Bruce (DayZ)

Barbed Wire Getting Annoying

So my character has been alive for long enough. i had an extremely good kit and wasn't feeling the need to be alive any more and wanted to see what it was like spawning with nothing (for lack of a better term... i was getting bored). So i died and spawned in on the ocean. Remembering the days of when i was inexperienced and trying to survive. it restarted the fire per say. Luckily i spawned in electro not having to run a far distance to find some half way decent loot and start my adventurous journey around the map. i run to the first building i see which happens to be the fire house. i run in and see there is three different barbed wire objects in front of the opening to the stairwell. i try to hurdle over them at least seven times and i get no where. like they are too high. i say fuck it and head to the market same thing. walk across the street to the restaurant, what do you know, same fucking thing. so i decide to hop to a different server and all the buildings were unenterable because of the barb wire. i havent been to electro or cherno in a while but i feel like the barbed wire in this game is being abused and i have yet to see it used in any tactical sense of this game... anyone else experience this when tryin to loot a town?

Yes. Especially firehouses are being sealed off by serverhoppers, so they can keep the loot for themselves. The barbed wire is also often placed in odd ways, making it impossible to remove it from the outside.

Seriously, this is getting ridiculous. It needs to be easier to remove barbed wire (you shouldn't have to aim at a tiny area) and it also needs to be made less common. As of now, it's readily available in both firehouses and markets from what I have seen. Hell, I would not mind it being removed altogether until it has been sorted out.

When I first started playing this game I loved the idea of barb wire fences and sand bags. You could totally make yourself a little base somewhere.

I wish that was what people did with them. OP is right, this is starting to get stupid. But aside from just removing those items from the game, or periodic server wipes (which, outside of alpha or even beta would anger people) there's not a whole lot to be done.

As of now' date=' it's readily available in both firehouses and markets from what I have seen. Hell, I would not mind it being removed altogether until it has been sorted out.

[/quote']

Agreed. Maybe temp removal of them is the best option till this gets all sorted out. As is, they aren't really being used for anything positive.

Yes. Especially firehouses are being sealed off by serverhoppers' date=' so they can keep the loot for themselves. The barbed wire is also often placed in odd ways, making it impossible to remove it from the outside.

Seriously, this is getting ridiculous. It needs to be easier to remove barbed wire (you shouldn't have to aim at a tiny area) and it also needs to be made less common. As of now, it's readily available in both firehouses and markets from what I have seen. Hell, I would not mind it being removed altogether until it has been sorted out.

[/quote']

yeah i agree, it doesnt really serve any purpose and i fully agree

Its part of the game and it is realistic. If you do not like it then perhaps DayZ is not the right mod for you.

I have the solution, pretty simple. Like in ACE add to this mod WIRE CUTTER. If someone can build a fence of some sort i don't see why someone else with the right tool couldn't take it down. Does this sound logical to you too?

Its part of the game and it is realistic. If you do not like it then perhaps DayZ is not the right mod for you.

Even the dota/ LOL communitys are less (just) full of self rightouse 'geeks'.

OP, it's a valid point bud.

This argument again. Placing barbed wire for the purpose of server hopping is NOT part of the game.

What is realistic about a doorway being closed down with a magical, indestructible wire that is not removable with a wire fencing kit due to clever positioning?

I have actually set up and cleared NATO wire and believe me, there's nothing magical about it.

It's an engine exploit, simple as that.

I hate barbed wire. I manged to get to the top of the fire house in electro so that I could reach a couple loot piles. I managed to grab an AK, but I only had one clip and the other piles were out of reach. But I could only get a clip because of the barbed wire blocking the way. As if my character can't step over some barbed wire.

You are right. I like most things about DayZ, but I just can't handle its barbed wire and how realistic it is, so I'd best just quit. I'll try to avoid mods that have awesomely realistic barbed wire in the future.

What is realistic about a doorway being closed down with a magical' date=' indestructible wire that is not removable with a wire fencing kit due to clever positioning?

I have actually set up and cleared NATO wire and believe me, there's nothing magical about it.

It's an engine exploit, simple as that.

[/quote']

I wonder where these people come from that they think the shit in this game is realistic.

You'll always find at least one guy who thinks the most ridiculous shit is just realism at its best, "That's just how barbed wire works man!"

As if my character can't step over some barbed wire.

try stepping over barbed wire IRL and see wut happens

Whine all you want about game mechanics because it does not suit you but it's still there.

Make it so tool kits spawn much more often. I MEAN MUCH MORE OFTEN!

Who does not have tools in their household? In a city full of houses these things should be everywhere man.

As if my character can't step over some barbed wire.

try stepping over barbed wire IRL and see wut happens

actually it's pretty easy. especially if it were in a coil like in the game. you just (carefully) walk between the coils. sure if it's on top of a fence it provides a bigger challenge. but a coil of barbed wire on the ground, not so much

Whine all you want about game mechanics because it does not suit you but it's still there.

You are clearly a server hopper.

In realise there are many ways to get pact the wire like how it is used.

From using branches from a tree to pulling out the legs of it with your hand carefully.

some people use it for the wrong reasons... and your probably one of them. ive walked through electro in at least six servers and every single building has been blocked off. how is it fair to other players if all the buildings are blocked off..?

im not whining about anything. this thread was mainly created to see how many other people feel the same way i do, to see why people do it, and see what can be or will be done about it.

now you can defend the barb wire all day long to keep it your advantage but in the end it is a flawed engine

What about other ways to take it out? Like adding small explosives. As long as they can be remote detonated, the noise should not be a huge issue. In fact, a selection of small clearing charges that can be found or made plus larger ones for destroying larger targets would be great. Maybe even some form of tripwire based IED's. People would run around a lot less if they thought they may trip over a wire and blow them selves up.

What about other ways to take it out? Like adding small explosives. As long as they can be remote detonated' date=' the noise should not be a huge issue. In fact, a selection of small clearing charges that can be found or made plus larger ones for destroying larger targets would be great. Maybe even some form of tripwire based IED's. People would run around a lot less if they thought they may trip over a wire and blow them selves up.

[/quote']

this is very interesting and could be done but i think to just solve the barb wire issue either a tool or making it easier to move the barb wire needs to be implemented. but the ied thing sounds awesome... but then again i think it may be a little drastic in a zombie apocalypse

do you even read old posts? I 'll say it again, new tool, wire cutter, if you have it you can cut that shit up! The tool is already in ACE mod so not even hard to import it here.

do you even read old posts? I 'll say it again' date=' new tool, wire cutter, if you have it you can cut that shit up! The tool is already in ACE mod so not even hard to import it here.

[/quote']

but what if a player respawns and all the buildings just so happen to be covered in barb wire by some bored player?

if the wire cutters are gonna be a new addition i think they should be easy to find.

And these are the people that are ruining the game for the sensible people out there.