Sign in to follow this  
wacktopia

Best M4A1 Range Config?

The pistol and M4 compensator are bugged and do nothing as far as I have read.  Not sure about the Mosin.  

You're thinking of suppressors. The Mosin compensator is a bipod which doesn't require the prone position.

You're thinking of suppressors. The Mosin compensator is a bipod which doesn't require the prone position.

Heh, thanks for the correction.  So much to learn ;)

Best setup for an m4 is full magpul gear with a bipod. However if you want an automatic firearm for long range I suggest to look out for the next patch. They will (correct me if wrong) be adding the AKM which for one odd reason is going to be considerably more precise then the m4. Also I have heard it will be doing more damage.

What I don't get is why all weapons are spawning pristine.

How many pristine mosins still exist? most of them are pretty much shot to sh*t, a pristine one should be pretty damn accurate, but most should be worn or worse.

Groupings on m4 are stupid and need fixing.

Weapon damage on everything is far too low.

Edited by TheScruffyBandit

They will (correct me if wrong) be adding the AKM which for one odd reason is going to be considerably more precise then the m4. Also I have heard it will be doing more damage.

It will do about or exactly the same damage as the SKS. Appears to be intended to be more accurate than the basic M4A1 but this could change (1.48x better than standard M4A1, 1.64x better than CQB stock) but the values right now give it 0 dispersion which I assume is just something overlooked and will be fixed before it's introduced.

What they need to do Gews is fire their current balance and gameplay designers and just hire you.

You could give them numbers off your head and they would be 100 times better than what the current guys are doing.

If anything in this point of the game they should just base their guns on complete realism and alter the weapon sway, recoil, and spawn rate to give the guns the desired affect.

What's the best way to bring all the weapon flaws to someone in the dev team?

What I don't get is why all weapons are spawning pristine.

How many pristine mosins still exist? most of them are pretty much shot to sh*t, a pristine one should be pretty damn accurate, but most should be worn or worse.

Groupings on m4 are stupid and need fixing.

Weapon damage on everything is far too low.

9mm isn't effective enough compared to .45 it has more recoil and all the mags hold barely any ammo.

Mosins should spawn worn most of the time in my opinion, I think damaged should suggest proper damage while worn should more or less just be visible damage to the weapon like nicks on the stock.

Edited by AP_Norris
  • Like 2

Mosins should spawn worn most of the time in my opinion, I think damaged should suggest proper damage while worn should more or less just be visible damage to the weapon like nicks on the stock.

Since a weapon cleaning kit can bring the gun from damaged back to Worn that would probably be ok. 

What is the damage reduction from Pristine > Worn > Damaged > Badly Damaged, anyone?

Does the RIS hand guard have any effect on the accuracy? I use that for the light just incase you never know...I can hit zeds at 500-600 yards out with the bipod with the RIS and the QCB stock But ido alot of in city fighting so I love the CQB stock it might mess up long range but I have not seen it yet. Usually silencers effect the range it does not seem that way in this game....im glad for that...thanks guys

MOA is minute of angle, a method to describe how accurate a weapon, optic etc is.

There are dummy targets you can shoot at to see how your weapon grouping is at a certain distance (in MOA), so you can compare, adjust etc. The MOA value allows you to compare with a standardized measurement.

To join the discussion: I'm much of a lay man when it comes to practical weapon handling. But from reading, I've noticed people saying the M4 platform needs proper care - field stripping, cleaning, .... Maybe, in this Russian themed world, people are not used to proper maintenance of M4's, and what they consider pristine has actually collected a lot of debris, wear and tear.

The AK platform seems much more forgiving in handling and care, afaik.

The mosins and SKS's could be much better maintained, but never used, explaining their better "out of the find" handling. Which would also apply to the AKM.

I'm looking forward to seeing the SVD in here as well. To my taste, it's one of the best looking designated marksman rifles out there.

The original optic for it should allow for quick range estimation and compensation as well.

Edited by DeKamme

Magpul stock

Magpul handguard

Suppressor

Bipod deployed while prone

ACOG lets you see the best.

The Magpul™ and suppressor only matters when crouched or standing, because using a bipod with any combination of handguards and stock should result in perfect accuracy, unless of course you have no stock or handguard.

With the Mosin you only need one thing, a compensator, if you have that the bipod is redundant.

IRL a suppressor decreases accuracy and damage (in theory, due to reduction of speed) how does it affect in game? increase or decrease accuracy? And what about the bayonet, any changes? one would think so since it is a hunk of steel weighing down the barrel. Just asking since i carry both for upcoming patches (bayonet for dealing with zombies and cans, and suppressor just cause.)

IRL a suppressor decreases accuracy and damage (in theory, due to reduction of speed) how does it affect in game? increase or decrease accuracy? And what about the bayonet, any changes? one would think so since it is a hunk of steel weighing down the barrel. Just asking since i carry both for upcoming patches (bayonet for dealing with zombies and cans, and suppressor just cause.)

Not entirely accurate.

In most cases suppressors actually slightly increase velocity, it is an insignificant increase but stands to reason that they do not decrease velocity, thus 'damage' is not affected. Again, in most cases a suppressor will not significantly reduce accuracy.

Like gianni001 said the suppressor would only increase velocity and it wouldn't negatively affect accuracy, could even improve it a bit. It would probably change point of impact though. Old suppressors used wipes which also slowed the bullet and reduced accuracy. Some integrally-suppressed guns have ported barrels (ie: Amphibian, MP5SD) to reduce velocity.

Anyways the suppressor increases accuracy by about 1/3 MOA and the bayonets decrease it by the same ~1/3 MOA. Neither is an appreciable change, you would never notice it in any circumstances in this game. The pistol suppressor has no effect.