Opdoger

Is there any nice people

I bought game a month ago and I got some hours on it and I have not seen one nice person on dayz I always come and say friendly and I could kill the people but they just don't say anything they just shoot. I would give all my stuff if they dont shoot me. And It takes along time to meet your friends because its a huge map And when you die It feels like you die in real life. Anyone else dies a lot. Please don't post any rude comments thank you. > :( 

there's no friendly people in dayz, end of the story.

Met a guy in a rather populated area today with no guns.  I had 2 pistols and 2 rifels on me (one of my rifels just stayed in my hands)

Unloaded the guns and dropped them for him.  Made him run away from the guns a decent distance and left some ammo in a building nearby.  Told him id leave him a bit of ammo in a nearby building (i told him which building) and made him wait 1 minute before going for the guns.

i never kill someone unless they shoot at me first or come at me with hostile charge... always friendly player and have met a few people in game randomly who became good friends in real life also, think before you shoot.

I don't mind folk trying to kill me on sight.

However, I'm getting really sick of people killing me after yelling 'friendly'. It happened for the latest (and final) time last night. I always used to roleplay that if someone declared themself friendly I would trust them, but it is increasinly tiresome, not to mention unspeakably low, to use this as a tool to steal a march on someone more honest than them.

Last night I tested this to the extreme, just to see what would happen: I bumped into another survivor near a hangar and he ran round the corner shouting 'friendly, friendly!'. So I said 'friend' back, put away my gun, and stood in the open, exactly where we first met, just pressing 'wave' over and over again until he emerged. When he slunk out from where he had crawled off to hide, he looked at me for a second or two before taking aim at my head and killing me with one shot. (This is not to say it was a tough shot to make: our gallant hero was aiming at a stationary target about 15 yards away).

It just makes you think, if someone is willing to do that when there is no room for error, no chance at all that he might have misunderstood, then the 'friendly' greeting is worse that usless. Worse, this character would almost certainly have complained if I had ignored his claim and shot him when I first saw him. I won't bother in future: if you're armed and heading towards me, or are likely to see me, I'm afraid I'm shooting. This isn't straight-up KoS, but my philosophy now is if you have a gun, you intend to use it, and it might be against me.

Nice to meet you yesterday evening, guy at an otherwise deserted NEAF on whichever UK server. I hope you get given more chances to live than you gave me.  

Edited by kander

try dealing it like a mexican standoff. don't trust anyone at first.  PUT THAT GUN DOWN!  Is your first pri to say.

friendly is next to say..if thats what you are tho :p

I have been having more and more friendly encouters. One guy i helped him get is location to meet up with his friends and found him backpack. Yesterday i met a guy with and M4 but no ammo, i have no M4 but clips and ammo, gave him a fully loaded 30 round clip. He was gracious and offered items in return, but i didnt' need anything. We parted ways but did see each other here and there around town.

You will learn quick my son.

My advice:

-Get DayZ map app on cellphone (I use "I Zurvive")

-Get friends to do the same

-Make a group on I Zurvive

-Get your friends to join it

-Put markers wherever you guys want to meet up.

-When you get to a town check the town sign and match it with your map to find your current location.

-Map also estimates run times from one point to another (an ETA)