Aparatus

Quick Noob Question

I tried out DayZ a while back. At the time I bought the Arma Collection in order to play the mod. So here is my question: In order for me to play now, do I need to buy the standalone game?

Thanks!

Arma based mod - one game
Standalone - another
So - yes

Edited by Electi

Unless you still want to play the mod. You can.

Playing the mod, you won't experience the "alpha raging", but you will experience a power quality product.

If you want to buy the SA in the future, anyway, I suggest you to buy it now: the price will increase in the future.

the SA is fun for a bit but get's old quick. Only so many times you can die and gear up before wanting more.

Thanks for the replies.  Buying the SA now is basically buying the final game when it is released correct?

Thanks for the replies.  Buying the SA now is basically buying the final game when it is released correct?

Yes, but remember in the meantime until it's released, it will be annoying and may cause you to break your computer if you are not patient.  :lol:

However, good investment in the long run.

This may not be the best place for this, but you guys have been very helpful. So...

How do you guys feel about DayZ's current state and the direction it is going? I am trying to get a feel for how things are without scouring the forums. Anything you feel like sharing would be helpful.

There is plenty of YouTube videos to watch before you make your decision, I watched over fifteen hours worth of gameplay footage before I made the choice to buy it just over two weeks ago and I've spent almost 100 hours on the game, good investment I think.

I'd like to share my opinion about the game's current state.
I bought this game on 11 April after I read that the price would go up later. I was introduced to DayZ by my friends and we have had so much fun playing the Mod, so I thought lets see the SA.

All the things I missed from the mod are present in SA, these are:

• Extended clothing, you have actual pieces and can mix them to your liking
  • All houses have interior that can be visited
  • Old buildings reworked to have more accessible rooms (e.g. hospital)
  • Weapons can be customized -> Visually (painting) and by attachments
  • Eating / drinking reworked to have more meaning (being energized increases your blood, etc.)

Of course the mod misses a lot of things for it is only in pre-alpha, we will have vehicles / tents / wildlife etc. later.

All in all: The game will be awesome, has more potential than the mod, more support, better graphics (the engine needs tweaking though).

Personally I purchased it to see how it is going and to try and help the creating of the game. Plus I want to have a solid knowledge of the map.