AcucracK

SD Ammo Spawning

As it is right now, it seems that in order to find ammo for you silenced guns, such as the M4A1 Camo SD or the M9 SD, you have to find the actual gun again itself and take the clips that are typically piled on top of it.

It's rare right now that you find any ammo for these SD weapons when raiding any location. I've put in about 100 hours of in game time and have only seen ammo for these weapons when you actually find the weapon itself.

Some ideas I had to resolve this:

Set it so ammo for these types of weapons spawn on their own like other weapons in the game. As it is now, at least in my experience, these types of ammo do not spawn on their own, only with the weapon itself.

Allow these SD weapons to fire the non SD ammo type, maybe with some sort of penalty. Perhaps an increase in the noise made when shooting or a reduction in accuracy.

I've found mags for both the M9 SD and the M4SD without the gun, often in Stary or the NW airfield. They are rare, but it is possible. I had an M4SD for about a week once and i was able to maintain a reasonable ammo count by looting these military base locations on a regular basis.

Haven't found any in the last few days though, so maybe one of the recent patches changed things?

Yeah I am not 100% sure. All I know is I play with a group of friends, about 7 of us, and we typically can only find ammo for these SD guns when we find the actual gun itself again. We have raided airfields, military bases, as well as the larger city's and never found the ammo by itself.

Deer Stands have a small chance of dropping SD Ammo separate from the gun, as well as military zombies. I've kept myself supplied with a MP5SD6 by searching those locations. I think the mechanic you are suggesting already exists.

Deer Stands have a small chance of dropping SD Ammo separate from the gun' date=' as well as military zombies. I've kept myself supplied with a MP5SD6 by searching those locations. I think the mechanic you are suggesting already exists.

[/quote']

Maybe but these guns also need to be able to shoot non "SD" ammo. They'd be louder, though, but definitely needs to happen. Current set up is dumb.

I actually had one guy argue with me in the game that in real life if you tried to use a silenced M4 with regular 5.56 ammo it wouldn't fire. He said his best friends were navy seals (or something) and told him that.

Maybe but these guns also need to be able to shoot non "SD" ammo. They'd be louder' date=' though, but definitely needs to happen. Current set up is dumb.

I actually had one guy argue with me in the game that in real life if you tried to use a silenced M4 with regular 5.56 ammo it wouldn't fire. He said his best friends were navy seals (or something) and told him that.

[/quote']

Actually, irl, an MP5SD is designed to shoot regular supersonic rounds as apposed to subsonic rounds which most other suppressed weapons are meant to use, but you need a specific type of suppressor to do this.

ammo box in crashed heli we have found a few and have approx 50 mags just from heli spawns.

Sorry if is a dumb question, but, what's the difference between SD mags and normal mags?

Sorry if is a dumb question' date=' but, what's the difference between SD mags and normal mags?

[/quote']

SD rounds travel at subsonic velocities (they don't break the sound barrier) so they don't cause a sonic boom when fired and, therefore, make less noise than a standard round.

Sorry if is a dumb question' date=' but, what's the difference between SD mags and normal mags?

[/quote']

SD rounds travel at subsonic velocities (they don't break the sound barrier) so they don't cause a sonic boom when fired and, therefore, make less noise than a standard round.

But the answer to his questions is "There is no difference between SD mags and normal mags". It's the rounds inside the mags that are different.