Sign in to follow this  
Demonica

Skalisty Island Questions

Hey Guys, a few Questions about Skalisty Island.

I decided today to visit it for the very first time. After I swam over and reached it, my backpack glitched and I thought I had lost it, but it unglitched and was on my back where it belonged after about 20 seconds.

So: Is it still true (or was it ever) that you can lose items when swimming?

And: Apart from snipers, is it very often visited?

What are your reasons to go there? Any fun stories? Is it worth the swim to set up camp there for awhile? How many people have you encountered over there? How many Zeds? (I haven't seen any so far, do they spawn over there at all?

Let's hear it :-)

Not sure what the plans are for it but in the mod mods (oh shit I have gone cross eyed) there was a military camp. The last time I went there was at the beginning of the alpha, there was nothing there and I haven't heard of that changing. So its a no go for me at the moment however I do hope they come up with something creative to enable a reason to go there again

When I was a total newb back in January I decided to check out that shipwreck to see if there was any loot on it... nothing at all there for sure. But I decided to search the rest of the island and even at this stage way back then they had zombie spawns there. It was actually one of my first zombie encounters and I think after discovering there was no loot in any of the houses there or the lighthouse ( :P) I bled out after getting hit cos I didn't know you could tear up your shirt for rags lol... Ahhh the days of discovery and exploration ;)

Edited by tatchell

When I was a total newb back in January I decided to check out that shipwreck to see if there was any loot on it... nothing at all there for sure. But I decided to search the rest of the island and even at this stage way back then they had zombie spawns there. It was actually one of my first zombie encounters and I think after discovering there was no loot in any of the houses there or the lighthouse ( :P) I bled out after getting hit cos I didn't know you could tear up your shirt for rags lol... Ahhh the days of discovery and exploration ;)

You can't lose your items from swimming, unless you really glitch out which is quite rare at least in my experiences.

• Like 1

You can't lose your items from swimming, unless you really glitch out which is quite rare at least in my experiences.

Did you mean to quote OP?

You will drop a gun if you have two main weapons equipped. 

Did you mean to quote OP?

Didn't matter what I quoted, as long as you got the message ;)

*PS I was really just too lazy to scroll up #CouchPotato

Dude I've got an awesome Skalitsky story. A couple nights ago on a Mod server I play on a sqaudie and I were flyin around the server and checkin out the buildings and such that the server owner scripted in and we decided to do a fly by of the island to see what was up there. We found a couple military tents, a couple houses, an apartment building and a market on top of which was parked a Huey. I pulled my bird up as close to the Huey as I could and my copilot was able to get out onto the roof and fly that heli away.

I was laughing so hard thinking about how pissed off the owner of that heli was gonna be when he logged in the next day just to find out that he was stuck up there that I almost crashed HAHAHA :D A real dick move I know but I just couldn't help it :)

Water hates people. I've lost my weapon and my backpack countless times, but always near the shore where it's possible to crouch in thew water and reach, but extremely difficult. Ponds, the ocean, any water body hates me.

Early days in the mod, swimming stole all of your shit except your pistol, tool belt, bandage/pistol ammo.

I accidentaly swam to skalitsky in SA... I thought it was just the shipwreck not rendering XD

There were zombies EVERYWHERE but NO LOOT SPAWNS XD

I was too lazy to swim back, so I just starved myself.