piggypotpie

Sun position

Rises in the east, sets in the west.

In dayz it rises in the SE and sets in the SW which is weird as hell but "apparently" accurate.

• Like 1

In dayz it rises in the SE and sets in the SW which is weird as hell but "apparently" accurate.

Precisely, starts in 3 valleys then works over.

Don't rely on the sun for direction anymore. Since they changed around reset times and all that it has ended up with me lost in the middle of nowhere too many times now. I actually started carrying a compass again

Don't know if still possible but with a compass and pointing it at the sun you could actually (ish) tell the time.

I have no idea if this is just me, but in the mod, it clearly used to set hard west. Now it's clearly southwest. Might just be me, I dunno.

Either way, I haven't used the sun to navigate in a long time. Which is sort of sad, memorizing the entire map sort of does that.

You can have mine, I literally have no use for it. 

Thanks, but I fell for that one before....."Thanks, for the beans, man." -BANG- fade to black. "motherfucker"

Thanks, but I fell for that one before....."Thanks, for the beans, man." -BANG- fade to black. "motherfucker"

I am a medic, the only thing I kill is pipsi and jelly beans unless someone goes boom, boom at me.

• Like 1

I tired being a "pacifist". Didn't even carry a weapon. Still got smoked

I tired being a "pacifist". Didn't even carry a weapon. Still got smoked

Its not for the faint of heart, it used to be alot more fun in the mod with a less complex medical system.  I've had pretty good luck meeting up with new players, there are always the times when I get wiped across the pavement but I dont mind.

lel, the time is all I need to navigate.

all these alt tabbing maps people use...such newb.  :lol:

Edited by Geckofrog7

Clouds move east to west or west to east.  Can never remember.  Often gets me lost.

So turn ya clouds back on...

Checked this with a compass yesterday and had my buddy confirm it. It rises in the S/SE and sets in the S/SW.