Bruce (DayZ)

Barbed Wire Getting Annoying

I've never came across barbed wire I couldn't take down just a shit load blocking the same door it's annoying but easy to deal with

Its part of the game and it is realistic. If you do not like it then perhaps DayZ is not the right mod for you.

Are you trolling or are you serious? If you are serious then you are a retarded moron, dear Sir !

Its part of the game and it is realistic. If you do not like it then perhaps DayZ is not the right mod for you.

VERY stupid argument, so easily dismantled. Dont talk about realism unless you apply it on a global scale. This game HAS to have limitations on its realism because it wouldnt work otherwise.

You should not be able to place barbed wire and tank traps in or near buildings. I think that would be a good fix. But i still want to be able to place five layers of it around my tent camp somewhere in the wilderness :D

I'm basically replying to bump this up because I played for 2 hours and everytime I tried to enter a building and it was sealed off due to barbed wire. Zombies then fucking see me and eat my testicles...

I'm really annoyed...

How dull can you pro-barbed wire lovers be?

The issue is it's possible to setup the barbed wire so there is no way it can be taken down. IE the extremelly small area you need to hover your mouse over is put in a wall or the ground.

As long as you are able to take it down with the proper tools I'm fine with it. I don't like the server jumping but not much you can do about that.

I'd like to see the wire cutters introduced as well, or implemented as a function in to the tool box. I'm fine with the construction/deconstruction taking a while, but something needs to be done to mitigate how broken it is.

I agree with the wire-cutter idea. I know some of you guys in this thread have dealt with either barbed wire or concertina wire in the past so I think you'll agree with this: how about we make it so you don't need a tool to dismantle wire...just make it a longer animation.

Triple-strand or wire fences may be significant obstacles but single-strand wire on the ground is not. You can easily separate coils, jump over it, or remove the tie-downs. Other than purpose-built wire gloves (which you don't REALLY need if you're in a rush) there is no special equipment required to set up or take down a wire obstacle.

I only read 3 pages into the thread so I don't know if this has been mentioned yet (it seemed like a lot of redundant arguing in circles so I only read a few pages, sorry).

~PlutoniumPlague

I love how people try to rationalize this with some BS. At least come on and say FU my clan wants to build a tent city more than we care about the hoppers ruining your game. You might come of as selfish, but its better than looking like a griefer (like most of you do now).

I agree with the wire-cutter idea. I know some of you guys in this thread have dealt with either barbed wire or concertina wire in the past so I think you'll agree with this: how about we make it so you don't need a tool to dismantle wire...just make it a longer animation.

Triple-strand or wire fences may be significant obstacles but single-strand wire on the ground is not. You can easily separate coils' date=' jump over it, or remove the tie-downs. Other than purpose-built wire gloves (which you don't REALLY need if you're in a rush) there is no special equipment required to set up or take down a wire obstacle.

I only read 3 pages into the thread so I don't know if this has been mentioned yet (it seemed like a lot of redundant arguing in circles so I only read a few pages, sorry).

~PlutoniumPlague

[/quote']

You're 100% right, really a decent compromise would be to remove the need to even take it down and just have you move really slow through it, since really that's the intended purpose. Although I don't know if the engine allows for that sort of thing without some heavy coding.

Would be nice if you could walk through it, but with some PAIN / bleeding... might even be forced prone by the time you get to the other side. Same effect on Zeds should be enforced - since they run straight through it atm :(

I would rather it be removed. I mean zombies can move through it and players cant get over it. Sandbags are better. You can jump over them and Im pretty sure zombies cant get past them.

Its only "legitimate" use in this game right now is to facilitate server hopping. Remove it already!

Perhaps we should reclassify this as a barbed wire simulator because that's all I've found today are barbed off loot spots I can't access.

Perhaps we should reclassify this as a barbed wire simulator because that's all I've found today are barbed off loot spots I can't access.

It surely made me laugh :P

Though, indeed, I'm not using the barb wire for camps at all, since it's just better to hide your tents in bushes and trees. Barbed wire serve no purpose in defense at all and only make your camp more visible. Might be practical when you're having an off-map camp, though since I consider that cheating, wire serves no purpose at all.

Today i had to swich 16 servers just to get out of market in berazino....this is getting fuckt up :( rocket you ahve to remove this or find a salution its destroying the game

This crap has ruined the game.

It is just a tool for greifing server hoppers and serves no purpose for legitimate players.

The sooner it is removed/limited the better.

I find it hard to fathom how fucked up the gaming community actually is these days, all they want to do is ruin it for everyone else to gain some advantage for themselves.

Remove it until a work around can be found, at least we can vault sandbags.

I don't know about you guys, but I have no problem vaulting over barbed wire when I come across it. Usually I have to be running full speed and standing up for it to work, but rarely do I come across one that I can't get over. This of course is annoying in its own right, as you are making quite a ruckus in doing so.

I agree, though, that it is a problem, and it should be reworked. When I have a toolbox, I take down all fences and sandbags I come across, as a gift to the community.

I don't know about you guys' date=' but I have no problem vaulting over barbed wire when I come across it. Usually I have to be running full speed and standing up for it to work, but rarely do I come across one that I can't get over. This of course is annoying in its own right, as you are making quite a ruckus in doing so.

I agree, though, that it is a problem, and it should be reworked. When I have a toolbox, I take down all fences and sandbags I come across, as a gift to the community.

[/quote']

People can place it so you can't vault it, sometimes I can vault it and sometimes I can't. Usually if I can't vault it, then I can't cut it with a toolbox. People are just doing it to grief people for absolutely no reason, it's stupid as hell and needs fixing.

I already posted that I agreed with the sentiment on this thread that wire be either removed temporarily or overhauled...but...

just had a thought...

I hate how wire is exploited in the game but the inner-troll in me would love to lay wire all along the southern and eastern coastline lol... Yea, it would be a dick move...but again the troll in me would love to see it if anyone has already done this or plans to do so...pics or it didn't happen!!!

I make it a practice now to take down any wire fences I find.

Its been said 100 times, yea i agree, barbed wire is a pain.

People are talking about removing it, making it more rare, or easier to take down. Well, i have another solution that should keep everyone happy. Why don't we add an option that would say something like: (crawl past barbed wire) It would be an action that would take 30 seconds (maybe longer depending on what the rest of the community thinks) and once the action was complete, you would be on the other side of the wire. This way, server hoppers wont be able to completely seal off buildings, and people could still use them to make bases that would be extremely difficult/dangerous to penetrate.

What do we think?

I've found barbed wire fence kits in every one my my DayZ-lives (3 so far :P ) but never a toolkit to use the rolls. Does a fence kit offer unlimited amount of fence-meters? Or is this limited?

My idea is to make barbed wire much more rarer and to introduce a kind of cutter, which takes about 10sec to remove a fence. Blocked entrances shouldn't be much a problem then, but barbed wire fence could still be used to build a camp (10sec are a long time when you are shot at). :)