Sign in to follow this  
Tyserie

"The server is running an incorrect version of server side application.

Hi,

My server (and some others which I tried to connect) are showing message

"The server is running an incorrect version of server side application. You cannot play on this server. If you are the server admin, please contact Dayz staff"

I am the server admin. Any suggestions?

My brother, who is located in UK is able to connect. I am in Slovakia an I see same message on every server which I am trying connect.

I did open a ticket in Multiplay ticket system. The server is rented from here. Ticket looks like:

Hello, I have problem to log in Dayz game on our server. Everything looks fine, but after all the loadings, my character is never spawn in the game world. The screen is just black, with white message :

"The server is running an incorrect version of server side application. You cannot play on this server. If you are the server admin, please contact Dayz staff"

I did some searching on official Dayz mod website and found out similar topic, where the developer of the mode "Rocket" is speaking about some HIVE file, which is locate on the server and needs to be updated (http://dayzmod.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=8069&page=3). Please see below:

rocket Offline

DayZ Staff

DayZ Dev Team Posts: 1,164

RE: This server is running an incorrect version of the server side application

Its not an issue with the addon files.

It is an issue with the server side application (HIVE).

With this update, your client will refuse to work if the server hoster is running an old version. Many server hosters (about 50% of servers) have opted not to use our automated updating and monitoring program and we probably don't have their RDP details. Therefore they are the only ones who can update the files. Contact the server owner and advise them they need to update HIVE.

I would like to ask you, if you can take a look on this and help me solve this.

Thank you and regards

Tomas Tyser

server admin

Personally I don't believe that this is server problem. But because of no one care, there isn't hope to solve it.

Every single one server which tried connect in last 3 hours gave me the same message. But other players are able to play.

How will "Rocket" explain this? If something is bad on the server, that no one is able to connect. If someone is able to connect and someone not, then something has to be different also on the hosts (personal pcs) which are connecting to the server. I am not trying to be smart, but it just seems to me like simple logic, or?

A couple of quick thoughts on what might cause this...

1.) You're running old or mis-matched versions of the DayZ mod files. Remove @DayZ, download latest .torrent and see if that helps.

2.) Your character data has been corrupted in the database, causing you to fail loading. See if you can "respawn"...

I tried to re-spawn it doesn't helped. Tried remove whole folder @DayZ and download and install Six Launcher and I still see same message about side application. When I am connected to a server I see also message in chat, that I am using modified data file. It's written with red letters, don't know what that means.

From Multiplay clanserver support I received:

Your ticket has been escalated to a second line member of staff, this will enable us to deal with your ticket more efficiently.

I hope they will find out something.

This was fixed on our server by reinstalling C++++ redist.

Getting the same message too... Really irked. This was the first time I've made it to the barracks at the NW Airfield, and I can't play :(

Info from Multiplay support:

Hi Tomas,

This appears to be the correct and updated version as far as I can see. Your server is also populated with 14/50 players.

What local files are you running? Are these the latest version?

I did send the requested information to Multiplay and asked them id is possible to check some server logs what they are saying when I am trying to connect the game. Also I will now completely reinstall whole game.

I reinstalled whole game. Arma II and Operation Arrowhead, patched and install again Six launcher. Still same problem. It looks like my great times in Dayz are finished.

Try rolling back the Beta patch. I couldn't get into two servers with the latest Beta, rolled back to 93965 and was able to get in.

I did uninstall of Six launcher. Downloaded torrent from Dayz.com website. Made a folder @DayZ and inside another folder addons. In folder addons I did copy all 7 files from torrent folder. Used only ARMA2OA_Update_160 and ARMA2Patch_1_05_to_111 update. And switched it on in game in expansion folder.

Now I see this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sLpsxSz1V2Y&feature=youtu.be

With Six launcher It did show me this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=53IVTiQ3Mzs

My connection speed is:

http://www.speedtest.net/result/2030613120.png

I didn't apply any beta patch.

Back on Six Launcher:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3TyE7PaCYkI&feature=youtu.be

Same fu.....g problem. Whole day spend with this. I will probably give it up. I am out of ideas.

Maybe some file, is corrupted or changed, or I don't know and this file is saved somewhere, where the uninstall has no effect? Maybe on server? Really not sure.

I reinstalled whole pc, new OS installation and all the rest. Installed both Arma II cds which I bought only because of Dayz and I see still the same message. Now I am little bit angry. There is more ppl with this problem and would be nice if guys from Dayz team can do something with this.

Maybe I can try connect some Dayz staff controlled server and they can do some packet capturing or log searching what's going on when I am trying to connect? Would this be possible Dayz guys?

I tried that Today on another ISP. It finished same way like before. So I still think that there has to be something what is used for all the servers, but it's not stored on my computer.

Here are my last findings:

Two possible ends.

1, Is the massage about server side application (this I see with the Six Launcher)

2, Is just black screen, white color loading status line and headline "Loading" (this is see in case of manual instillation, it looks like there are always sounds of night in the background, I tried this many time and the sounds are probably always that same, like when time stopped or the game is stuck on one, still same place).

Is there stored something, on servers, what can be corrupted and its used only for my version/copy of game? Because for me it looks like some corrupted file which is stored somewhere out of my pc and is launched only when I am trying to access the game on any server. Is this possible?

I believe my character is corrupted. I already did write my ID in that thread. Thank you fro this info Boneboys, you are my favorite now.