Sign in to follow this  
todd10k

[Not a suggestion] Families in DayZ

This is not a suggestion, merely a discussion on the sliver of an idea that i had. 

Before we begin i must stress I do not at any point consider this to be an even basically functional idea, this is more a thought experiment with the rest of you than anything else.

The logistics of it are really out there in terms of the engine, the dynamics of the game would change at a fundamental level, the idea behind DayZ would be changed completely.

I must also stress that this would never be able to work on the main hive. It' not something that would ever be implimented by any sane developer and/or person.

Anyways, families.

In brief:

Male and female survivors come together to create families. These families bear offspring ( Stick with me on this, it's not going where you think it's going ), these offspring are your next spawn life. When you die you take the role of your son/daughter. Your sons and daughters then have their own families, and so on.

What could this add to DayZ? This could be tied into the survival mechanic, you now have an objective to accomplish. You must provide your family with food, shelter, protection from the world around them. You must protect your woman as she carries your child, and you must protect your homestead from zombies and other players. But how can one man protect his home and still go scavenging/hunting?

He can't. What about when you're logged out? As the human experience grows with DayZ, people naturally group together for protection and trade into basic towns and fortifications. The beginning of civilization. 

What happens if your family is butchered? You'd have to start over again. but what about that one little lost girl, hiding in the woods? Now she's got a score to settle, to avenge her family. Haha, yeah i can't believe i'm writing this either. 

Beans to the first man who suggests this as "The sims: DayZ"

Welp, time to make this into an actual Sims 3 mod.

• Like 1

Beans to the first man who suggests this as "The sims: DayZ"

This is The sims: DayZ.

Pay up....

• Like 2

7Z3vF.png

Well there's your problem.

For real, though, suggestions are for, well, suggestions. If you're looking for discussion, you should head on over to the General Discussion area. I'll move this there for you.

Sounds shit.

Sure! Survive for 9 months straight and you can play as a 2 day old baby in your next life

• Like 1

I commend you on your obvious care for your own family.. but as far as this idea goes, it would really be best for another game, or in the least a mod of the SA. 

But if a game like this came out, I'd play it. ;)

So, it's a discussion of a suggestion that's not a suggestion?   :huh:  :huh:

Kill all humans