DarkTroller

footsteps of doom?

I don't know if its just me but i get snuck up on and K.O.S'd too frickin much. I have good quality headphones and sys. but unlike other games i get no warning eg.footsteps...... just all of a sudden a dude standing in front of me and bam. Oh yhea thanks for the hello first not. just kill . stupid concept, i was a friendly player now im just going to be an A-hole. I am discussted in human behaviour on this game.

lets get some sound warning please!!!!. make it harder for the kos player to sneak up on you. If you want to be my friend in game forget it kos is the way of the game i guess. Bull-S..it. stupid concept. "i'm repeating myself. come up to me saying friendly then hitting with a shovel come on. stupid kids.

take my axe to your mellon. it time for a hiatus I think, my last 3 encounters have all ended with my death. from them shooting first. Is no one friendly on this game??? all of you like playing in solitude?

learn to socialize with your fellow survivor's instead of just killing us. perhaps you may learn somthing besides oh yhea i killed that non threatining non aggresive dude. woop woop. Stupid Concept......

Footsteps are faint, but they're there. Just move slowly and listen for them.

• Like 2

You came into a point that does KOS guys already did, think about it, they most probably came into a point that saying "hello" it's not a option anymore.

In all of this time that i play the SA and the Mod version, that i got this conclusion, what if it was in real life...? Would you risk your own life in saying a Hello to a strange, man i wouldn't, and still i don't in the game.

Try to avoid them, be more careful...you can hear does footsteps.

• Like 1

I don't know if its just me but i get snuck up on and K.O.S'd too frickin much. I have good quality headphones and sys. but unlike other games i get no warning eg.footsteps...... just all of a sudden a dude standing in front of me and bam. Oh yhea thanks for the hello first not. just kill . stupid concept, i was a friendly player now im just going to be an A-hole. I am discussted in human behaviour on this game.

lets get some sound warning please!!!!. make it harder for the kos player to sneak up on you. If you want to be my friend in game forget it kos is the way of the game i guess. Bull-S..it. stupid concept. "i'm repeating myself. come up to me saying friendly then hitting with a shovel come on. stupid kids.

take my axe to your mellon. it time for a hiatus I think, my last 3 encounters have all ended with my death. from them shooting first. Is no one friendly on this game??? all of you like playing in solitude?

learn to socialize with your fellow survivor's instead of just killing us. perhaps you may learn somthing besides oh yhea i killed that non threatining non aggresive dude. woop woop. Stupid Concept......

I have a sneaking suspicion from your name and the issue you are describing that you are in fact camping up on a hill somewhere taking pot sots at people from a long distance.

If is this case then first of all I would like to say welcome and your anger at the game brings me great happiness. I like nothing more than coming across a super stealthy ninja sniper hiding in the bushes only to kill him and then hide the body. I will say hello to you after I have killed you though, well that is if you haven't rage quite by that stage.

If this is not the way you are dying then please explain where this happening and what you are doing at the time, so I can help you further.

PS If you get upset by KoS then DayZ is definitely not the game for you

w

I have a sneaking suspicion from your name and the issue you are describing that you are in fact camping up on a hill somewhere taking pot sots at people from a long distance.

If is this case then first of all I would like to say welcome and your anger at the game brings me great happiness. I like nothing more than coming across a super stealthy ninja sniper hiding in the bushes only to kill him and then hide the body. I will say hello to you after I have killed you though, well that is if you haven't rage quite by that stage.

If this is not the way you are dying then please explain where this happening and what you are doing at the time, so I can help you further.

PS If you get upset by KoS then DayZ is definitely not the game for you

Why do you have my icon O.o im at a loss

w

Why do you have my icon O.o im at a loss

Why do you have mine? I have had this for god knows how many years now on every game from games to forums.

Oh yhea thanks for the hello first not. just kill . stupid concept, i was a friendly player now im just going to be an A-hole.

That's like saying "I was bullied in High School so now I'm going to be a bully as an adult." It's silly and unproductive.

• Like 1

There are signs and footsteps, just turn up your in game sound fx...

But if your camping a sniper hill, or a known snipers perch... Then expect to be shot, axed or knocked out haha.

You can try to be friendly... Just dont approach people out in the open....

firstly im not some stealthy ninja sniper, im a new player to this game, i do not like Cod. or Battlefield type games persay.  I have used the name for well over 15 years, it was a play on trawler, Eg fishing, it was a big part of my life commercially.  I have had issues and assumptions before. but not my issue just a name. I currently have not fired on anyone in game first, not my style. like I stated merely asking why i don't seem to hear footsteps, I gather from the forum replies there are some peeps who judge all too quick.

As to the OP that said what would you do in a real situation, hmm a zombie apocolypse in real life...... scavaging for food and weapons...... I guess you have a point about shooting first.

Ubernaut, seems that you may have seen rage with disgust as my intent.  Im not a rager nor a troll "name is eplained above".

When i bought the game i liked the 256sq km. map lots of room to wander. not tight non stop cluster fuc... I like the game concept just havent had good luck with the people i have come across yet, I know I'll find a friendly some time, you all can't be a'holes :).

Footsteps are faint, but they're there. Just move slowly and listen for them.

Sorry but the entire sound engine is rubbish, somehow it's actually WORSE than the game it was pinched from. Even with expensive headphones it's near impossible to tell where sounds are actually coming from.

Edited by Nekosan

firstly im not some stealthy ninja sniper, im a new player to this game, i do not like Cod. or Battlefield type games persay.  I have used the name for well over 15 years, it was a play on trawler, Eg fishing, it was a big part of my life commercially.  I have had issues and assumptions before. but not my issue just a name. I currently have not fired on anyone in game first, not my style. like I stated merely asking why i don't seem to hear footsteps, I gather from the forum replies there are some peeps who judge all too quick.

As to the OP that said what would you do in a real situation, hmm a zombie apocolypse in real life...... scavaging for food and weapons...... I guess you have a point about shooting first.

Ubernaut, seems that you may have seen rage with disgust as my intent.  Im not a rager nor a troll "name is eplained above".

When i bought the game i liked the 256sq km. map lots of room to wander. not tight non stop cluster fuc... I like the game concept just havent had good luck with the people i have come across yet, I know I'll find a friendly some time, you all can't be a'holes :).

What does COD and BF have to do with this thread?

As for the thread itse;f my man get used to being KoS if you can't handle it and just KoS like everyone else then it basically is a average FPS game.

Sorry but the entire sound engine is rubbish, somehow it's actually WORSE than the game it was pinched from. Even with expensive headphones it's near impossible to tell where sounds are actually coming from.

not to mention, the distance algorithm for gunshot sounds is totally effed up. someone shooting next to you is audible alright but let that person be 400 meters away and it sounds like he's blasting your brains out. cant tell how many times my pal has shot an sks some blocks away and it nearly gave me a heartattack everytime because it sounds like he's right next to me

sounds is not so good at the moment, u running in open field or sitting behind a tree and u hear:

zombie sounds, ammo reload sound, eating sound and not a person near u or zombie

i have a decent sound card in my pc to lisen to sounds in game not to be fooled by the game, cause u lose your egde when everytime u are sitting/running u hear sounds and u go like player or sound bug ... very annoying to say decent.

i am surely as a new player (couple of weeks) not the only one who complains about this.

Edited by rigz

Deff some sound issues eat a can of beans can be heard from to valley's over.but try hearing footsteps...unless you got that special jerking off hearing your out of luck