an exploit. Deal with it.

+1

I support this thread and would like to announce that Colorado 1, 2, and 3 all ban for DC'ers as well and I actually share my bans with a lot of other admins!

Our server' date=' US 104.

[/quote']

Our server DE9 does it too.

Its the only way to stop this fags