Sign in to follow this  
rigz

Lost on the map

Short story: yesterday i was fully geared, a guy who was following me and started shooting i shot in the head,  died few minutes later cause i felt down a outside ladder at a hospital (those ladders, the ones from the outside wall are bugged at cherno).

Spawned somewhere else near the factory i think (i was on a full server) some guys where shooting me from the forrest the second i spawned so no hero's there but more like bandits with no sense for gaming.

Spawned again somewhere near a broken ship, i did a full search on the ship and food some food i went true the forrest more up north (beach with rocks, away from the red containers) of the ship and then i saw a town after running 10 minutes (followed the road i came across), that town had a police station and nice loot buildings and allot of garages, police cars etc. The town had a name that started with Yep or something looked it up @ http://dayzdb.com/map/chernarusplus but could not find it.

So after clearing this town i had finally a backpack and some water and food, some ammo for all guns but not for sks and a empty SKS on the shoulder, then i followed the road even further, kept on running  a while i saw garages (allot) sometimes 10 in a row, but they all had crap in it like 3 times a flashlight for a pistol (next to each other) a construction helmet, other crap and some food yammie.

So the thing is: yes i am lost i ran for 30 min on a road that i have no clue where i am running to, i think i am somewhere up north/east but i have enough food and water to run a few kilometers more, also passed 2 farmer grey houses with a weird looking grey sphear on top of a grey pole (so if anyone has a clue).

sorry but not screenshot maybe i had to take a few next time i get lost, so if anyone knows where i am would be great!

The things that annoy me the most that i found so many garage's (unopend/untouched i presumme) and not even a compass that would help me allot, also i feel yet again like i am running the ironmen, dont get me wrong i understand this game is also travelling and maybe its my stupid fault i don't know the more north and east side of the map already good but still a compass instead of all the crap would be amazing, maybe in the future a vehicle of some kind.

Loots needs to spawn more intelligent if u ask me, and i hope someone reply's in this topic: been there, done that and i agree with a similar story.

Edited by rigz

The garages in a row you're talking about are at 84' 24' on the map North of Gvozdno. The town you went with the Police Station is Svetlojarsk, a new town in the world of DayZ.

Edit: Sorry but by now I know the map to well to get lost. I got lost plenty of times during the first time I played the mod. I was glad the stand alone had some changes so I traveled all around to explore and see the changes. The northern part of the map looked like it was ready for some major make-over and now they added Svetlojarsk and Chernaya Polana, which is my new favorite town on the map.

Edited by Odin Lowe

The garages in a row you're talking about are at 84' 24' on the map North of Gozdno. The town you went with the Police Station is Svetlojarsk, a new town in the world of DayZ.

thanks ! i need to asap get my ass down to the south then ;) now i just need to find out where the south is offcourse. I think u mean gvozdno on dayz map chernarus, so yay i assume i could be lost somewhere there makes perfect lost sense.

• Like 1

Compasses are very common in firehouses, I've seen 3 on one set of shelves before. I have a tough time getting my bearings without one... one of the first things I hunt down.

• Like 1

I have been lost several times. One rule of thumb when really lost...go one direction. You will hit something eventually. Follow major roads/power lines, if necessary. As you are exploring, pay attention to the landscape. Is it trending upwards in elevation or downwards? That can clue you in as to direction, i.e. if you have been heading North and the terrain trends upwards, you can return South to by going downhill.

Prevailing Westerlies - clouds move west to east.

Yes i did a quick right and went to open fields, ended up @ nort airfield wich i knew already: quicky geared up @ military base and went from town to town afterwards.

And yes i found 3 compasses in the same firestation there also, but i just needed one.

Yes @ grislyatoms : if you have been heading North and the terrain trends upwards, you can return South to by going downhill, this i realised also and this is a very handy tip for the ones who will get lost also !