Sign in to follow this  
rydekk

DayZ SA miniseries ; DayZ Desperation

Day_Z_Desperation_By_Calyx.jpg

(Logo made by Calyx)

Hello guys. This topic is a bit of a plea for help, a plea for attention and a plea of advice.

A couple of months ago, i've written a topic about seeking people for a dayZ movie. It was well recieved and many replied. However, after a couple of changes in the story, duration and what we want to make. I've decided to turn the original DayZ movie into a small webseries ranging from 5 to 15 minutes in length. With the current draft made, and the first episodes on paper. It's time for us to go in development and turn something on paper to reality.

DayZ DESPERATION:

4 Survivors of a zombie apocalypse find themselves together to fight of the hordes of creatures who are constantly stalking them in chernarus.

There are currently 4 episodes planned;

"Jayce"

"Stavros"

"Sergey & Kiril"

"Answers"

These 4 episodes are basicly a showcase and a test to wether or not you like it once we're done.

Why am i telling you this?

Because I need your help in accomplishing this.

Even though i already have a decent amount of people able. The thing i'm lacking the most are voice actors.

I need voice actors from both genders able to do some volunteering work. Aswel with additional body actors ( people who are ingame). the same goes for eventually for a "private" server that we can lend for a day just so we can not be bothered by eventual other players who know nothing about what we do.

There are, however certain restrictions and special needs.

Voice acting:

We need people who can speak russian or have a strong russian accent to use ( since it's all in chernarus, i don't want bloody yankees as the native people there :D)

16+ only

Must have a decent microphone to use.

Body acting:

Needs to be available when asked (I will inform you 3 days before we film stuff)

Must have skype/teamspeak

Age 16+ ( this is because I don't want to mess around much.)

Eventual server:

If you have a server you can lease to us for free. In other terms, use for a day or 3. please PM me!

Everybody participating will be credited in the end credits after each episode.

Now, as the script is still a "draft". Some changes can be done.

I would ask everybody here reading this, to post an opinion on what the series should be about. In other terms;

Should it contain a lot of action? Or more story driven? Your personal opinion ;)

Now that's it for now. Everybody willing to help PM me or post it in the comment below ;)

Also; here's the movie group

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/Retrostudios

Any questions can be asked down below ;)

I'll be bumping this now. 

Hey dude this sounds awesome! I've always wanted to see a good well made in-game story / movie. The live actions are all fun yes, but the acting is pretty embarrassing, like that one on youtube --->

But yeah in-game has the advantage over this kind of production. And I don't think I've found any particularly good ones on youtube so far (anyone got any to share?).

Although I have little to offer besides what I've been told is a good Russian / eastern European accent, I would say that as a viewer I'd prefer something that was more story focused and had depth to it than something that was merely about action shots. We've all played DayZ (anyone who watches) and we've therefore all had some pretty good experience with in game combat so what I'd like to (and I reckon most others) would want would be less of this and more plot focus.

When do you think this will be finished roughly?

Anyways, good luck to you!

Edited by tatchell

Hey dude this sounds awesome! I've always wanted to see a good well made in-game story / movie. The live actions are all fun yes, but the acting is pretty embarrassing, like that one on youtube --->

But yeah in-game has the advantage over this kind of production. And I don't think I've found any particularly good ones on youtube so far (anyone got any to share?).

Although I have little to offer besides what I've been told is a good Russian / eastern European accent, I would say that as a viewer I'd prefer something that was more story focused and had depth to it than something that was merely about action shots. We've all played DayZ (anyone who watches) and we've therefore all had some pretty good experience with in game combat so what I'd like to (and I reckon most others) would want would be less of this and more plot focus.

When do you think this will be finished roughly?

Anyways, good luck to you!

Thank you for the opinion! 

I've currently set no real date on this project. there has been a moment or two where i almost decided to scrap this project entirely. However, i'm working on it now. So far, a rough draft has been finalized and from there on a decent script to use. And from there, video recording and editing. I've calculated that these episodes should be ready around August/september. Just to get everything done. So it's still a while for those 4 episodes. But then again, these are mere calculations. The more people willing to work on this project. The less time it will take for me to finish it ;).

Well... Still looking for peeps in for the project! We're not looking for experienced voice actors. Anybody who has a decent microphone and the ability to speak can apply! :D

Script is finished. Now we're starting to record. :D if only we had a privy server though :(