Jish (DayZ)

Change the Camo-Skin Model

Right now, players need the BAF pack to get the high-quality ghillie and camo skins. While I don't see any good replacements for the ghillie suit, there looks to be some suitable camouflage models included with Operation Arrowhead; specifically some of the Takistani Military models.

Example (taken from OA website): tak-soldier.png

I'm not sure if these models would work as player skins, but if possible we could have one less DLC-dependent model in the game :)

I remember seeing vipe in a takistani camo, so iirc it could be implemented.

ls would work as player skins' date=' but if possible we could have one less DLC-dependent model in the game :)[/quote']

But then nobody would buy the DLC just for the textures. Do you think it's a coincidence that the BAF and PMC skins are the two most prevalent?

The more skins and variety the better. I should be able to dress how i want.

ls would work as player skins' date=' but if possible we could have one less DLC-dependent model in the game :)[/quote']

But then nobody would buy the DLC just for the textures. Do you think it's a coincidence that the BAF and PMC skins are the two most prevalent?

I know that, but I hope it is not only business and add more skins for the sake of mod

I'm guessing I have the BAF pack then? Since i can see the ghillie and camo skins? Or am I misunderstanding the OP.

Does combined operations include all this? Who wouldn't have this? People with ARMA2 free version?

Arma2 Combined Operations comes with a "lite" version of BAF and PMC, so that everyone who has Combined Ops has low-poly, low-res versions of all the character models in the DLCs. If you want, well, pretty looking skins, you need to buy the DLC packs. I'm just pointing out that there are plenty of high-quality alternatives included in Arma2 and OA.