Sign in to follow this  
izodn

People don't take the game so seriously sometimes

Again I agree with many of your points. Now I have enough knowlege of DayZ to get up and get going without death. 10+ hours, one try not THAT hard. Adding players, is awesome I love it. I love the rush when encountering one, or hearing the gun shots. But when I started playing, learning. Or when I start a new character to be killed for my hatchet, there's gotta be another way to stop it. Killing other players may be justified by saying they may kill me later when they get a gun. But hey, they'll re-spawn and get one, and kill you then... A survival server was meant to portray the image of a zombie-survival, not SURVIVAL. The bandit-allowed idea was nicknamed Realism server because it's just that, real.

lol @ all you fucking care bears.

let people play how they want and stop trying to make this mod cater to your ignorance or lack of skill.

Confirmed for 'CALL OF DUTYYYY PRO NO SC0PEzzz MLG'

The fact that this is a game keeps me from EVER taking it seriously.

I play this game to relax and enjoy myself. Some guy with a crossbow runs up and shoots me in the face... meh. It's a part of the game and bothers me none. It just means I get to enjoy myself running through buildings and regetting my stuff again. It's not hard, nor emotionally taxing.

The DayZ dev team should allow servers to be Bandit-Allowed' date=' or Survivor-Only. [/quote']

http://dayzmod.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=15

Q: Turn PvP Off?

A: No. PvP is a core part of the DayZ atmosphere and we aren't going to restrict it. Just go inland away from the built up towns along the coast where players spawn.

The DayZ dev team disagrees with you.....too fucking bad....

I laugh at people acting like it'd be the ultimate goal in DayZ to find a random stranger to co-operate with

Survive alone or search for a group, but don't expect to be happy best friends forever with a random dude that you just met

Oh boy....

The game is fine as-is. My encounters with other players have been way more good than bad.

Yesterday I had a funny experience…I heard a car roaring around near Elektro. Then I caught site of it. Two heavily armed players were driving around killing players and Zs alike. I tried to get away, but they ended up running me over. These guys were just driving back and forth between Elektro and Cherno killing any player they saw. It was actually kind of funny. They killed me a 2nd time, and then I just hid any time there car got near. I ended up looting some good items from other players they had killed.

So yeah, not everyone takes it totally seriously, but this can add to the spectacle of the game sometimes. It was surreal to see this car running everything over in-game. Made me laugh.

Again' date=' options. Most of you like to kill players for no obvious reason.

[/quote']

The reason is simple. You can't trust people you don't know. So what you salute me? You've got a can of beans and an axe. Soon as I turn my back you can can jam it in my spinal cortex and take all my loot. It happens. Trust me.

It's precisely because I take this game so seriously that it remains of interest to me.

You have "survivor only" DayZ already at your disposal. Go play Left 4 Dead or Dead Island or any of the other ARMA mods that rocket has specifically suggested for those players not interested in DayZ because PvP plays such a central role in the theme and game play.

Why is it so difficult to accept that DayZ is a PvP-based zombie survival game? Is it because it hasn't been done before? Or has a decade of watered-down, cordoned-off PvP experiences really left you believing that that's the "right" way to do it? You're so used to the WoW model where PvP is kept off behind some invisible wall where you don't have to think about it or worry about it, and even when you do you don't because nothing happens if you lose anyway, that you just can't wrap your head around a game where PvP is an absolutely critical, essential and inextricable part of the entire experience.

Asking for DayZ without PvP is like asking for DayZ without zombies. They are two sides of the DayZ coin. Two parts to a whole. If you're not willing to flip that coin and see where it falls, then go play one of the many other games that only use one-sided coins.

It's personal choice how you play the game, help someone out or shoot them in the face your choice.

Both paths have enjoyment, one day I shoot a player for his pickup... another day I shoot some zeds off a defenceless player up a deer stand putting myself at risk.

Both were exciting for different reasons.

Just take what the game throws at you and move on ITS ONLY A GAME!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nDNI8p5eQhg

^ Perfect example of how some people can't take the game as seriously as it should. Ruining someone's hard-earned progress can be easy' date=' doesn't mean it should be done. I've felt the heart-jumping moment when you come across a survivor who you don't know if friendly or not. I've had the need to kill someone to survive, but I've been killed as an unarmed survivor many more times than any of those moments.

The DayZ dev team should allow servers to be Bandit-Allowed, or Survivor-Only. I really think this should be a main priority. This way, people who in real life would team up with others, would team up with people who would do the same. Me personally, I'd like to play on bandit-allowed servers if the Direct chat was extend a few. But I'd start in a survivor server to scavenge what I need.

My thoughts on this were spawned when I approached a man -- whom I'd been watching for sometime now -- unarmed. He promptly shot me in the face with his 3 friends. For what, gear (I've none), for ammo (nope), what about food (again new character). Yeah I'm new at this game, yeah this angers me, and yeah I'm not pro. I love the game, and I finally have a character who's had some progress. I do care if he dies, but at least I'm armed, and have a reason to be killed.

Your thoughts?

[/quote']

Are you kidding me? Dude I have not read a single reply but I am betting good money you have been trolled. This is a game about survival. This is not a carebea/npcr paradise. People like you are the reason why things get nerfed in MMOs and move away from PvP. This is a PvP game and it's strongest aspect is its PvP.

Again' date=' options. Most of you like to kill players for no obvious reason. That's fine with me, as long as it's not me. I like to be given a fair chance. With all the PKing I've been uncomfortable giving other players chances... Would I give a newbie a pistol, hell no, because your community trained them to shoot on sight. It's a survival game, not CoD.

I want survival servers, and you can use your realism servers, I'm sure I will too. But just because there's a survival only server does NOT mean you PVPers have to participate. It may just be for the people who want a good experience. I want to be able to give a person a blood transfusion and an assault rifle without having to keep eyes on him 24/7. You may like it, I don't. I want to be comfortable and feel safe around players. Any player can easily take out a survivor who has 40+ hours of in-game time with a hatchet. This is WRONG. At that point, I'd want to die by Zed, or face to face battle over a can of beans. What you people are doing is ruining a community of people who want to take it seriously. If there was a survival server, and a realism server, you can still play the way you do, with more of a challenge probably. But until they're separated, your bandit types have all the fun, and I don't want to convert. If a game is intended to be this realistic, I'll play it as I would in real life. And again I'd like to add, I'm not noob, carebare, kiddy, or whatever insult you may conjure up. I'm an adult player who would like to play with other adults looking for a real survival experience. If you can't accept the fact that bandits are ruining SOME of the communities experiences, you need to open your eyes.

[/quote']

Well fucking said mate agree 100%

well its like in kindergarden. you play peacefully your game in an open sandbox. and there comes this other kid out of nowhere and just because he can he throws sand in your face and begins to punch you - ruining your experience of your game.

until rocket gives this game some rules like penalties for killing people kids will always throw sand in your face.

at this moment you have to deal with it and play in areas that are not of interest for kids who are on the search for other to throw sand in their face. get yourself a gear to survive on your own (fire, knife, axe, waterbottle). and you can survive for a good amount of time anywhere before you have to reenter dangerous areas to stock up again.

like any other game some certain rules are needed here. otherwise the game shifts from coop-with-random-ppl to a simple open PVP deathmatch arena. would be a waste of a great game.

People agreeing with this thread are the reason why MMO's go down the drain. This thread needs to be closed. If you can't handle being Pked then go play WoW. Seriously people. This game is about risk/reward PvP.

I can understand the frustration with being PK'd again and again while trying to gear up. All the times I met someone in game, save for 3, I was shot at, and once I actually made it away alive. Heard someone in a barn, so I peeked around the corner, saw 2 people - one looked at me, hesitated, then shot at me with an 1886. Hit me, but I managed to get away while aggro'ing all the Z's in town. Dropped them all, bandaged, and I lived. Could I have been more careful? Sure. But it makes for an interesting story.

That's the idea of the game - to let the player create his own experience and story. If you want to head into the wilderness with a crossbow and live like a mountain man, you can. If you prefer to group up with a gang and pillage some towns, you can. Unfortunately, sometimes you end up getting caught in the path of a roving gang, but it happens. And to take the "realism" tack, if this situation occurred in real life, you just might get ambushed in the dead of night while asleep, get your throat cut, and all your loot stolen. It's not something you can always prevent. The best you can do is take every precaution to not end up as prey. Whether that means being bandit, a shoot-on-sight survivor, or a cautious stalker type is up to you.

At least that's how I look at it. I think if something like this were to happen, it would be pretty similar. You'd have a lot of nervous, scared survivors with twitchy trigger fingers, a bunch of gangs, cartels, etc., and a few who just go off the deep end and stand saluting on a smokestack for 2 hrs, till they get sniped by the bandits. It'd be pretty darn close.

Unbelievable. Basically people want to not be shot at by other players. This isn't the game for you. Enjoy WoW.

no its not. YOU want it to be this way and you want us to play the game like YOU want.

its time for rocket to insert some serious rules ingame to point out the direction of the game. if it will further focus on PVP thats fine. but right now this matter only devides the community for no reason.

we need balancing or a split up on PVP and non PVP servers or something. but right now its only a graet game for bandits but it should be for both parties dont you think too?

and there comes this other kid out of nowhere and just because he can he throws sand in your face and begins to punch you - ruining your experience of your game.

until rocket gives this game some rules like penalties for killing people kids will always throw sand in your face.

Holy Mother Of God! You really don't get it???

The whole experience that defines DayZ is the bitter reality of having no rules other than the core mechanics and no other help than the help you organize yourself. No continues, no magically unlootable stashes, no saves, no immortal police.

Make friends, rule your turf or get beaten up.

all the ppl in that montage got what was coming to them, basically 90% of that video was in places with military loot so what do you expect?

if you don't want to get shot, don't be in places long enough where the possibility of that happening gets bigger, better yet grow some skill and learn to kill ppl before they kill you?.

once you take out the pvp aspect dayz is nothing more than l4d on a large open map with less zombie variation.

no its not. YOU want it to be this way and you want us to play the game like YOU want.

its time for rocket to insert some serious rules ingame to point out the direction of the game. if it will further focus on PVP thats fine. but right now this matter only devides the community for no reason.

we need balancing or a split up on PVP and non PVP servers or something. but right now its only a graet game for bandits but it should be for both parties dont you think too?

It divides the community? several people are wanting to play this game on easy mode because they cannot handle getting owned by a player. That is unrealistic.

we need balancing or a split up on PVP and non PVP servers or something.

Yes. "Or something," indeed. That something? Hike up your diaper and go play a different game. This one's not for you mate.

This game is great for far more than "just bandits." I've probably murdered fewer than 10 people in 30+ days and 300+ hours in the game. It's still great for me. Every day it's great so get your grubby, tear-soaked little fingers off of it.

now its only a graet game for bandits

BTW: Me and my team we are by no means bandits (except for that one time with the red GAZ) and for us the game is fraking great.

Nope guys, you're confusing ppl not wanted bandits at all (unrealistic) with ppl that expect ppl to behave realistically.

People here are complaining here because of lack of realism, nor because they dies.

If you see half of players running in the middle of the maps with a damn rifle, just in the hope of engaging a fire fight... this is UNREALISTIC.. you can post your own idea to justify it (ie: yes, but it's fun) but it will still unrealistic. 99% of persons here in a zombie apocalypse will hide under a rock, trying to SURVIVE, they will not camp with a sniper rifle sitting on a damn tower like they are the last rambo (mostly because many of you won't know how to use a rifle at all in real life).

So again: if this is a game.. let's say: it's a game, i like to run and gun, i die ...who cares, i can respawn and start it all over again > kill > die > respawn.. until i get bored.

Fine, you like to play it like a traditional FPS, it's your choice, it's your fun.. and your gameplay won't be ruined by those ones that want to play it realistically, while in fact you can just shot at anyone, without even asking.

But the other front (who wants to play this as a "simulator") cannot play it ignoring you, because their gameplay depends of your behavior: if a "realistic player" see a bunch of guys running no sense in the middle of zeds with an hatchets, while laughing and calling their friends near his PC to come to see how's fun... well you're going to "ruing" the mood (and their experience) ... NOT because u kill em, but because you're doing dumb things that normally you wouldn't do in RL.

This is the problem here. Until a solution is found (but i'm not confident that a solution exists at all) i'm forced to play like the majority: my mates + PvP + 10 persons squadrons + pretending to play normal Arma2 .. not DayZ, because THIS is DayZ right now: Arma2 + zome zeds as minor annoyance.

The whole experience that defines DayZ is the bitter reality of having no rules other than the core mechanics and no other help than the help you organize yourself. No continues' date=' no magically unlootable stashes, no saves, no immortal police.

[/quote']

you see. this is you interpretation.

i want rocket to stand up and say:

yes we focus on anarchy and PVP here. deal with it.

or

we focus on coop and fun for everyone so bandits get huge penalties. deal with it.

thats all.

at least we need balancing. being evil is too easy. and at the end of the day we need something like a win-win-situation where everybody has fun. why only play one of the extremes? that would lead to split up servers. so PVPers can have fun and coops can have fun. because finally all people who dont like the pvp behind this will leave sooner or later and than PVPers only play this game anyway so why not split up? no mor easy targets... thats a pitty.

This is the problem here. Until a solution is found (but i'm not confident that a solution exists at all) i'm forced to play like the majority: my mates + PvP + 10 persons squadrons + pretending to play normal Arma2 .. not DayZ' date=' because THIS is DayZ right now: Arma2 + zome zeds as minor annoyance.

[/quote']

MZNHT.png

Nope guys' date=' you're confusing ppl not wanted bandits at all (unrealistic) with ppl that expect ppl to behave realistically.

People here are complaining here because of lack of realism, nor because they dies.[/quote']

They're very obviously complaining about PvP. YOU might have issues with immersion, which is fine, but don't pretend there aren't people in this thread complaining about PvP.

Surprisingly, I've never actually seen anyone running around DM'ing everything. Almost every encounter I've had involved sneaking into the same building at the same time and finding them.

Maybe I'm just lucky with the servers I pick. I normally don't aim for the nearly full ones, rather ones that are < 1/2 full.

I can see the pros and cons with having "survivor" and "realism" servers. Pros would be that someone can choose "survivor" if they don't want/like PvP, thereby satisfying the number of people who have a problem with it. Cons would be that people could abuse the "survivor" server to gear up for the other, or could use it for safe-travel; it would also detract from the intended feel of the game and significantly reduce the tension if we were to remove the threat of hostile players. I personally would stick to the realism server, just for the added thrill of a constantly looming threat.

So on one hand, it would satisfy more of the player base and encourage more people to play, but it would also mean a breaking of some of the game's concepts and would lose much of the emotion that the game is intended to evoke.

Tough call.