Sign in to follow this  
Dead Arrow

Steam-Friend Spawnings!

-snip-

It isn't a feature.

It's true emergent gameplay.

one funny point in dayz is to get creative when you have a problem.

we have use the sun=our shadows,the ocean and the starmap at night(its the real starmap) to find the shipwreck.

with this problem we have learn the map BY PLAYING THE GAME.-.-

Edited by Kenny Kyle

To me this is part of why the game is fun. It's a challenge. As I play the game more and more (184 hours as of this post), it's quite easy to find my friends. For one, you know they are going to spawn on the beach. All they have to do from there is get on the main road (road with white dotted lines) and read the first white town sign they come across. Then just use a map (like iZurvive or DayzDB) to navigate towards them.

To make it even easier, and safer, log into a low pop server to find them.

I suggest they create a player hub type thing, like x-box live parties, where all the players will meet up beforehand, spawn together, once, if all of you are creating a new life. If at any point you die, as in game, you are spawned in as an entirely different person, with a different story, you would have to meet up. This is entirely realistic, since survivors could be in a group, u just "spawn" in, to continue their lives.

This, I find, is the only realistic way to do this.

Your one chance to spawn with your friend, I suggest all of you take it.

lol, u playing all day just shows u have no life.

apparently u have all the time in the world to argue with people on the forums too.

I didn't come here to complain, I came to agree with the suggestion.

Get a life dude

Where did having a life come into play Lul, we all play video games, we all waste time doing nothing. If anything you need to shut the hell up, grow up, and deal with it. I can get to my friend in 5 minutes. All you need to do is learn the coast, sitting on the forums arguing with others won't help.

Edited by Skyelur

Seriously, take those black glasses of your eyes. I know the terrain and so does my friend. I mean there is nothing new to explore for us, we just simply need to get together once we spawn. We don't play solo, thats the point of it. Get that to your thick skulls and stop saying wasting 20 minutes is something that how it is supposed to be, especially when the two players who spawn at same location would have to travel anyway. Currently it isn't as friendly towards ppl who play with their friends as it is for solo players. Solo can just go off to any direction he wants, we just have no choice but to waste potential gameplay time to traveling.

Some here misunderstand this quite a bit and don't even try to think about it realistically. All you do is spawn at random location like normally you would, but together. You will have to travel normally just like anyone else after that.

Where did having a life come into play Lul, we all play video games, we all waste time doing nothing. If anything you need to shut the hell up, grow up, and deal with it. I can get to my friend in 5 minutes. All you need to do is learn the coast, sitting on the forums arguing with others won't help.

So, basically if there was such function, you wouldn't use it? You would waste your time instead even though there will be nothing for you to explore (once you know the game). Not to mention that if you ever get to work IRL or anything that consumes your time, you'd have more time to spare for this unneccessary traveling, right?

Don't forget that this is place for suggestions and the OP did that, so basically you should "shut up", "grow up" and let him have some real feedback that is constructive. Take your watch out next time when traveling to your friend and don't do suicides <- - shouldn't be part of the game, I mean come on, where in world you do suicides in order to get closer? :)

Your suggestion might seem like a great idea now, but you will learn that there is good reason for different spawns. It is the BEST way for you to learn the terrain and map. You are left to explore the world on your own and figure out the game mechanics. Be aware that you can easily find where you are after spawning because there are 2 things you will always know when you spawn. You are on the coastline somewhere, and there is a road sign which will tell you your location. Once you spawn, have a look around and try to get to know what the place you are at looks like. Once you have that done, head down the road whichever way you want until you come across a blue road sign. The road signs are written in Russian, so make sure you have a translator (I recommend http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=245565949). Once you know where you are, have your friend do the same and find a way to meet up!

It is great idea now and in future as well. It doesn't have to be steam, the idea of spawning together with your friend is just good. Your points doesn't apply to players who have played for couple days. Besides, why do you think that two/three players who start together would discover or explore less than solo player? Because, thats what you are trying to say. They are in same position, they'll start of in random location together but that doesn't take away their traveling just like solo players do. I mean come on...

To me this is part of why the game is fun. It's a challenge. As I play the game more and more (184 hours as of this post), it's quite easy to find my friends. For one, you know they are going to spawn on the beach. All they have to do from there is get on the main road (road with white dotted lines) and read the first white town sign they come across. Then just use a map (like iZurvive or DayzDB) to navigate towards them.

To make it even easier, and safer, log into a low pop server to find them.

Traveling isn't a challenge or anything once you know the game and it isn't taken away even if you start from same location when you spawn. We know that everyone starts of from coastal areas. I know exactly the most efficient way to meet up with your friend and I am saying that is waste of time. Just give us a function to let us meet properly when we both die and start of as fresh spawns. I'd rather not do suicides or run pointlessly, because we'll have to run after meeting each other anyway. Its just extra step.

Edited by Mahado

Why the fuck did you join that conversation? It had nothing to do with you and you obviously didn't bother to find out in what context that was spoken in.  Yea, we all "waste" time playing games, although using the term "waste" is debatable.  Although we all waste time doing "nothing," that doesn't mean we all have all day to play games.  I told him those things after he argued with me for simply agreeing with the OP on the subject and told me he spends all day playing the game, then the argument was dropped.  Stay the fuck out of other people's conversations.

Edited by srgnt.pepper

Use that 20 minutes it takes to meet your friend to do a bit of casual looting, that way the two of you won't be fighting over loot in the same area.

EDIT: Also, harden up and walk.

Edited by The_Monk

I don't think this thread is going anywhere anymore. You guys should think about having a normal discussion at first before throwing insults at each other, no matter how stronlgy you disagree with each others or their suggestions.

Some of you should know better considering the amount of time they have been around.

Locked.

• Like 1