Hi, I just bought DayZ and I find the movement really weird, like.. I can't even aim with my crosshair, I have to align the whole body to it. And when I try to turn sideways, only my head turns to look there, not my whole body. If I try to press S and D at the same time my guy doesn't even turn around.

I think I clicked something? Can you help?

I think it is one of the ALT buttons.

one is       Look

the other is     Free Look

I move mine around but thinking U just need to hit one of them and will be good to go.

• Like 1

Hi, I just bought DayZ and I find the movement really weird, like.. I can't even aim with my crosshair, I have to align the whole body to it. And when I try to turn sideways, only my head turns to look there, not my whole body. If I try to press S and D at the same time my guy doesn't even turn around.

I think I clicked something? Can you help?

In time you will get accustomed to the controls, just like any other game. The reason you might have difficulty turning your body is because you have your LOOK key on. Dayz gives you the option to rotate your head and look around without moving your entire body. The default keybinding for this action is Left Alt. If you are holding Left Alt, your player is in LOOK mode. Release it to stop looking. Although, if you double tap Left Alt, it will lock your player into LOOK mode. Just double tap Left Alt again to get out of it. You can change the assignments for each keybind in the options so read through the controls to get a feel for what they do. Also, the reason why pressing S and D at the same time doesn't make your player turn is because they do not work that way. It will make your player walk backward and towards your right. To turn, you must move the mouse left and right. Try going in first person and seeing if that helps with movement. If you still have questions, leave a reply or PM me with details on what is concerning you :)

• Like 1

Yes... that's it. Like Shad0H4wk says.

double click the left ALT.   

couldn't remember what it was default.

It is the lecft alt button by default.  Double click like the Gentlemen say. 

I found this out the hard way when I thought I would be clever and try starting a firefight.  To make a long story short, i end up running through Elektro fields straight ahead, screaming out of terror in direct as I hear *pop-pop-pop* and bullets  hitting all around me.  All I could do was look around and run in one direction.