Daz3kPvP

Any Vanilla DayZ Servers Left?

Real DayZ player wouldn't show up to such an offer. :D

Shhh it's bandit-bait!  Don't tell...

• Like 1

bandit-bait VS potential free lager

hmmmm

OH I was sidetracked. Yes BC has a point, public hive needs some hype. Or at the very least, the distinction needs hype.

Only reason I play private hive is when I'm feeling Epochy- but that's just me 

What happened to 3480? I went away for about a week. come back and it's deserted?

Yeah 3480 keeps crashing, or getting attacked. It's up now however stuck on "waiting for host"...

Sad face..It's the only server I play on..only good server left actually.

Matt has emailed the company hosting the hive. Soon as i know more so will you.

• Like 1

I really wish that there had been a much larger distinction between vanilla DayZ and heavily modified private hives and sub-mods as all of this was developed over the last two years.  Yes, if you are in the know, you can search for official servers in DayZ commander, but I find that a vast majority of newcomers to DayZ have no idea of the differences between a vanilla public server, a vanilla private hive, and a modified private hive.  I think that more people would be interested in playing the mod (especially people coming from SA) if there were more clear definitions and separation within utilities like DayZ commander.  Most new players jump on 1,000,000+ vehicles/choppers/etc servers and think that that is how DayZ started.

This is exactly the problem ^^ well said.

I appreciate we are talking nearly 2 years of running these servers, but can we have a chance to show our servers?

A Pinned thread, with a list of the 'known' & 'supported' Public Hives?

The Original DayZ Mod Public Hive Servers.

Simple search filter options for them - UK410 FR34, FR129, US6299, US3480, US6012 to name a few.

I really do want us (the few servers left) to be known on here, almost a sort of raised profile.

dM

What is official? One or two of the ones you have listed run custom content (modified mission content). 

I don't mean this to sound like i disagree i am just asking at what point do we draw the line at official. This is the same reason we have never been allowed to add new missions because of the amount of hassle we would get from other teams who did missions we didn't choice to use.

I would think we keep track of all servers that connects to the hive.  

I didn't realize you could alter the content?  I do dislike the garbage and wrecks on the map, it can be troublesome for some clients and makes civilian cars limiting since they have to go cross country or risk wrecking on a garbage pile.  Is that the sort of modifications people are doing?

If not NVM about content change.

The list is pretty big everything can be changed at the admins whim. So how do we say what is official and what isn't and how do we police it

Okay then maybe we just have a list of servers connecting to the hive.  At least we have a list of servers that connect to hive in one location.

Call it collective promoting.

Maybe we get a side effect of peer pressure compliance to the developer's vision (i.e. no modifications beyond anti-hack alternatives and silentspy changes).

I've found what you're all looking for, the server is called 'ZeroSurvival.net' 

The IP is 144.76.72.235:2314

It's old school DayZ but has a custom form of base building, which I don't have any issues with seeing as it's a planned feature in the standalone. It's a great server with great admins but has a few Issues.

Unfortunately, the server has caused me a great deal of lag, Is always full, and It's hard to get started in terms of weapons and getting resources (especially when you experience lag) 

So it seems you're all not alone in terms of wanting Vanilla DayZ and a more realistic survival experience. It would be great if there was a server out there that copies what they've done on ZeroSurvival.net... not pushing any hints there  ^_^

Hello, I run a nice vanilla DayZ server called DayZ Europa.
Currently around 30-40 players every night.

IP: 88.150.214.210:2402

Welcome!

Edited by vinyljunkie
  • Like 1

What is official? One or two of the ones you have listed run custom content (modified mission content). 

I don't mean this to sound like i disagree i am just asking at what point do we draw the line at official. This is the same reason we have never been allowed to add new missions because of the amount of hassle we would get from other teams who did missions we didn't choice to use.

I'd love to know that. Being a fairly new player, I don't really know what the original mod experience was. I've tried numerous vanilla servers, and they all have differences. I'd like to experience the game as it was before all the additions.

The best way is to look at the mission file when you join a server if you end up downloading something massive. The server has been edited.

Only real way is to find a community who still runs stock dayz files.

Thank you guys for this info. I just finished building my first gaming pc and have been dying to play some vanilla.

Here's another

UKSS DayZMod 1.8.1 Vanilla

37.59.43.226:2303

Edited by diseasedundeadnoodles
  • Like 1

Here's another

UKSS DayZMod 1.8.1 Vanilla

37.59.43.226:2350

Yep our server is to stay up for the for the foreseeable future as it isn't costing me anything in keeping it up (server it's hosted on has other purposes) 

Amazingly we have had a few players on we hit 20+ the other night and I'm seriously shocked that there is that many people who want to play vanilla still lol.  

It's pure Dayz with full 24 hour night and day.  

The only thing I have added is anti hacks and disabled speaking on side chat. 

Your welcome to join anytime man.

Edited by TayTay
  • Like 1

Jimmy when are you going to add 1.8.1?

Also it appears I'm banned from us3480 for an addcargomagazine or something. I played on 1.8.1 for a bit then reinstalled 1.8.0.3 and tried joining and was banned. I killed my character. An unban would be cool.

Edited by Borges

Is there anyone that still plays on Namalsk servers that has night, rare loot, no selfbloodbag, freezing temps, bloodsuckers etc...? I can't seem to find people playing Namalsk except on that pendulum bullshit server....:(. What happend too the Namalsk communety?

ZeroSurvival.net looks like a good vanilla mod server (no loadouts or donor crap).

finding it hard to join any of these, my day z is all updated to 1.5 or whatever, and most of these are 1.7.8. and i can;'t roll back now