Bruce (DayZ)

Barbed Wire Getting Annoying

It's all server dependent though, that's the thing. There's over 600 servers out there right now at any given time. I used to be one of the people who would say it wasn't a big deal also, but I've been doing some jumping around lately and there is barbwire everywhere.

Personally, I think he should just can the feature until it's refined because it's terrible trying to find any supplies, especially when you can only loot 5-6 buildings in a town and every single one is wired off

It would be helped somewhat if spawn locations were a bit more random and erratic I guess.

mechanic is clearly broken at the moment. barbed wire needs to go! bring it back at a later point, when there's the right mechanic for it.

It's obvious that Barbed Wire and all that stuff needs to be removed from the game at this time.

It's not realistic.

It's not fun.

It's just abused by retarded individuals.

I walked into a barracks today. It was QUADRUPLE stacked with sandbags, i had to remove 4 sandbags on the same position. The sandbag and barbed wire should be incapable of being placed inside buildings, or around them to prevent blockage.

Otherwise I put my vote with the temp removal of the items.

I hate it when kids whine about barbed wire and how much of an "obstacle" it is - DUH! THATS THE WHOLE POINT. Deal with it, don't whine about it.

I guess it's called ''meta-gaming''

And, have you people tried jumping over barbed wire in real life? Yeah, it's barbed fucking wire, it's supposed to block shit, you can't just jump over it and pretend it's not there, shit's tall and it hurts.

You don't like it? Then leave.

Simple as that. The game is suppose to be realistic, without a toolbox you could not remove a bolted barb wire kit in real life, so why should you be able to in the game? I think its fine, possibly make them a bit more rare, but other then that they are fine. The wire does its job, as it would in real life.

The barbed wire isn't the issue, the server hopping and exploitation is the issue. Fix server hopping and we have no issue.

And' date=' have you people tried jumping over barbed wire in real life? Yeah, it's barbed fucking wire, it's supposed to block shit, you can't just jump over it and pretend it's not there, shit's tall and it hurts.[/i']
---------------

You don't like it? Then leave.

Simple as that. The game is suppose to be realistic' date=' without a toolbox you could not remove a bolted barb wire kit in real life, so why should you be able to in the game? I think its fine, possibly make them a bit more rare, but other then that they are fine. The wire does its job, as it would in real life.[/i']

---------------

Realism eh?

1.You could use a couple of sticks to flatten it.

2.You could use a dead body to flatten it.

3.You could even shoot the wire! (PING! ahh my eyes!)

4.You could use your hatchet to knock down the spikes.

5.You could carefully use your boot to flatten it.

6.You could dive over it (admittedly with a heavy pack on your back you would probably belly flop into it and it would be hilarious)

7.You could drop your pack onto it to flatten it.

8.You could wrap your shirt around your hand and carefully disassemble it.

9.You could run straight into it as fast as you can (seriously I've seen this and he only got a few scrapes from when it tripped him up)

All barbed wire does right now is encourage people server hop.

Ive notice barbwire spawning alot more, like 5 wires in one building type more...

ok sure that would be great when im trying to fortify a building or a tent city. not my style of play but watever.

i have found ONE building(whole town was actually, if it wasnt a dupe glitch very impressive) that was actually fortified to RESTRICT entry and give strategic advantage. They left one entrance with sandbags. Was abandoned but looked cool.

but what the fuck is with people blocking off buildings/fire station towers etc.... with wire so no one can get up there. I kept waiting to be shot as if the wire was so elaborate trap to lure me in for the easy kill ....nothing ...ever. just wirefence in a building....

WHY DO PEOPLE BLOCK A BUILDING THEN LEAVE IT!!!!!!

are they just assholes? or is barring anyone else who comes to that server from raiding that building somehow part of a grand strategy of withholding resources from the enemy

@zor. That doesn't work most of the time. Anyway I think its just annoying trolls thinking its cool or something in that category.

i could v dance all night and not get over the barb wire

sandbags yes,

barbwire never ever been able to just 'v' over it, certainly not for lack of trying.

I hate it when kids whine about barbed wire and how much of an "obstacle" it is - DUH! THATS THE WHOLE POINT. Deal with it' date=' don't whine about it.

[/quote']

Bro you are missing the main argument here... have you seen the amount of barb wire in a town? have you seen players put it in placed where you cant jump over it or try thirty min to take it down? i mean you must be sheltered inside the northern barracks or something with barb wire at the door looting for stuff... come on man its not whining were trying to increase and promote betetr game play for this thing called an ALPHA and we are here to correct shit like this for the BETA. server hop once... ok... serve hop twice... get a life... server hop three times disown the game

The real issue isn't the Barbed Wire itself, but the fact that it respawns every server reset. So I can use my toolkit to completely empty Cherno and Elektro of wire only to have it all magically reappear after the server resets rendering my work pointless. This also lets the wire build up over time since no matter how much is removed, the amount can only increase.

They block the building because they server hop all over and it better insures them that they won't spawn in next to other players and be killed. Getting rid of barbwire and tank traps just all together I think is a great idea, personally....sandbags, sure....but getting rid of the wire and tank traps would go a long way to deal with the server hopping issues.

I've ran into many cases where I just can't get into the higher yield buildings AT ALL on some servers, unless I'm lucky enough to have run into a toolkit already.

I've also noticed some ppl just put tank traps in doorways of really low yield places as well just to be a pain in the arse to other survivors just for the sake of it.

The real issue isn't the Barbed Wire itself' date=' but the fact that it respawns every server reset. So I can use my toolkit to completely empty Cherno and Elektro of wire only to have it all magically reappear after the server resets rendering my work pointless. This also lets the wire build up over time since no matter how much is removed, the amount can only increase.

[/quote']

Confirming, I went around my server removing barbed wire 2 seperate times, all came back after a restart. Annoying.

Thanks for posting this issue OP, because as of right now its just ridiculous. I've had same experiences. Respawn, run to nearest city for supplies & half the city is cut off with barbed wire. Only entrance is chokepoint for griefers. It either needs to be removed entirely or limited in quantity.

The biggest issue with barbed wire will be gone when 1.7.2 hits.

Target date is Monday. Backup is for Saturday during offpeak time.

[FIXED] Unlimited Wire fence/Sandbag/Tank Trap Bug ( https://dev-heaven.net/issues/34283 )

[FIXED] Duplication Exploit on object pickup ( https://dev-heaven.net/issues/34031 )

Deep breaths people. Barbed wire is silly now, because there are two exploits open that are letting people get/use nearly unlimited amounts of wire.

Its part of the game and it is realistic. If you do not like it then perhaps DayZ is not the right mod for you.

are you high

I still stand by my "barbed wire disappears after x amount of time after the original owner leaves the server, unless someone comes by and "saves it" themselves." that way you can still have your temp base, still leave and let someone else have it...and then have it all cleaned up after you all leave the server.

Got rid of my first barbed wire with the tool kit yesterday. The zombies were closing in on me and my cousin. He was frantically keeping an eye on the zeds while I waved my head around desperately trying to find the remove icon. I actually shouted for joy when I sucessfully found the icon. It was at the top of one of the "sticks" on the barbed wire.

The wires and sandbags need to go. They're totally not ready for primetime yet. Take them out because only the exploiters currently use them, then do a "construction" pass on the game later down the line and put all that stuff in the engine in usable form.