Sign in to follow this  
Gokemaster

PLEASE HELP! CANNOT GET DayZ TO RUN!

Hello, my name is Joey and I bought DayZ yesterday but I cannot seem to get the game running. I have attached all images below, that might help you understand some things about my computer and my problems (specs, errors, etc). I came home and sat down and bought the game and was really psyched, but when I opened it I couldn't get it to run! This game looks really cool and I hope you can help me fix this, so that I can play and it so that I wont't have to run it. My first (and hopefully the last ) error was "Error: Shader model 2 not supported anymore." This popped up after I opened DayZ and it went to a black screen like it was going to run, then it canceled out and popped up this message. I am not a computer genius and I need a lot of help understanding these things to fix it. I would prefer if you could help me via Skype (Username: Joey Gokee/j.gokee). My computer is a Windows 7 Ultimate. Thanks.

post-203926-0-33062800-1397497261_thumb.

post-203926-0-25632600-1397497267_thumb.

post-203926-0-59698600-1397497276_thumb.

post-203926-0-46875500-1397497288_thumb.

It's a problem with your outdated Graphics, DayZ requires shader model 3.0 you must get a new graphics card to have it. But unfortunately even if your graphics card did have shader model 3.0 you would barely be able to run the game, your system would be held back by your CPU. I suggest either a massive upgrade or a whole new PC.

So, how would I fix this? in order just to play this one game, I have to spend 600$ on a new computer? Can't I just download a new shader model or can I buy a new one? Could I also upgrade my CPU?

You would need to upgrade your GPU, CPU and RAM. Consequentially your Mother Board and the power box thingy I can't get the name right now.

And no. A shader is a hardware part, so you cannot download it.

So what would the costs of these be? Is there somewhere I could buy all three for cheap or all-in-one? 

You would have to buy a whole new computer. You simply cannot update a part of your actual setup without having other parts being a bottleneck/not havinh enough power to run them.

Dude, calm your tits. Just get a new computer. That's your only hope. If you can't run DayZ I doubt you can run any game. So no, your not paying $600 for one game. Your paying $600 for a ton of games. Save up your penny's and buy a new computer. Or just get a $500 laptop that runs the game at 20 fps on lowest settings, like me.