Sign in to follow this  
grimboom

question about the DayZ mod for ARMA

ARMA 2 complete collection is 75% off right now so i was wondering how polished is the mod for it, also i've heard something about Epoch. so are there multiple dayz mods on arma 2. should I even bother or has everyone moved on to arma 3. i already have SA but since there isn't a lot to do wanted to get my fix somewhere else if possible.

ARMA 2 complete collection is 75% off right now so i was wondering how polished is the mod for it, also i've heard something about Epoch. so are there multiple dayz mods on arma 2. should I even bother or has everyone moved on to arma 3. i already have SA but since there isn't a lot to do wanted to get my fix somewhere else if possible.

I had alot of fun with the mod. Last time i player there was plenty of servers. I think its worth it considering the price and theres alot of more stuff to do than in SA, Theres also a shit Load of other mods besides epoch.

• Like 1

The mods have more features than Standalone does. So if you're not interested in testing, you might want to pick it up, especially if you're not planning on playing other games.

• Like 1

90% of the arma 3 mod stuff for DayZ has been ported from A2 (AFAIK). In fact at one point the A3 DayZ mod needed you to have A2 so you could copy a great deal of files over like the map and several objects. I don't know if this is still the case. Modding for A3 is still in it's infancy compared to A2, Look at the stuff coming out for A2 when A3 was being announced, Total conversion mods and the like. A3 is still just getting all these custom maps and skins that just about every MP game gets within the first year or 2.

IMO. Get A2, it is worth it.

• Like 1

Plenty of folks still play the mod, myself included. Epoch and Origins are my favorite. Fun as hell while we wait for SA to be more complete.

• Like 1

I actually just stole a pretty well loaded Ural on the public hive for the mod with a good number of people on the server.  :D