ThatBritshGuy

Thermal sights. Yes or no?

I know most people don't like the idea of a thermal scope but the thing is in a real zombie apocalypses there would still be thermal sights around the place and if ignoring things like this just because player find it annoying is not the right thing to do, Its a apocalypses, things are not meant to be easy, if someone has managed to find a rare thermal scope then fair play to them. It might be annoying but things like this would not just disappear from the world, they would be rare but player should still be able to find them.

I would not really care if they did or did not add these in but it would be a logical thing to do.

I think it would be an amazing addition. Would make sniping less viable. Atm, I think sniping overpowers other combat styles.

I think as long as they never make it onto a weapon platform. If they act as a shorter range binocular item thats fine.

• Like 6

In a place like Chernarus there wouldn't be many thermal scopes if any.

• Like 4

I think, for the scope of the game, thermals would be fine. I mean it's cold in that area of the world and a good set of thermals would go a long way to keeping warm, plus if the made the kind where you can unbutton the backside, you could make a potty easier...

• Like 3

I agree with Muffins. To make them an attatchment for weapons would make there be little incentive for anything else. I think it would be great though if we could use it to spy/spot players with.

IRazgriz, any logic to your reasoning? Can you please elaborate on "nonononono"?

Sure, but as long as they are stupid rare. I want them to be a novelty rare item that should be whipped out in very emergency state situation. 

Can people explain their reasoning please so we can get some actual discussion going on?

"NO" adds nothing of value on its own

Absolutely not.

Not in any shape or form both from a lore stand point and a gaming one.

#1. Thermal optics and binoculars are huge , heavy and expensive not to mention rare. So finding one would be pretty stupid in eastern europe.

#2. They completely ruin gameplay by no longer requiring the player to find their targets and simply making light up.

• Like 3

I think it would be an amazing addition. Would make sniping less viable. Atm, I think sniping overpowers other combat styles.

The only reason why sniping is more viable at the moment is because it is the only way to accurately get a shot on target.

Let's face it , gunplay in stand alone is complete and utter shit, the guns feel terrible, the dispersion is game breaking and above all there is no consistency.

For these reasons alone sniping is the only reliable way to kill a player at any range over 100m.

Any other weapon you pretty much are just rolling dice to see if the magical dayz gods bless you enough to hit the target.

That is all that needs to be added to make sniping less viable and at the same time not punishing anyone and rewarding skilled players.

Absolutely not.

Not in any shape or form both from a lore stand point and a gaming one.

#1. Thermal optics and binoculars are huge , heavy and expensive not to mention rare. So finding one would be pretty stupid in eastern europe.

#2. They completely ruin gameplay by no longer requiring the player to find their targets and simply making light up.

Lore?!?! Where's that then? There is no story to this game what so ever.

I think from a lore stand point they would be fine. Make them rare military loot. It is not unbelievable in the slightest bit that a government funded military in eastern Europe would have access to such technology. M4's in the game make much less sense honestly. I don't think you would come across an American made assault rifle in a probably former ussr country very often in military barracks, if ever.

From a game play stand point, I think it would be great. Make it so they can't zoom in so it wouldn't favor snipers. Snipers could spot other players with them, but they could also be spotted with them. Atm, mosin snipers hiding in the woods pwns all.

No offence to the original poster, but this is a really stupid question.

So obviously no.

I think from a lore stand point they would be fine. Make them rare military loot. It is not unbelievable in the slightest bit that a government funded military in eastern Europe would have access to such technology. M4's in the game make much less sense honestly. I don't think you would come across an American made assault rifle in a probably former ussr country very often in military barracks, if ever.

From a game play stand point, I think it would be great. Make it so they can't zoom in so it wouldn't favor snipers. Snipers could spot other players with them, but they could also be spotted with them. Atm, mosin snipers hiding in the woods pwns all.

Like I said nothing in the game should favor anyone else and thermals create more problems than they solve.

I think everyones gripe with sniping is how easy it is and how cheap it is correct ?

Wouldn't you want a more complex sniping mechanic to be added instead one that would impress you if a player actually hit you at distances past 300m ?

Add that in and sniping wont be a problem promise. Number of snipers would decrease immediately and not only that, when you are killed by one you would be amazed not angry.

Why is it stupid? You making a comment like that and not backing it up is, imo, stupid and does not.promote discussion in the slightest bit. In fact it is a detriment and on par with flaming imo

Gibonez, I can't watch the video atm :(

What does it entail?

It is ACE mod sniping.

1. It adds wind so you need to correct for it on your turrets. You can adjust by minutes of angle or mrads.

2. It no longer has elevation adjustments of 100s of meters. Real life scopes are made to be universal and work on every gun thus they use a universal measuring method to let you adjust your scope. Thus moa and mrad exists. Instead of adjusting to hit a person at 500m by clicking page up 5 times you instead dial your scope to 9 moa or 18 up clicks since you adjust the scope in .5 moa.

You also need to reference a chart to see what the right moa adjustments would be on different weapons because each weapons bullet drop is different.

maxresdefault.jpg

Personally it doesn't bother me ONCE global loot economy is implemented and high-end loot can be made truly rare across all servers, until then definitely not.

• Like 4