I dont understand i look on youtube and tutorials say you start with a flashlight but when i join servers i start with a gun is this the real dayz? Also lots of servers say bad version how do i get version 1.6.2 aswell.

• Like 1

well I'd have to say you are playing the mod and not standalone.

• Like 2

I'm guessing you got arma 2 and then DayZ Commander? There is a mod off from the Amra2 games and then there is a separate Stand Alone game that is in open alpha testing that you can purchase on steam.

@ Elle
Obviously he's playing the DayZ mod since he is posting on the DayZ mod section and mentions 1.62 Arma II version.

@ sachaXD3

Starting gear depends on the server you join. Most are modded. Try to join only official servers, you can use the filtering system in DayZ Commander. You can also use said program to update your arma versions. If you want more help you'll have to provide more info. Which bundle did you buy, steam or no-steam, current versions, etc.

Edited by h3l1x

What you get when you start all depends on whose server you play!  Sounds like the flashlight was an earlier point in development.  These days some servers spawn you in with a rifle, or an axe or anything, sometimes just flares and a bandage. :thumbsup: