FlyingCork

Am i a bandit or hero?

Am i considered a bandit, if i hold a up a fresh spawn and he starts punching me then i shoot him in the bollocks? Or if he runs away when i tell him to stop and i shoot him in his ass?

Shooting him for attacking you is just self defence

Shooting him for running away, you have no reason to shoot a man clearly running away if he poses no threat make you a douche

• Like 2

Self defense never brands you as a bandit but holding people up does.

You have to ask yourself though, what are you doing being fully geared with those fresh spawns?

One thing is certain; you're not a hero.

Edited by DedicateDdos

Self defense never brands you as a bandit but holding people up does.

You have to ask yourself though, what are you doing being fully geared with those fresh spawns?

One thing is certain; you're not a hero.

I was going to ask them if they had seen any bandits and ask them if they needed stuff, but they just replied like assholes.

Don't hold anyone one up at all. that is a bandit action. Even if he punched you, you took the action of holding him up that is your fault on your part.

Don't shoot people who are running away from you, they are probably scared of you worried from the other encounters they had with geared guys. 

Don't hold anyone one up at all. that is a bandit action. Even if he punched you, you took the action of holding him up that is your fault on your part.

Don't shoot people who are running away from you, they are probably scared of you worried from the other encounters they had with geared guys.

Or just shoot everyone as soon as you see them. That way, you won't be a bandit at all, just a kos'er.

• Like 1

As in hold up, i don't mean slapped cuffs on them i just said put your hands up so they can't attack me while i talked to them.

As in hold up, i don't mean slapped cuffs on them i just said put your hands up so they can't attack me while i talked to them.

Not necessarily but why would you need to go up to someone to ask about bandits around the area? Just scout out the area yourself.

Not necessarily but why would you need to go up to someone to ask about bandits around the area? Just scout out the area yourself.

Because Intel is half the battle, if you know there's a confirmed hostile in an area and where he is and he doesn't know your coming, you have a high advantage against him

And you know....... Working together and all that

If your going to NEAF and you happen across a friendly person who just came from there, you really going to scout out every sniper position or ask the guy if anyone took any shots at him

• Like 1

I see nothing wrong with shooting someone in the back after making clear you want them to stop. You don't listen to the man with the gun, you pay the price. I'd say OP is a survivor, slightly leaning towards banditry.

• Like 2

I see nothing wrong with shooting someone in the back after making clear you want them to stop. You don't listen to the man with the gun, you pay the price. I'd say OP is a survivor, slightly leaning towards banditry.

Beans for truth.

Without skins there are no identifiable bandits or heroes.   Do as you please.

Nope, he's a bandit.

What is a freshie gonna do?  Bite your ankles?

Nope, he's a bandit.

What is a freshie gonna do?  Bite your ankles?

Mike Tyson's Punchout and take your gear

• Like 2

Mike Tyson's Punchout and take your gear

I couldn't help but laugh, I honestly imagined it in my head.

Seriously though, shouldn't let a freshie get close to you.

Why do people need to brand themselves a tag?

Just because someone is a hero one day and gives beans to someone, it doesnt mean he wont blow somebody's brains the next day, for no reason. Perhaps dayz should pinch infestation's method of tagging players by their actions. Never killed anyone, you were tagged a civilian. Kill enough civilians and you were tagged a bandit, kill enough bandits, you became a sheriff.

Nice guy in wrong place.. no need to hold up a fresh spawn..what you gonna do steal his battery?

Telling someone to hold up there hands is a bandit action, at the moment he may want to do something else but you are preventing from doing so by telling him to stay in the area with your hands up. Also with his hands up he is submitting to you with no way to defend him or her self.

DayZ is never so black and white. I'm not sure why people can so blatantly label you either one.

I personally play Hero. Whenever I'm rolling with the Rangers and we help someone out who isn't a squeaker and has a mic, it feels great. Just the other day we were on a tG server and helped out a dude with broken legs. Turned out he was tG and we got a server message thanking and welcoming us. That's just crazy cool.

But we've had to put down a lot of people. Especially freshies. There's 101 reasons why you have to. He isn't listening, he's obviously trying to attack you, he won't cooperate, he won't leave when you gave him supplies. And if someone sees us shooting one, we look like dickheads. We've probably killed heroes and didn't even know it.

That's the beauty of DayZ. It's gray as fuck and you don't know if the guy you just killed was really cool or a straight dickhead. (Unless he has a Payday mask on. Then it's black and white again and you can put him down. I hate Payday Mask dickheads)

Anyway, I'd say if you were rolling alone, you did what needed to be done. It happens dude. It doesn't make you a bandit but if they're fresh, always try to make contact.

Am i considered a bandit, if i hold a up a fresh spawn and he starts punching me then i shoot him in the bollocks? Or if he runs away when i tell him to stop and i shoot him in his ass?

Fresh spawns are just Bandits/Heros without gear....

I've never heard a bambi admit to being a "bandit." They're all "Friendly...friendly...friendly."  Shit, it's like everyone is Pope John Paul III till they got a rifle in their hands.

10 minutes ago that "fresh spawn" might have been jacking bambis from a window in electro by the dozen.

It's all a matter of perspective, my friends.

;)