Sign in to follow this  
maninthewall

Pistols should have a chance to spawn with magazines

I find pistols like the CZ75, M1911 and FNX45 all the time, but I never really pick them up because it's so extremely hard to find magazines for them. I have maybe, since the experimental came out, and I have played it a lot, only found about one pistol mag. That's why I always roll with the magnum, easy to find, does good damage and easy to find ammo to.

Am I the only one who can't find mags for them?

I think they should have like a 40% chance to spawn with an empty mag in them, and even lower chance to spawn with maybe a few bullets.

Thoughts?

• Like 4

If you scroll down the forums maybe 3 posts you will find this exact thread. Search bar man. inb4 locked

I find them all the time in hangars and prisons...

I don't think it's that hard to find them imho.

I find them all the time in hangars and prisons...

I don't think it's that hard to find them imho.

But you should be able to find them in RESIDENTIAL AREAS.

Not everyone goes to one of the few military bases just for a pistol magazine.

They are INCREDIBLY HARD to find if you're in a town.

Well yeah, I wouldn't expect to find a Pistol magazine in a residential area. Especially one for like a FNX 45 or something. Now magnum ammo, that's a lil bit more of something I'd expect.

Well yeah, I wouldn't expect to find a Pistol magazine in a residential area. Especially one for like a FNX 45 or something. Now magnum ammo, that's a lil bit more of something I'd expect.

Why not the fnx isnt exactly a military weapon its a civilian gun through and through.

Why not the fnx isnt exactly a military weapon its a civilian gun through and through.

Still wouldn't. If I was looting for a pistol magazine, I wouldn't be looking through houses on DayZ.

It's not hard to go to a military area...I mean it takes less than 10-15 mins. If they have the time to stalk and kill someone, they have the time to find a magazine in a military base.

Still wouldn't. If I was looting for a pistol magazine, I wouldn't be looking through houses on DayZ.

I wouldn't be looking at military bases either. Seeing as pistols are not usually a military issued weapon and usually only officers are given pistols.

I wouldn't be looking at military bases either. Seeing as pistols are not usually a military issued weapon and usually only officers are given pistols.

I never really mentioned I went to military bases, I usually find them in Prisons anyway.

Edited by Zedertone

I never really mentioned I went to military bases, I usually find them in Prisons anyway.

Prisons + police stations yes those are places i would expect pistols.

However homes are also places where I would expect a pistol to be found along with magazines.

Prisons + police stations yes those are places i would expect pistols.

However homes are also places where I would expect a pistol to be found along with magazines.

Yes, I would expect in prisons.

Just speaking from having been to most my friends houses, most of their parents don't own a pistol. Most people that I know that have fire arms have some sort of rifle, usually a .22. But I do have a 9mm, although I only have 1 magazine for it.