wildkingler

actually became a zombie game!

last night when i got 1 shotted from healthy status by a zombie while being the only person in the server!!! glad this game got hard for once.

alright.. well thats, good?

last night when i got 1 shotted from healthy status by a zombie while being the only person in the server!!! glad this game got hard for once.

stock-vector-cartoon-zombie-soldier-with
  • Like 4

One shotted by zombie sucks, i hope you lagged and died from multiple hits

zero lag. zero desync. just pure clean sound of 1 punch 1 kill in the forest near nwaf on a 1 pop server at 3 am local time. (looking for that elusive acog).  of course this has been a rough day with a spawn in the sky = death and a random spawn on the coast with no "you are dead" screen.  i guess ill keep on looting.

we had a topic here last week about this very thing. I have transitioned to replacing my cowboy hat with a more protective headgear now. I got one-shotted at least twice before making the change. they can still break limbs in a single shot, but haven't died with a hard-hat(or better) on, not yet anyway.

we had a topic here last week about this very thing. I have transitioned to replacing my cowboy hat with a more protective headgear now. I got one-shotted at least twice before making the change. they can still break limbs in a single shot, but haven't died with a hard-hat(or better) on, not yet anyway.

thanks for the tip. for informational purposes i had a boonie hat on. 

also was wearing a ttsko jacket with assault vest and beige cargo pants with pristine jungle boots. the pants were ruined. 

I have noticed that the better you gear (clothing) the more abuse you can take from a Z. Try to get everything as close to pristine as poss and use the sewing kit, yea I know, its a wife/mothers chore but learn to use it (hoodies, jeans etc) it may be the difference between being a 1 hit wonder & having it away on your toes after a blow.

That's not a good thing.

Dayz could become a fantastic survival game.

As a zombie game it will only be mediocre.

That's not a good thing.

Dayz could become a fantastic survival game.

As a zombie game it will only be mediocre.

eh. Maybe. If they figure out stealth and zombie LOS issues, we can still have hard hitting zombies and decent survival. The problem with the survival aspect is combatting boredom in a video game.
  • Like 3

I have noticed that the better you gear (clothing) the more abuse you can take from a Z. Try to get everything as close to pristine as poss and use the sewing kit, yea I know, its a wife/mothers chore but learn to use it (hoodies, jeans etc) it may be the difference between being a 1 hit wonder & having it away on your toes after a blow.

most constructive comment i've seen in a while. thanks man! great advice!

I have noticed that the better you gear (clothing) the more abuse you can take from a Z

indeed. and this is valid for gunshots or melee attacks from players too.Having all green status help as well - energized, hydrated, healthy

eh. Maybe. If they figure out stealth and zombie LOS issues, we can still have hard hitting zombies and decent survival. The problem with the survival aspect is combatting boredom in a video game.

Dunno if you ever played DayZ+ (it fell out of favor pretty quick in the grand scheme of things) but something as simple as just upping the damage that zombies inflict per hit goes a long way in making them scary/threatening again.

Granted, it sucked in the mod (as it does in the Standalone) when you'd just sort of randomly get hit by zombies and they'd attack through walls. But, approaching an area was something you'd have to think about doing first. Rather than just running in and mowing down all the imbecile zombies.

Once they get the stealth and aggro issues worked out, I think zombies will be able to be much more powerful. Like I said in a post I made a few weeks ago, zombies have to get worse before they get better. They cannot remain guided missiles with 100% access to your exact location when aggro'd.

Once they get the stealth and aggro issues worked out, I think zombies will be able to be much more powerful. 

This times 10.  I'm not complaining at the fact that I died.  I enjoy the challenge... gives me something to do besides go hunt people who are hunting fresh spawns.  I havent had a positive encounter with people in a month due to the fact that there is nothing else to do besides kill other people because you can 1 shot zombies with so many different weapons.