Sign in to follow this  
guppy22143

Killing a Server Hopper

So, I was In Balota about a week ago.

*cue flashback animation*

I was looting a prison, and had just acquired an M4. I go to pick an axe up out of the corner (behind the stairs), when I hear reloading coming from downstairs.

So, I peek down, and he's just... standing there.

No weapon equipped, nothin'.

So I realize he's logging in!

Well, I'm not one to kill someone THAT vulnerable- not even server hoppers.

So I position myself in said corner, and wait for the bastard to come up.

He didn't stand a chance, when I unloaded into him he looked like a deer in headlights.

Funny thing is, he starts screaming at me in this little COD kiddie squeaker voice.

"Nighty night, hopper." *Crack*

Thanks for the server hopped beans, mother fucker. ;D

• Like 2

I bet those server hopped beans tasted like shat. ;)

Love how COD is an adjective for the kid's voice.

Waited for him to log on then shot him anyway?

Hoppers deserve to die. cheating bastards.

So what made you think he was a server hopper ? Was it  because he spawned into the jail on the SAF ?   Now tell me this kind sir , if the server had restarted at that very moment where would you have had to spawn in at ? 

• Like 4

The next time you change servers to find some action, remember you just server hopped.

• Like 1

There's nothing wrong with server hopping if you're server has already been looted. It's due to current spawn chances that we have to server hop to save time and get decent gear. It's not like combat logging.

So what made you think he was a server hopper ? Was it  because he spawned into the jail on the SAF ?   Now tell me this kind sir , if the server had restarted at that very moment where would you have had to spawn in at ?

Because instead of heading out the door he came up the stairs and B-lined for the barrack room. I find it as good suspicion to shoot.

Besides, if I see someone at an airfield in close quarters like that, DayZ nature means someone is going to die. Even I have stopped being friendly at the airfields.

Because instead of heading out the door he came up the stairs and B-lined for the barrack room. I find it as good suspicion to shoot.

Besides, if I see someone at an airfield in close quarters like that, DayZ nature means someone is going to die. Even I have stopped being friendly at the airfields.

there is nothing wrong killing a guy at the airfield, i would have killed him also. airfield is loot/kill zone.

but there is also nothing wrong about serverhopping. running 2 hours around a looted server without finding anything useful is just annoying. so run to balota and if there is nothing left, just switch.

his fault just was, reconnecting inside the prison.

Edited by newguyzombie
  • Like 1

there is nothing wrong killing a guy at the airfield, i would have killed him also. airfield is loot/kill zone.

but there is also nothing wrong about serverhopping. running 2 hours around a looted server without finding anything useful is just annoying. so run to balota and if there is nothing left, just switch.

his fault just was, reconnecting inside the prison.

I agree 100% and I also see Guppy's point to certain extent but with unexpected server restarts you never know where you will have to spawn in and it's a shame to see players get labeled as a hopper or bandit when they could have been a victim of a restart. If it had been me there I would have attempted to clear the building and picked up any loot that was laying around.

• Like 1

I can't imagine why people are saying he might have been a victim of a restart. He simply could have just logged in at that moment for the first time. Derp. Surely that isn't a possibility.

If a server restarts and you're in a high traffic area, either start back up on that server when it starts back up, or go to a low pop server and if you die take your medicine.  If he logged in under the staircase though, then he probably logged out there.

Edited by ThePieKing